What's new

Question Is Pain Chain Guaranteed After B1?

Is Pain Chain Guaranteed After B1?

• Total voters

ll Nooby ll

To Live is to Die
Before you answer, I would like to say that this IS NOT a Pain Chain cancelled into B1. But a naked B1, then a Pain Chain.

When I first figured this out a bit ago, I initially believed that this could be escaped by back dashing. But after seeing a youtube video and talking to Zyphox, I started to wonder if maybe I did something wrong. So after trying this again I do believe that if you do the grab perfectly (which isn't hard to do, you just mash 4) it is guaranteed. But I'm asking you fellow Grundy players to test this yourselves and prove that this is in fact a reset.

If so, this opens up a lot more damage for Grundy, especially off of his D2.

DaiHuu

Nightwolf Mourner
Can't they just wake up to deter this? (except Death stroke, can throw him out of his blade spin for free on wake up c;)

ETC AdmiralAugustus

Grabble Frazzled
Like is a funky tick throw, on hit. I probably should have said B1 on hit in the title. (If someone could change that it would be greatly appreciated)
That seems like it could be guaranteed. I'm not on right now, so I can't test, but when I was playing casuals last week I was getting B1 > trait and nobody was jumping out or back dashing it. Seemed legit.

I don't get what you're referring to when you say he can get more damage off his d+2 then.

I think he means hitting B1 and instead of confirming into a combo just trait grabbing. It doesn't combo. ...I think that's what he means

ll Nooby ll

To Live is to Die
I don't get what you're referring to when you say he can get more damage off his d+2 then.
Well the 1 Bar Combo off a D2 is:
D2, 1~EX Swamp Hands, B3, Ji3, 11~Health Grab

If this is guaranteed you get A LOT more damage with this combo:
D2, 11~EX Swamp Hands, Ji2~B1, Health Grab

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
ll Nooby ll was testing the same thing out today.
testing with grundy vs grundy when b1 hits a well timed trait grab left no time for jump,b3/f3 or even time to activate super.
on times i was late i would catch the backdash but not catch a opponent trying to jump.

using the visual timing of when the blood splat that comes out when b1 hits goes away to go for the trait grab i found was working very well :)

DaiHuu

Nightwolf Mourner
So after testing this out further, I've found out this should be the go to thing to do instead of a regular bnb. In total this does 60%, while my regular bnb does 52% (112~MB Swamp hands, dash, b+3, ji.3, 11~health trait), experimenting with Superman's super fast...super, not even Superman can get out of this. Thoughts?

112~MB Swamp hands, ji.2, b+1, (29%) trait throw (31%)

Gruff757

The Gruff
So after testing this out further, I've found out this should be the go to thing to do instead of a regular bnb. In total this does 60%, while my regular bnb does 52% (112~MB Swamp hands, dash, b+3, ji.3, 11~health trait), experimenting with Superman's super fast...super, not even Superman can get out of this. Thoughts?

I like it since it reduces chance of clash a bit

Mestizo3

Noob
If this is a reset then they should be able to backdash, if it's a combo then why bother not cancel into the grab after the b+1?

Mestizo3

Noob
Will test this out when I get home, the potential sounds ridiculous.

The frame data for Grundy's pain chain and b+1 hit advantage shows that it should combo though

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
His trait grab doesnt work off of hit stun so you would need to wait until the stun is wearing off to grab. From my testing, if they block, attack or neutral jump it will hit. If they angle jump it will escape the trait throw.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game

I do the same thing but for swag I do...
112 SH MB, ji2, b1, WCC, trait throw.

Did this shit in practice mode day 1

DaiHuu

Nightwolf Mourner
His trait grab doesnt work off of hit stun so you would need to wait until the stun is wearing off to grab. From my testing, if they block, attack or neutral jump it will hit. If they angle jump it will escape the trait throw.
You sure they can jump out? You can't even superman super through this.

Mestizo3

Noob
Nope it is not

Just tested it, you can't jump or anything, you're forced to take the trait throw off the b+1
Did you try this as grundy vs grundy? Because grundy has more startup frames on his jump I heard. Also did you try jump back? Because Lordofthefly said you can angled jump out of it.

DaiHuu

Nightwolf Mourner
Did you try this as grundy vs grundy? Because grundy has more startup frames on his jump I heard. Also did you try jump back? Because Lordofthefly said you can angled jump out of it.
I tried this Grundy vs Superman, Ares, Flash, and Killer Frost. None of them can do anything, super, back dash, angle jump, neutral jump, reversal