What's new

Question - Kenjutsu Is kenjutsu viable online?

_CHINOCUDEIRO_

Machakabotones
Any combo that doesnt work at least 80% offline is inviable online, so I prefer to go to the b32-df1 (low overhead) or f2-ender if I have no meter.
db1-111 its nice to make combo videos, not to play consistently

George Costanza

The Myth, The Legend
So i was deciding my main variation so i practiced some combos with kenjutsu and balanced,the timing for kenjutsu seemed much more strict.If i want to play online should i stick with balanced?
You are going about online all wrong...lol
Don't learn combos just press random buttons at your leisure and throw in a few D1s and special moves and X-rays at random times you will win.

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
kenshi isnt viable period....at least so i've heard. unless he got a buff or something.
This sort of nonsense is the worst stuff on this forum. People just read what they see bitched about and then regurgitate it as if it's an undeniable fact, without actually KNOWING anything for themselves. At least you admit it, most pretend otherwise.

Anyway back on topic, I'm having a lot of fun with Kenjutsu - but I'm definitely less consistent online than Balanced. I wish for offline play, we could just get a frame or two added to DB1 links :( not asking for a buff, just a consistency thing

Kenjutsu is tricky, I recently started playing with it but the timing is way to strict on the db1 follow-up. I'm at the point where I can land it 30 % in training but online is a lost cause. I suppose you could go for more reliable strings and save the double tap combos for offline

Carmine

PSN: CaptCarmine
I have gotten really consistent with the 111 follow up in training and I can get the d1, but how how do you guys get the b3,2 after the d1

LEGEND

YES!
I have gotten really consistent with the 111 follow up in training and I can get the d1, but how how do you guys get the b3,2 after the d1
I doubt that anyone can hit that combo consistently enough to make it worth it. Its also stance and character specific for the timeing so ya. . .

Just do D1 Ex slam. Super consistent

It also depends on what string you started the combo with. Hitting the db1, 1, b32 combo off of F2 as a starter for example is different (Damn near impossible) than off of say a 111 or b1 punish

And I've gotten to the point where I can P much hit/block confirm b32 so I don't even use db1 with that string. Worth practicing

Carmine

I doubt that anyone can hit that combo consistently enough to make it worth it. Its also stance and character specific for the timeing so ya. . .

Just do D1 Ex slam. Super consistent

It also depends on what string you started the combo with. Hitting the db1, 1, b32 combo off of F2 as a starter for example is different (Damn near impossible) than off of say a 111 or b1 punish

And I've gotten to the point where I can P much hit/block confirm b32 so I don't even use db1 with that string. Worth practicing
Yeah I can do the d1 slam decently well, and maybe I'll just do that for meterless damage, and yeah for meter I heavily prefer the f32/b32/421 exdb4 because you can hit confirm those strings, especially 421

LEGEND

YES!
Yeah I can do the d1 slam decently well, and maybe I'll just do that for meterless damage, and yeah for meter I heavily prefer the f32/b32/421 exdb4 because you can hit confirm those strings, especially 421
If you go for the overhead though D1-Ex slam is the most consistent way to get good damage. Still get about 37% iirc

Carmine

If you go for the overhead though D1-Ex slam is the most consistent way to get good damage. Still get about 37% iirc
Is that spacing specific, becuase I can get it consistently when I do the f2 right on top the opponent but at max range the 1 or d1 tend to whiff or I could be doing the timing ofd

LEGEND

YES!
Is that spacing specific, becuase I can get it consistently when I do the f2 right on top the opponent but at max range the 1 or d1 tend to whiff or I could be doing the timing ofd
If you're hitting the f2-db1 from around max range then you won't be close enough for the d1 follow up. The distance at which you land F2 might effect the timing but I can't really tell personally.

Currently hitting it 9/10 on mileena in training mode rn and it's P easy to tell if they're to far away for the D1 to even connect

Carmine

If you're hitting the f2-db1 from around max range then you won't be close enough for the d1 follow up. The distance at which you land F2 might effect the timing but I can't really tell personally.

Currently hitting it 9/10 on mileena in training mode rn and it's P easy to tell if they're to far away for the D1 to even connect
if its too far to connect, what do you normally do just go back to neutral?

LEGEND

YES!
if its too far to connect, what do you normally do just go back to neutral?
If you're trying to use F2 at its max range then just input F2-bf2. Safe on block vs every one but like Jax and Ermac afaik. Reptile can probably punish but Idk for sure

If you happen to catch someone at max range with F2-db1 then ya you can't follow up with anything. Tho I'd still try and link the D1 just incase