What's new

Discussion Is all the bashing killing MKX competitively?

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
You guys, that "support" that NRS is giving the tournament scene is your own damn money! They're not supporting shit! Lol I mean really I can't believe how badly some of you are falling for these marketing gimmicks.

Mykal NS

Demolition Sonya Main / Downplayer
Alien just makes the game boring to watch. But here's the problem, you have unreactable mixups that are safe. We had plus armored launchers, insane plus advantage, ridiculous setplay and other things that remove some of the "read and react" aspects of a FG. Even when winning its still not fun, because I don't feel like I outplayed my opponent unless I'm using Lao, Kitana, or Kenshi. I just made you guess wrong. Mkx is a huge gambling simulator at the moment. And the thing is, the complaints aren't just coming from stream monsters, they are coming from Top players who attend tournaments and show results and they band together and discuss the balance on skype and other places and let the community know how they feel about the obnoxious aspects of mkx. The game may not be dying, especially with all the money involved, but I can promise the competitive strive of a lot of players is starting to die. Making you guess wrong doesn't make me the better player and anyone who thinks that way is either delusional, or blinded by their wins. Just an opinion though, I'm just gonna accept it for what it is and counter pick everyone in their worst MUs, and play Mileena as well. No point in character loyalty or having a "main."
@Tweedy

Tweedy

Noob
Alien just makes the game boring to watch. But here's the problem, you have unreactable mixups that are safe. We had plus armored launchers, insane plus advantage, ridiculous setplay and other things that remove some of the "read and react" aspects of a FG. Even when winning its still not fun, because I don't feel like I outplayed my opponent unless I'm using Lao, Kitana, or Kenshi. I just made you guess wrong. Mkx is a huge gambling simulator at the moment. And the thing is, the complaints aren't just coming from stream monsters, they are coming from Top players who attend tournaments and show results and they band together and discuss the balance on skype and other places and let the community know how they feel about the obnoxious aspects of mkx. The game may not be dying, especially with all the money involved, but I can promise the competitive strive of a lot of players is starting to die. Making you guess wrong doesn't make me the better player and anyone who thinks that way is either delusional, or blinded by their wins. Just an opinion though, I'm just gonna accept it for what it is and counter pick everyone in their worst MUs, and play Mileena as well. No point in character loyalty or having a "main."
@Tweedy
Alien is not safe, though. He's one of the most unsafe characters in the game. Only his 7% overhead flip is safe. Check his frame data.

Doctor Rektangle

Think outside the Box
I get bodied all the time in this game, but its Mortal Kombat. When has there been a SINGLE Mortal Kombat from Arcade, to Midway's console run, to MK9, to MKXL that has ever been "Fair" or "Well balanced"? I thought this was kind of the belly of the beast of Mortal Kombat series. These issues aren't "New". The last patch for MKXL left some characters with nothing new, spayed & neutered others, while allowing other's to have their cake & eat it too. Problem is in a game with 100 characters (Each Variation Different Character) you're talking about a game with almost 5000 Individually different Matchup Combinations. The slightest change to any character can alleviate for example a problem in the Quan Chi MU, then completely allow you to 9-1 Unbreakable Sub Zero or Slasher Jason. With this many characters its relatively inevitable that "perfect" balance is impossible.

As far as the characters go, I don't think there's a single character in the game (As A Whole) who looks at MKXL and goes "Nope, I've got nothing, totally not viable at all and can never compete in any regard". While some variations seem useless for most of the game's life span do exist, they might just be utility for some MUs. Complaining won't get you anywhere but bodied.

The only balance thing I ever questioned is NRS' Robin Hood Philosophy patching. (Take from the Rich)

Oh, Character A is so damn plus and has a Lowverhead (HTB)? Let's patch that out. Character B has a hard time in the neutral? Let's give character B a Lowverhead HTB and let' make it +! All done! Nerf Tremors Up Rock, but Sektor's Up Rocket is GOOD TO GO! It'd be one thing if Tremor had god like buttons and Sektor didn't but that's... not the case at all. Seems like a lot of balances are stabs in the dark and throwing stuff at low tier characters and stripping from the top & spray & praying the nerfs/buffs at random rather than give the characters what they "Need". Sometimes it works, sometimes it breaks the game.

KingHippo

Alternative-Fact Checker
This isn't killing the game, but misinformation is getting really bad lately. There are a lot of people saying mkxl will never be patched again despite no evidence of that statement existing, which in turn riles ppl up. Big vicious circle

Matix218

Get over here!
This isn't killing the game, but misinformation is getting really bad lately. There are a lot of people saying mkxl will never be patched again despite no evidence of that statement existing, which in turn riles ppl up. Big vicious circle
Well on the post XL patch kombat cast paulo did say that this would be the last major patch with the exception of a small patch to address issues with kp2 characters (which of course we already got) so that is where most of that is probably coming from. Of course he didn't say it was for sure or anything but I think that is probably why people think the patching is done.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
You guys, that "support" that NRS is giving the tournament scene is your own damn money! They're not supporting shit! Lol I mean really I can't believe how badly some of you are falling for these marketing gimmicks.
Yeah, not like they could have just kept it for themselves :DOGE

But technically by that standard, your money is just your boss' money from work, which just is some client's money that they paid to your job, so I guess it's all good :D

Good grief Billstickers

Mykal NS

Demolition Sonya Main / Downplayer
Alien is not safe, though. He's one of the most unsafe characters in the game. Only his 7% overhead flip is safe. Check his frame data.
Alien was an example of boring. But he's not the safe mixups I was talking about. There's tons of characters with and plus on block mixups that are unreactable. You see the alien "hate" as the only reason for the game bashing. The game got hate pre alien, and unless the things people don't like et changed, it'll get hate post alien nerfs, if those even happen.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Why is Billstickers allowed to post here when he never contributes anything of value
The sad thing is, he's literally always been like this. Even in MK9, a game he won't stop blowing, he basically did nothing but act like a shithead.

Matix218

Get over here!
You would think the numbers would be higher since it's a 10K pot bonus. I wonder what are the other games pot bonuses.
I'm sure the tournament will break 100. It was just showing pre register numbers so it won't factor in walk up registration the day of the event

SM StarGazer

The voice of reason in a Sea of Salt
Ummm

"Imma little teapot, derailing threads. Here is your salt and here are your tears. Ya'll stayin salty thats ok, pick Mournful Kitana and zone Alien all day."

Your welcome...mongrels.