What's new

Video Is Jumping too Good? Anti-Airs + Jumps

What would you like to see happen in the balance patch regarding MKX?

• Total voters

Bruno-NeoSpace

They see me zonin', they hatin'
- Jumping now has 2 - 3 frame extra start up before your character becomes airborne vs strike attacks. (this does not affect jumping out of throws or command grabs)

- Jump attacks can no longer be cancelled into aerial special attacks when whiffed and while you are on the way down from the jump in recovery frames.

- All jumping attacks now have 2 extra frames of whiff recovery.

- Strings or normal attacks can no longer be linked after a BACKWARDS jump attack on BLOCK ONLY. (the follow ups will still come out and connect on hit).

- JIP attacks linked into strings or attacks now ONLY jail on block into attacks that are 12 frames or faster.

- JIP attacks that hit the opponent and are NOT linked into any attack follow ups now have their hit stun reduced by half.
god i wish ^^^^

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Implying Scorpion is hard to use
Implying Scorpion is not the most popular pick since day 1
Implying Scorpion cares about jacqui spammers

Jacqui spammers were kept in check by an online system that's basically a ragequit fest. They want to play the game and have fun too so between ragequiters and getting mopped by skilled players there is no much playing nor fun. That's why Full Auto Jacqui was never a problem.

There is no conspiracy here, The game rewards bad fundamentals otherwise you wouldn't see many threads like this one.
First of all, pipe down with your 4chan esque babble.

Also, when did I say anything about Scorpion? But since you brought him up and since I play the character, his most frequent variation between online casual players, Jacqui turns into Pringles with relative ease, and FYI, that variation was also nerfed early on and is yet to receive any variation-specific buffs. So again, where's your Intel about NRS "rewarding casual players with bad fundamentals" coming from?

Darth-Nero

Come Thunder! Come Lightning!
First of all, pipe down with your 4chan esque babble.
Make me.

Also, when did I say anything about Scorpion? But since you brought him up and since I play the character, his most frequent variation between online casual players, Jacqui turns into Pringles with relative ease, and FYI, that variation was also nerfed early on and is yet to receive any variation-specific buffs. So again, where's your Intel about NRS "rewarding casual players with bad fundamentals" coming from?
You completely missed my point, I wasn't criticizing Scorpion. I was saying almost all online casuals are using Scorpion therefore full auto spammers were never a problem to anyone. So your smarmy point is just invalid.

SylverRye

Official Loop Kang Main
If theres one good thing mkx taught me as a liu main, its to trip guard. Lius u4 was obviously made as an aa move but it sucks. S1 and f2 are eh, i dont like to risk, get stuffed, eat 30%+ into oki, so i either trip guard or hold the jump in lol. I use d2 as well but 14% doesn't scare anyone into staying grounded. I really hope aas are improved. Come on nrs

What if blocked Jump In Punches would not lead to blockstring? Instead, player who did JIP would have this "landing stun" as if he whiffed, and opponent would be in enough blockstun to make situation neutral? What do you guys think?

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
What if blocked Jump In Punches would not lead to blockstring? Instead, player who did JIP would have this "landing stun" as if he whiffed, and opponent would be in enough blockstun to make situation neutral? What do you guys think?
For as much as I hate jumping, I like the jailing of jips. I'd rather add startup and recovery frames to jumps, buff aas and anti crossups, and nerf jump attacks.

I'd like to add that in my opinion NO jump attack on the way up should hit a crouching opponent, the Takeda njp needs to go.