What's new

Move List - Kotal Kahn Is Kotal Khan too unsafe?

Apex Kano

Kano Commando main MKX
He's a great character, with a couple weaknesses. If B122 and B14 were both safe on block and could both cancel into swords without being interrupted, he might be too much.

Sun God and War God are awesome how they are, Blood God does need some help though
Blood God needs help? I don't believe pulling a blue totem and doing +60% needing help. Unless you see another issue I'm not gasping.

I just started playing Kotal with Sun God and will play Blood God too. I feel that I need more experience to play better.
But tbh despite the fact that B122 is a very good string the good in it is the B1. Dropping B122 and praying for not blocking is not so good. :)

B122 special cancel has gap too so exPizza can be armored out too. But at least the opponent can eat the pizza. So I mainly use B122 only with bar and prepare the pizza. But probably a good player wouldn't do that just use the safer strings.

I need more exp. :)

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
Blood God needs help? I don't believe pulling a blue totem and doing +60% needing help. Unless you see another issue I'm not gasping.
0 armor means no wakeups, no armor reversals, no interrupting gaps. That's a huge issue. I'm not saying he's a bad character, just saying he could use a few small buffs to make him on par with Kotal's other two variations

Wigy

There it is...
0 armor means no wakeups, no armor reversals, no interrupting gaps. That's a huge issue. I'm not saying he's a bad character, just saying he could use a few small buffs to make him on par with Kotal's other two variations
Parry punishes gaps very nicely.

His purple totem is all the defence he needs on top of his top tier neutral and footsies.

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
Parry punishes gaps very nicely.

His purple totem is all the defence he needs on top of his top tier neutral and footsies.
Like I said, I never said he was a bad character. That guy asked me to point out Blood God's issues so I did. All I'm saying is he's clearly not on par with War God and Sun God, so he would need a few small changes to be up there with them

Bruno-NeoSpace

They see me zonin', they hatin'
Yeah to be honest as a Blood God player myself, I agree he is about low-mid tier right now. But with that being said, one single simple buff can easily shoot him up to top tier and make him overpowered. It's kind of hard to think of a fair buff for him to just shoot him up to upper-mid tier or something.

Maybe make an EX totem summon, where you have one hit of armor while summoning the totem? The armor goes away the instant he's done with the animation of summoning the totem. So you can EX totem to eat a projectile or something. And also have slightly better wakeup but it would still be easy to break that armor because he doesn't do an attack with it
Weird buff :p

Just buff the red totem to not disappear on block and on hit. This way the red totem would be very useful.

Pnut

Mouth of the Illuminati
Blood god is only good against a couple of characters. He suffers from lack of armor and wakeup. People saying "oh the damage" need to look at the fact that he also has no mixups so who cares. Blood god mostly wins from laming people out rather than the damage

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
I knew once Kotal Kahn got buffed that all these downplayers would pick him up and have our Kotal community whining for buffs like a lot of the other communities.

Roll with him or don't, but if you want to be a bunch of whiney little bastards - make sure you precursor your post with the fact that you're a Johhny-Come-Lately Kotal Kahn - and not one of the originals.

Some of these posts make us look just as bad as every other downplaying community and it wasn't like that before.

He's fine. Now, shoo - go away.

heres the issue- you can't really open up a good player with BG, and a damage totem in neutral will make him even more defensive than normal. What good is a 60% combo if theres no way to start it?

I played a couple of blood god vs wargod.
I was with bg and it was really sux sometimes but i could win if i wasnt in pressure without wakeup.
Who is the favored of that matchup?

Apex Kano

Kano Commando main MKX
heres the issue- you can't really open up a good player with BG, and a damage totem in neutral will make him even more defensive than normal. What good is a 60% combo if theres no way to start it?
Okay. I see what you mean now. Just practiced with him since forever and all his strings are overheads or mids. Looks like all I need to do is block high.