What's new

Is Blu Ray Worth It?

aj1701

Noob
This is the problem today. Between people living online and people not even willing to pay for Netflix and such, the home entertainment market is boned.
I wasn't advocating stealing content, I pay for all of mine. I buy bluray instead of using Netflix because the quality is better.

*fixed it
You're not entitled to free entertainment. Pay or go without. There isn't any justification for pirating content.

CYracks

Command Grabber
I wasn't advocating stealing content, I pay for all of mine. I buy bluray instead of using Netflix because the quality is better.

You're not entitled to free entertainment. Pay or go without. There isn't any justification for pirating content.
lol entitlement? You're so serious over nothing. I'm not paying for something that I can get so easily for nothing. If you have a problem with it then write your congressmen not me (SOPA was a complete failure so good luck). It's not pirating because no exchanging of money is involved. Get used to "piracy", because it's here to stay.

Flagg

Noob
First BluRay experience was Inception and recently, Prometheus.

Yes, if you have a HDTV (who doesnt these days), then its definitely worth it.

aj1701

Noob
lol entitlement? You're so serious over nothing. I'm not paying for something that I can get so easily for nothing. If you have a problem with it then write your congressmen not me (SOPA was a complete failure so good luck). It's not pirating because no exchanging of money is involved. Get used to "piracy", because it's here to stay.
Movies cost millions to make and involve hundreds of people. They're doing it expecting that you pay to watch it, and asshats like you are the reason we have copy protection in all digital media. So no, it's not nothing. And the law defines pirating as unauthorized copying even if no money was involved, so ya you are. It's even called pirate bay.

You're basically saying get used to stealing because people will always steal. Good luck with that.

How about you get off your ass and work for the things you want like most people?

EdFig81

Original OBS mbr/VSM/G4S
Is worth it but check reviews for some of the older movies that are now on bluray. I recommend buying 300 and if you have a dolby system I Definitely recommendthis movie it justified my purchase of a blu Ray player.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

aj1701

Noob
Is worth it but check reviews for some of the older movies that are now on bluray. I recommend buying 300 and if you have a dolby system I Definitely recommendthis movie it justified my purchase of a blu Ray player.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
Also research the set you're going to buy, a lot of junk hd tv's out there. And I highly recommend even a basic 5.1 system, decent surround sound has a big impact.

Tim Static

Adminerator
lmao Cossner

Don't waste your money on expensive ass bluray.

Don't link to lame ass pirating sites. Thanks. -TYM Staff
Don't post links to illegal sites again. thanks.

BlackBryan

B*tch Distributor
No, people say bluray is amazing on an HDTV, but dvd is the same. I've never seen a bluray that was noticeably different than dvd. it's just 5 times the price for maybe 1.05 times the quality
I don't understand how people can say this. Not attacking you personally, Toro, because I've heard it a million times before. Dvd to blu ray us like a vhs to dvd quality leap. If you can't tell the difference between the two, you need a new tv. Or you're doing it wrong. One or the other.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Rokinlobster

Nightwolf of the galaxy
Watch 300 on DvD then Blu Ray and get back to me about quality difference. Not to mention, blu ray is usually much more filled with special features which is a major part of buying a movie over streaming or renting it.

Flagg

Noob
CYracks, how you watch your movies/play your games is entirely up to you and I wont judge you. I don't even know you.

BUT talking about pirated stuff, wares, that can be enough to get sites shut down.

EDIT: In his defence, before anyone get's on your high horse, all of you tell me you have never once watched a movie for free online. YouTube has TONS of movies. I watched The Village recently on YouTube. Never seen it before. Does that make me a bad guy?

CYracks

Command Grabber
Yeah... I had no idea people got so offended over torrents. It's pretty much the norm where I'm from. Can't have TYM shut down that's not cool :(