What's new

Is Erron Black Broken?

DeftMonk

Noob
I would have said no, but fucking fix this please.
thats nothing. I play erron sometimes vs my friend who plays cetrion and when you go into rifle stance if he tries to FB u just do the prone shot with erron...FB lands on ur back and does jack shit.

Is it just me or Erron doesn't feel as good anymore. I was very strong with him in the beginning but now everyone knows how to block and counter him. Now I'm losing to characters who are supposed to be much weaker than him and getting rushed down like crazy.

Maybe it's just me and everyone else is just leveling up while I remain the same lol.

Neeko

Noob
Is it just me or Erron doesn't feel as good anymore. I was very strong with him in the beginning but now everyone knows how to block and counter him. Now I'm losing to characters who are supposed to be much weaker than him and getting rushed down like crazy.

Maybe it's just me and everyone else is just leveling up while I remain the same lol.
Nah it’s not you he was overhyped a bit. No one was reacting to his scud shot cancels but now a days most good players aren’t letting that be used for pressure too often unless you condition by actually spending Meter on scud shot after the cancel. Ppl are actually playing the mu correctly and jumping back or neutral jumping to punish f4. I’ve also been getting poked out of it a lot. He’s super solid but i think that “broke” talk should chill

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Nah it’s not you he was overhyped a bit. No one was reacting to his scud shot cancels but now a days most good players aren’t letting that be used for pressure too often unless you condition by actually spending Meter on scud shot after the cancel. Ppl are actually playing the mu correctly and jumping back or neutral jumping to punish f4. I’ve also been getting poked out of it a lot. He’s super solid but i think that “broke” talk should chill
Nah he's still broke. The scud cancels are still always in his favor. You can always MB it to punish any attempts to interrupt, one of the best conditioning tools in the game. You can't zone him at all, his DoT is lightning fast with little to no recovery with a ton of setups. His damage is above average. If people jump back to punish F4 then you are throwing it out in neutral willy nilly which is your fault. He has a decent walkspeed, use it. Not to mention he has undoubtedly the best FB in the game, great pokes, decent zoning, and pretty good defensive options.

He has arguably the most versatile kit in the game. If you are struggling with him you need to adapt your play. He's undeniably top 3 in the game, anyone saying otherwise is straight downplaying.

Edit: To be clear I don't think he needs to be gutted. Maybe make F4 a little more minus, limit his anti zoning (the fact he can invalidate some characters is dumb af, make his gun parry have a limit or something). Maybe change scud cancels to cost more resources, or make them more minus? Idk, he doesn't need a ton of nerfs, but he's too good at too many things rn.

Last edited:

Neeko

Noob
Nah he's still broke. The scud cancels are still always in his favor. You can always MB it to punish any attempts to interrupt, one of the best conditioning tools in the game. You can't zone him at all, his DoT is lightning fast with little to no recovery with a ton of setups. His damage is above average. If people jump back to punish F4 then you are throwing it out in neutral willy nilly which is your fault. He has a decent walkspeed, use it. Not to mention he has undoubtedly the best FB in the game, great pokes, decent zoning, and pretty good defensive options.

He has arguably the most versatile kit in the game. If you are struggling with him you need to adapt your play. He's undeniably top 3 in the game, anyone saying otherwise is straight downplaying.

Edit: To be clear I don't think he needs to be gutted. Maybe make F4 a little more minus, limit his anti zoning (the fact he can invalidate some characters is dumb af, make his gun parry have a limit or something). Maybe change scud cancels to cost more resources, or make them more minus? Idk, he doesn't need a ton of nerfs, but he's too good at too many things rn.
Waiiiit who said I was struggling with him bruh? I ended my statement with he’s super solid. I’m just sayin ppl are dealing with his tools better now. “If ppl are jump back punishing f4 you’re using it too much” yeah that’s my point. It’s not really an all out fuck neutral tool like everyone thinks if you can’t throw it it all the time.

he doesn’t get above average damage at all idk where you got that from? His bnbs don’t break 30 percent unless you’re in corner or krushing blow.

Now for scud shot. No doubt it’s strong. But you sayin he can’t be zoned out is completely false. Plenty of characters zone him out. Scud shot isn’t a true fireball. You have to spend Meter. Rifle requires reload which means it’s not as reliable as typical fireballs.

For scud cancels, Like you said you need to condition them with mb scud shot because any cancel is negative. And even if they do get hit by scud mb that’s 6 damage for a bar. And if he doesn’t have meter then he can’t mb it so an opponent can take there turn guaranteed if that’s the case.

I’m not saying he’s not strong but I don’t see how a character who isn’t even top 3 can be considered “broke”

Neeko

Noob

I will agree with you that his poker are really good but I don’t see that making him broke either. You also didn’t seem to mention the fact he has way below average wake up game and struggles in the anti air department. I also don’t agree he has the undebatable best fatal blow. It’s mostly great but at the end of the day it is a high, and the last shots have to hit for the thing to actually come out. I think kabal and Jax both have just as good fatal blows

Neeko

Noob

How is he top 3?? Did something happen to Sonya Cassie and jacqui???

REO

Undead
Updated OP with two new videos.

Scud Shot breakdown and how it works exactly:

Zoning Attacks that can go through Scud Shot:

Kitana (Highborn) - Sai Drop
Jax - Ground Pound
Cetrion - Vine Grab
Cetrion (Spring Cleaning) - Water Geyser
Shang Tsung - Corpse Drop
Shang Tsung (Warlock) - Ground Eruption
Frost (Ice Machine) - Core Discharge
Frost - Fatal Blow
Sonya Blade (Ring Master) - Drone Drop
Raiden - Lightning Strike
Skarlet - Blood Tentacle
D'Vorah - Ground Swarm
Geras - Sand Trap
Geras (New Era) - Sand Pillar

(These moves below sometimes go through Scud Shot depending on the angle they're done)
Cassie - Flippin' Out
Jacqui Briggs (Next Gen) - Up Grenade Launcher
Jacqui Briggs (Next Gen) - (Air) Grenade Launcher
Sub-Zero (Thin Ice) - Air Axe
Kabal - Air Downward Buzzsaw
D'Vorah (Buzzed) - Ticking Time Bomb
Kollector (Spare Change) - Air Vile

Scud Shot FRAME DATA on cancels & Rushdown: (includes easy way to test all his cancel data on Scud Shot for yourself)

Last edited:
How can you allow a character with unsafe strings beeing safe just cause of scud cancel? Basicaly everything unsafe doesn't mean shit to erron black with his cancel into the stance which makes him safe again. Good job^^