What's new

is it me or is mileena ezmode online?

no?

i hate when people refer to character as 'easy mode'

by easy mode you mean, using a good tactic that you cant beat so you assume its the character thats easy to use and not the player your facing skill level?

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
It's you...

I had trouble against Mileenas at first, but now I can compete well against good ones. What exactly are you having trouble with? There isn't anything like a Reptile elbow dash she has that you can't punish online.

TheChad_87

Bad Reputation
Let me know if I'm close, okay?

1) You always stand block and get hit by B3, B4. Then after she gets you twice in a row, you start crouch-blocking and get hit by U4.
2) You never block after an (EN) Tele-kick, iAS and get hit by the Ball Roll that gets thrown out after.
3) You don't know any combos with your character that begin with a jK so you eat repeated D+4s all day (example: jK, *iAF. dash, 4, Fan Toss, dash, 2, Fan Toss, F+2, Fan Cutter (41%, 11 Hits) - If Kitana lands that bad boy, Mileena will definitely think twice about D4 spam).

I'm just curious because these seem to be common themes among the players I know and play with that hate when I use Mileena.

Remember this:
1) Always block low. if she uses U4, you have PLENTY of time to release D and stand and block the overhead. You just have to watch Mileena and figure out what she's goin for.
2) Always block low - even her Telekick. If you block low, you can punish Tele-kick, iAS with an uppercut. If you block high, it's not punishable. If Mileena is NOT using iAS after Tele-kick, block high and punish with full combo. ALWAYS block after an EN Tele-kick. 90% of Mileena players will Ball Roll out of habit.
3) Learn a combo starting with a jK to punish low poked with. http://bit.ly/q4a2jl <== this links to the Community-Driven Character FAQ that I, as well as several others have been working on. There are jK combos listed for some characters and I am currently in the process of adding them for the others.

You guys are so quick to judge me and think I'm some beginner.

I'm wondering if Mileena is ezmode online because I am better than my friend yet when we play tag it looks like he dominates the matchs capable of chaining back to back mileen combos by spamming U4 and shit. The guy just turtles, punishes with a roll, spams U4 for a second combo and boom 60% or so.

I tend to have a much better footsies game than him and what not. For instance, my friend can't play a character that doesn't do dmg off a special move that can combo (cyrax net, mileena roll, ermac lift, that's all he can play) but I can play 80% of the cast and do just as well by playing footsies. I don't do combos with half the cast and can beat him, and just dominate him when I can combo.

But online I seem to struggle way more than him. This is why I wonder if Mileena is ezmode or something. My friends shit always seems to land and he just turtles and spams U4. Meanwhile I'm hurting to mix up and condition people online to respect my characters moves and struggle like mad.

Maybe it's just that your typical online guy just doesn't get conditionned because they don't know they should fear x y or z and just keep doing the same shit so I think they will respect it and do Y and they just keep doing their own random thing.

GambitTheFirst

Just some bees, please.
Maybe it's just that your typical online guy just doesn't get conditionned because they don't know they should fear x y or z and just keep doing the same shit so I think they will respect it and do Y and they just keep doing their own random thing.
Well besides TheChad's great detailed post on fighting Mileena, I think you may have answered your own question right there. Some people online aren't clever enough to realise you're doing the same stuff over and over so you might have to change the game plan a bit. But then again, if he's doing U4 over and over, then aren't you pretty much having the same problem? It's easy to see coming and even though it's online, provided you're not playing someone with a very slow uppercut you can just uppercut it at the very least, although as The Chad said, comboing off jk is the optimum punishment.

cyke_out

Noob
You talk about easy mode, spamming, turtling.. as if it's something to be frowned apun and you wonder why people are assuming you as some kind of beginner?

If you are truly better than your friend, then you would beat him no matter who he picks as long as you know the match up. Who do you play when he picks mileena? Mileena's roll and telekick are not safe, u4 is easily blocked on reaction even online. Learn the match up, and work on your own weaknesses instead of trying to blame something else.

You talk about easy mode, spamming, turtling.. as if it's something to be frowned apun and you wonder why people are assuming you as some kind of beginner?

If you are truly better than your friend, then you would beat him no matter who he picks as long as you know the match up. Who do you play when he picks mileena? Mileena's roll and telekick are not safe, u4 is easily blocked on reaction even online. Learn the match up, and work on your own weaknesses instead of trying to blame something else.
nononono... when we play online tag we are on the same team. What I mean is our opponents always fall for his constant U4 spam and he lands double 30% combos back to back constantly and they always get nailed by it.

On opponents that play like myself, my friend can't land anything and gets frustrated, but we encounter people like that maybe 5% of the time. Maybe 10 guys in the spam of a week of gaming. So it looks like my friend owns since the majority of people constantly get nailed and renailed by this U4 spam. I on the other hand do just as well against lag spammers as I do people who know how to play. What I mean is I barely get flawlessless, yet my friend gets em qujte often cause if they fail block 3 times its 90% dmg and they always do fail to block even if he keeps doing the same thing.

