What's new

Is Kotal Kahn the "perfect" character of MKX right now?

Is Kotal Kahn the best-designed character of MKX?

• Yes

• No

• What a stupid thread (aka I cant argue with logic, but like Subzero better just beacuse)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Quan seems better than high tech anywhere on screen. Can a jacqui player explain why she does well? Not being a dick im genuinely curious.

Hanzer0

Wanna order chinese later?
Clearly OP just wants kotal to be the answer to his own question or he'll argue. If anyone else is listening i would say takeda has great options by variation. Ronin then shirai ryu cover most matchups comfortably and i think lasher beats his other two variations.

Forbidden_Donut

"You think you bad? Pffft, You ain't bad.."
Why do people have to pick apart a question and whine like they're five?

He's talking about a character that has three VIABLE variations that you would NEED to make the character complete, but by utilizing those variations you have a VIABLE CHARACTER capable of 5/5ing any MU.

But hey, lets bitch about irrelevant shit and do our best to chase legitimate posters away!
Dude, it's not the question that's the problem, it's how's he's trying to discuss his points. He's being a huge dick. He's literally responding to people's posts with "hahahaha no". Everyone is making really valid points and trying to discuss the topic but he's invalidating everyone's posts without even properly explaining why.

Perdition

Your friendly neighborhood cynic
cyber sub mk9?? ;)

edit: also more on topic, imo best designed char is tremor. switching between aftershock and crystalline change up so much and help were the other lacked. sure even with the lack luster metallic zoning that variation does some serious work in other ways in lava mode and good few would consider that his "weakest" variation
Totally agree. Tremors all around design has made me love the character as much as my favorites from past games. Tremor deserves a spot on every future MK game.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
How? I saw u say it was good earlier too....i tried to play it but it feels terrible lol what am i missing? I love the premise just doesn't seem good
Once you get in, whether by spacing, blocking an attack, etc, you can start your offense on block with +frames and +cancels and more +on block setups to the point to whether he takes chip of death or a hit into combo of death. The Jacqui player has to make a mistake 9/10 times for Quan to even be able to do anything once she gets started. MU is possibly in Jacqui's favor. I agree with Panic.

Fallen_sektor

I will show no mercy
Not In the way you put it. Kotal is an enjoyable char, he looks amazing on stream, watching Mr aquaman or madzin in tournaments it's ridiculously hype, but sadly MKX is only 50/50s and heavy rushdowns, what I think NRS really wanted (I'm talking out of my ass) was a more offensive game than injustice, because thats exactly what made people hate igau, zoning for days, crazy backaldashes, defensive play was a viable strategy, baiting was harder, but it worked, In MKX they used the most effective offensive moves in igau, 50/50s and looping preassure and added run and 2 bar breaker, they were like, just make it way faster, we don't have time for patience, just make it exactly the opposite of injustice
Boring
Hype