What's new

Question - Goro Is Goro just really simplistic?

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
pretty much. he has good specials and thats really it. Hes slow as hell, cant really aa for shit, has a huge hitbox and his combos are really not much of a threat compared to the rest of the cast.
Almost all of his strings are plus and relatively quick, he has 4 non-special move launchers(+ a great NJP) that lead into +30 to +35% damage, a far reaching overhead that's safe on block and gives you a small launch in the corner for a full combo, a cancelable low starter, great pokes(especially d4 and f3), good air normals(including JI4 which leads into full-combo on hit), an anti-cross up normal that can lead into a full combo and can also extends strings meterlessly in the corner, one of the better sweeps in the game, a basically-instant overhead string that pops up and is cancelable, and B2 which is another safe on block launcher.

+His amazing specials.

He's fine, he's not top 3 OP da bes, but he's fine and he has a surplus of good tools and options.

Gruff757

The Gruff
The moments when you U1/2 some poor sap out of the air into a combo......is only bested by the moments when you B2 some poor fool for jumping at you, for a nice 33% off an AA.

PC Online play. Ugh. You cannot do any combo with goro. Its horrendous. You need to use an EX to start a combo. Such bad. Many lags. Wow.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Even though I said Goro sucks before(although even then I was somewhat joking) after taking him to the lab he has some pretty good stuff.

If by simple you mean there isnt any crazy execution requirements and/or dash cancel stuff then yes, but he still has to take into account everything other characters do(whiff punishing, spacing, counter poking, footsies, etc.).

Brutal Chimney

vaporus punching bag
That reminds me that forced password reset recently fixed the glitch that prevented Goro from being downloaded I should take him into training now.

ruff321

Noob
I fucking love Goro in this game. Compared to the rest of the cast he looks unique and as a huge godzilla fan I like the whole monster look that he has.

Def my fav character to play as in MKX. There's nothing wrong with a character being simplistic. Just look at Doomsday. All it comes down to is reads, footsies, and MU knowledge.

D_Matt_Ma

Sheeva isn't Goro's wife. Goro is her husband.
Don't care about online. But offline, he builds too much meter for opponents and is low for this reason. His damage is too low for that many hits, mainly from punch walk and command throw. There's nothing wrong with his simplistic tools, but the game system is working against him. Ferra torr can do more damage in less hits. Less hits mean less meter for opponents

Don't care about online. But offline, he builds too much meter for opponents and is low for this reason. His damage is too low for that many hits, mainly from punch walk and command throw. There's nothing wrong with his simplistic tools, but the game system is working against him. Ferra torr can do more damage in less hits. Less hits mean less meter for opponents
Plus, anyone jumping on Goro wins the match. Ferra, not so much.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
I've been watching a streamer who has all kinds of unavoidable setups using Goro. Goro doesn't have a lot of defensive moves, but if someone can spur the tide with him and knows what he can do, he can be a hassle.

I'm sure someone will remember the streamer's name. He uses the variation with all the fire attacks.