What's new

Is Nightwolfs choke useless?

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
Like I said I could be wrong lol.

Does anyone else notice that the 1st or second hit of the 1221 randomly whiffs off of jip? Oddly enough it still combos

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio using Tapatalk

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
So you can get anywhere from 18% - 31% of unbreakable damage at the cost of 1 or 2 bars. Very situational indeed.

Mosp

Noob

Does anyone else notice that the 1st or second hit of the 1221 randomly whiffs off of jip? Oddly enough it still combos

Yes, this happens all the damn time. I think this happens because the jip makes the character duck a little bit making his standing 1 whiff, either way it's whack.

only use i found for choke is AA dont really need it for combos unless im trying to be flashy it's a pretty decent AA as long as your using the enhanced version

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
i wouldnt say its useless,its a nice looking combo ender although i dont use it anymore.the enhanced version is great when your trapped in the corner against jax though and he's hitting you with the f413 string. thanks for that tip lordofthefly,much appreciated!

cosmic eclipse

Khaotic clan
I'm trying to think of a situation where it's viable to use the choke, or EH choke for that matter. I know it looks nice in combos, but don't all of Nightwolfs high damaging combos do without it?
its actually an amazing move and ive been using it alot in situations where u are being swarmed by a rushdown character.it has armor so it will plow through characters attack.

this move has auto correct on it doesn't it? I have grabbed smoke out of his teleport a couple of times ( by accedent tho ). its no anti air thats for sure. does it whiff air projctiles like jax air grab? I think it may whiff out jip for a free unbreakable grab. test that shit out on everything!

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
this move has auto correct on it doesn't it? I have grabbed smoke out of his teleport a couple of times ( by accedent tho ). its no anti air thats for sure. does it whiff air projctiles like jax air grab? I think it may whiff out jip for a free unbreakable grab. test that shit out on everything!
The regular version is only good in block strings or in combos. The eh version is best on crossover jip or Jik because of armor...on rushdown it gets ducked so be careful when you use it.

Lows are so important that sometimes choke gets avoided on accident by my opponent.

McNasty

Moist.
I use it in combos for 2 reasons one if they have a breaker coming up and secondly to keep pressure by wiffing a shoulder to get up close. Catches a lot of people off gaurd since the lightening trap is what they are used to. I use the ex to get out of pressure and against characters that do good damage off of deep jump kicks.

Was randomly screwing around with NW in training yesterday, and it seems like if you land the jip too deep, the followup 1 will wiff. If you hit the jip a little earlier/higher, the followup 1 will connect.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Some dude canceled my pressure because he wakeup attacked with this move lol, how come that be useless?

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
I use it in combos for 2 reasons one if they have a breaker coming up and secondly to keep pressure by wiffing a shoulder to get up close. Catches a lot of people off gaurd since the lightening trap is what they are used to. I use the ex to get out of pressure and against characters that do good damage off of deep jump kicks.
This was what I was looking for right here.