What's new

Is injustice's combo system too restrictive?

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
The combos in this game are almost exactly like mk9's except for the b3 and f3 extensions. It's always string into launcher/special, into an air move into another string/special ending with another string/special.

I don't understand what the problem is or how it's not like mk9. And who cares? Combos are combos. They're just combos. The game is about hitting the opponent with shit. Combos are just for maximizing damage.

Wildabeast

The Bat in the Hat
I dunno std gabriel is talking about, what the issue is the payout for more demanding combos is terrible compared to simple bnbs.

This is something that has plagued NRS's games for years. A great example is shazam:

Ji2-F12-d1xxHerculean might = 23%
Ji2-F12-d2-b2xxHerculean might = 23%

But the latter is much more demanding
I will agree with this, and yes MK is just as guilty. Perfect example is Kung Lao:

JiP, 112~Spin, Dash, jk~Dive Kick, Dash, 1, Dash 1, Dash, 241+2 = 33%

JiP, 112~Spin, Dash, jk~ Dive Kick, Instant Air Dive Kick, Dash 241+2 = 34%

JiP, 112~Spin, Dash, jk~Dive Kick, F3~Spin, 241+2 = 36%

The top one is so easy a cave man can do it, the middle one takes some practice but isn't too bad, the bottom one I would never even dream of attempting in a real match.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Its restrictive to say the least. Theres a lot you can come up with here and there, but the utility of many combos is limited by the string system. It'd get pretty wild and sexy though if normals could link. I'd be D1 combo linking with several folks I play. Bane, Hawkgirl, Green Arrow...

Its not dull due to the combo system though if anyone is trying to claim that. Its just got a lack of utility involving starters and mobility IMO causing repetition in matches.