Understand my issue now?

nononono... when we play online tag we are on the same team. What I mean is our opponents always fall for his constant U4 spam and he lands double 30% combos back to back constantly and they always get nailed by it.

On opponents that play like myself, my friend can't land anything and gets frustrated, but we encounter people like that maybe 5% of the time. Maybe 10 guys in the spam of a week of gaming. So it looks like my friend owns since the majority of people constantly get nailed and renailed by this U4 spam. I on the other hand do just as well against lag spammers as I do people who know how to play. What I mean is I barely get flawlessless, yet my friend gets em qujte often cause if they fail block 3 times its 90% dmg and they always do fail to block even if he keeps doing the same thing.

Understand my issue now?
... no
not really.
kudos to your friend i guess

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Because there aren't many good players who play tag.

Okay remember when MK first came out and we saw legions of 111 spear scorpions? Well this is essentially how he plays, except with cyrax its net, ermc is lift, mileena is ball. he pays the same and gravitates fromt oen char to another because the masses have adapated to ermacs and scorpions. But I find they have not adapted to Mileena and this is why I am questionning if she is ezmode or not.

He can't 111 spear anymore but he can U4 spam into roll and that works. Now do you guys get it>?

I've felt this way too at times, honestly. I've fought some really random ass Mileenas that beat me because they're just saying "screw it" and throwing out rolls and telekicks like they're giveaways. You can't do anything except guard and that's some of the dumbest stuff ever. But you do learn to beat it after a few games. I also use Mileena and in my opinion Mileena's worst matchup is herself so that's another thing.

TheChad_87

Bad Reputation
I've felt this way too at times, honestly. I've fought some really random ass Mileenas that beat me because they're just saying "screw it" and throwing out rolls and telekicks like they're giveaways. You can't do anything except guard and that's some of the dumbest stuff ever. But you do learn to beat it after a few games. I also use Mileena and in my opinion Mileena's worst matchup is herself so that's another thing.
Very good point, and I DEFINITELY agree that Mileena's worst match-up is herself. You have to completely change your playstyle.

I know that you are only referencing the players online who do this stuff randomly repeatedly, but I just wanted to add, and I think I am well above average competency as a player (We played quite a few games just the other day), that I will throw out random rolls at times just because it is unexpected and it does work from time to time.

Mileena is at her best when she's thought out and deliberate in everything she does and playing the mind-fuck. No doubt. She absolutely does, however, have the skillset to go balls to the wall and just be every-frickin-where and win with a super high-risk/high-reward playstyle. I've won several rounds 3s by going into what I term "crazy mode" with her and just playing hyper-aggressively with no real pattern and as crazy as it is, it works FAR more often than not. It completely destroys any opponent who tries to play offensively.

Having said all that, you play an impeccable Mileena and I have mad respect for your play and any feedback/comments you have concerning the character. I just wanted to point out that "Random Ass Mileena" can actually be an effective high-risk/high-reward playstyle, in my experience anyway. ^_^

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Random teleports?

Two things guys

Block low and then w any character do D1 into special

Or dash forward on reaction to the tele - see me VS Atl_redd videos on YouTube for example

Good luck pulling a random mileena on good players. D1 to special donkey stomps that hoe

Yeah I know, if they stick around to keep playing I figure them out. But what makes me mad is when I destroy all their characters with mileena so they think "Oh yeah? well I can play EZMode Mileena too pal" Then they play me one game and do unbelievably crazy stuff and win. Then they quit, almost like "yeah anyone can do that Mileena bs".

Anyway, Mileena's D1 into special doesn't work well like Cage D1 or Kitana D1, since roll will go underneath them. You have to do D1, then a well timed D4 into roll to get any kind of real damage. It's really hard to do consistently. especially if you're playing online.

Random teleports?

Two things guys

Block low and then w any character do D1 into special

Or dash forward on reaction to the tele - see me VS Atl_redd videos on YouTube for example

Good luck pulling a random mileena on good players. D1 to special donkey stomps that hoe
Nice. I'll give this a shot when facing them.

xQCBx

HxC Femme-Fatale
Mileena is in no way Easy-Mode. The competition you and your friend have ecountered are just ignorant to fighting Mileena. For anyone who thinks Mileena is easy, including the OP. Pick her up and train hard as you possibly can, then compete in an offline major.
Your opinion will completely change GARUNTEED.

rrespiritu

Mortal Kom~what now?
Mileena is not a pick up character. She is one of the hardest characters to use.
I find scorpion and kabal easier to use than mileena, but thats just me.
I really want to pick her up after being untouched by the recent patch its just im not used to her specials.
well maybe back to the lab with mileena for weeks before i can say anything about her being "EZ MODE"