What's new

Match-up Discussion Is Cyrax a bad mu for everyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
Cyrax can hit for 80-90% off one bar easily. This is done after an advancing special hits or any combo is hit confirmed. I would think this alone makes the entire cast by default 4-6 vs him, opposed to default 5-5.

Thoughts?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Spletty

Grandmaster
In all seriousness though it is pretty easy to pick up rax and abuse his dirt. Anyone can play an ok cyrax but it takes a lot to get dominant with him. That being said he's definitely top 5. No more of this "barely top 10" garbage.

Cyrax is not top 5, no way. The only reason he's even decent is resets; he simply cannot compete at the highest possible level any other way. Just like Smoke.

CRUM

Noob
Cyrax is 5 or 6 IMO. I think he's better than Freddy quite honestly. But Cyrax loses a couple of matchups at the highest level.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Cyrax is not top 5, no way. The only reason he's even decent is resets; he simply cannot compete at the highest possible level any other way. Just like Smoke.
15% decent speed command grab leading to free jip pressure

f2+334 advancing huge ass advantage

forces you to move with bombs

net with a hitbox the size of godzilla

decent meterless damage

overheads+lows

56% damage no resets midscreen, 60%+ in the corner.

yeah, just like smoke.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
This character is silly. If Kabal didn't break the rules COMPLETLEY when it comes to having to deal with other peoples footsie and spacing options..... then he'd be numero uno.

He has so much shit ...... i mean..... its bonkers. THTB to say something hilarious about how fucked up this character is.

NKZero

Noob
People talk as if Cyrax has bad footsies. Cyrax has methods to get in but he struggles versus the real hardcore zoners. He has the most ridiculous 50/50 mix-up in the game. He has great low pokes which he can cancel into that stupid ass buzz saw. We don't even need to talk about his damage output which in essence gives him probably the best comeback factor in the game. He has a lot of frame advantage on block as well off shit like 334 or F2. This character is definitely top 5. Qwark28 summed it up perfectly really. This character is Einstein fucking dumb.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
People talk as if Cyrax has bad footsies. Cyrax has methods to get in but he struggles versus the real hardcore zoners. He has the most ridiculous 50/50 mix-up in the game. He has great low pokes which he can cancel into that stupid ass buzz saw. We don't even need to talk about his damage output which in essence gives him probably the best comeback factor in the game. He has a lot of frame advantage on block as well off shit like 334 or F2. This character is definitely top 5. Qwark28 summed it up perfectly really. This character is Einstein fucking dumb.
thanks for the tag, forgot to mention

poking out of cyrax pressure is more dangerous than from any other character, one wrong guess and youre down 90%, unbreakable damage or hell, even breaker traps in which if you break youre only doing so to get 20% less damage on you.

theres a guessing game everytime cyrax lands a jip, will he do a string or f2?guess wrong and youre either -11 or in a fucking net, maybe hell do the command grab and be like +40 AND with 15% less hp and in the same mixup

if he had better recovery and a faster f2 this char would be a better johnny cage

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
im going to close this thread as it's pretty irrelevant when we have Krayzie's chart, which has essentially become the cyrax matchup discussion thread.

you guys are more than welcome to continue this discussion there though. :)

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I know the thread is closed, but I'm just gonna say this character is fucking stupid beyond belief. A zoning game that's used to keep you from zoning endlessly, a command throw that leads to a safe jump that sets up a dumb scenario where if you don't block you die, but if you do, you eat it again, good footsies, absurd damage. Wtf. Not top 5? You're crazy. Who even beats him aside from the obvious ones? He out damages characters too much to where slight advantages get turned to even because he simply punishes every mistake ridiculously hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.