What's new

Is Captain Cold viable?

Somea2V

Thread Referee
Well MK11 is coming and Cold will die like this for the remainder of INJ2.

Thanks community and comentators, OMG HE DID IT WITH COLD, THE MIXUPS THE DAMAGE, COLD COMMUNITY EXPOSED.

Thank you so much.
M.D., why are you acting this way? The NRS community has always been like this. Move on to better games and communities like some of us did.

Capitán basura pertenece al basurero. Let Captain trash to go to the garbage can were He belongs.
Rest in pieces.

Thanks a lot Paulo... Great vision You had here... The next injustice will be a non day one buy from me for sure... I will wait until its worth less than a penny.

Last edited:

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
I dropped the game, because Cold isn't viable anymore. Pre-patch, he was kinda good, but needed some tweaks to be viable against the cast. Instead, NRS tweaked the wrong tools, and now post-patch he's no longer viable.

Ice Trap (DB3) used to hold them in check while you were charging the gun. It was 5". Now it's 3" in active frames. This tool is useful against the teleporting guys, like Raiden and Black Manta.

Wall (DB2) used to have the pushblock to make a great distance against those who got too close to Cold. Post-Patch, this tool has no longer the pushblock. The pushblock could save you from the footsies game. Now this one is way punishable, because Wall has some recovery frames window to let the opponent to punish you.

If you combine the two above tools, there was a tech. If by chance someone tried to pass through the Ice Trap via air dash (Raiden, Starfire, etc), you could Wall them and force them to drop onto the Ice Trap. It was a punishing tech for as long as the Ice Trap was active.

Almost all the strings are high. No OH, no low. Some of them are mid. This one is risky to do blockstring pressure, because now they know how to deal against him.

To sum it up, NRS just enlargened his weaknesses window.

He's low tier so he really struggles against top tiers unless your Sonicfox in which case you can use random select and beat damn near everyone. I actually think d1 puddle would be too strong.

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
For me the craziest stuff I've seen fox get away with is doing f23 puddle FIFTY TIMES and every single time they let go of block mid string.

Tried it online, got 0-50 ed.

Pr() players man...

Also, d1 puddle too strong? If puddle was +15 on block then perhaps, but at -20 or smth it's just another combo starter, you know, like THE ENTIRE CAST HAS

Cursa

Counterpoke with armoured DB2 at all times.
Also, d1 puddle too strong? If puddle was +15 on block then perhaps, but at -20 or smth it's just another combo starter, you know, like THE ENTIRE CAST HAS
You take that back

Give me back my lv2 trait and my 5 seconds mb puddle You NRS ()%%&$%·$("%·%=$!. What in the actual fuck were They thinking?. I was in the process to develop an anti air ice dome combo... Then... They suddenly fucked Captain Cold all over.:mad: Oh Yeah Flash can have a full screen time freeze (unavoidable) without the need of charging trait:mad:. Firestorm auto charges his trait and of the top of that He can now charge it like Cold:mad:. With He being better than Cold in every way since day one. But nooo!. Nerf Cold. That would do to these pesky people going in the lab every day.:mad:

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Last edited:
For me the craziest stuff I've seen fox get away with is doing f23 puddle FIFTY TIMES and every single time they let go of block mid string.

Pr() players man...

I think Cold needs buffs. I just don't think he needs that. He can still do a lot of work with his set ups

Black Manta does not have a full combo starter off d1, neither does Grodd, neither does Deadshot, neither does Braniac, neither does Darkside, neither does Bane, neither does Dr Fate, neither does Redhood, neither does Enchantress.

I'm not too sure about Hellboy either but I don't play him often. I think Hellboy can just cancel into charge. I know Swamp Thing has a tick grab but I don't think he can combo into that tree root thing off d1 right?

I dunno, every character has something off d1 but it's definitely a stretch to say every character has one. Add Joker as an honorable mention for only being able to cancel into a high projectile combo starter. 9 times out of 10 it's gonna be cancelled into crazy spin unless you're doing disrespectful stuff, also it whiffs against some smaller hitboxes.

That doesn't include the characters that have gaps so you don't have to respect the combo cancel when counter poking.

Last edited:

Cursa

Counterpoke with armoured DB2 at all times.
He should've had buff/nerfs. He had like some legit 7-3's but he also got 3-7'd himself sometimes. Kind of poor balancing imo.

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!

Pr() players man...

In all fairness, not all the cast have an overhead icicle that can be used for HTBs though

Admiral_Agony

Weapon Design Engineer LMMFC
Give me back my lv2 trait and my 5 seconds mb puddle You NRS ()%%&$%·$("%·%=$!. What in the actual fuck were They thinking?. I was in the process to develop an anti air ice dome combo... Then... They suddenly fucked Captain Cold all over.:mad: Oh Yeah Flash can have a full screen time freeze (unavoidable) without the need of charging trait:mad:. Firestorm auto charges his trait and of the top of that He can now charge it like Cold:mad:. With He being better than Cold in every way since day one. But nooo!. Nerf Cold. That would do to these pesky people going in the lab every day.:mad:

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
Liked for the AVGN video compilation.

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
The slowest... more tech-able overhead in the game is a threat... OK then.:DOGE
Tech roll beats 99% of death cycle attempts... good try tho.
Well if you suck and you're trying to throw out a billion frame OH in the neutral then that's on you. Doesn't mean there's not HTB setups in the corner.

Inb4 "delayed WU bruh", then adjust your timing to their delayed WU. Obviously Cold needs buffs but I don't think improving any HTB setups he has is a good idea