What's new

Is “Dark Raiden” not so dark after all?

Cassie Cyrus

Have you ever seen the Rain?
I don't care, I hope Raiden is goodguy, because I'm on the side of the cool villians! Raiden, Sub-Zero and Scorpion can join the Special Forces for all I care. More reasons to support the bad-guys for me, who have a very cool team this time around, would be even better with Mileena, Ermac, Sektor, Reptile, Tanya, Havik, Rain and Shang Tsung though.

Ptehu

Prince of Edenia
Give me Sektor, Rain, Tanya and Mileena and my hype is somewhere around Alpha Centauri! Havik can be neutral in his own freaking way. Shang it's a must too. Imagine Kronika bringing all these badasses including Shao Kahn but not have ANY sorcerer? Unless that's Kollector's (what a silly name, hope it's not final) role in this game?

Cassie Cyrus

Give me Sektor, Rain, Tanya and Mileena and my hype is somewhere around Alpha Centauri! Havik can be neutral in his own freaking way. Shang it's a must too. Imagine Kronika bringing all these badasses including Shao Kahn but not have ANY sorcerer? Unless that's Kollector's (what a silly name, hope it's not final) role in this game?
I'm most hyped about this Kollector dude, but I fear his name means something like Hello-people-I'm-the-new-Soul-stealing-sorcerer-in-this-game-and-i'm-here-to-replace-shang!

I really hope the Kollector collects anything other than souls, maybe body parts, which he melts with his own flesh, maybe that's why people thought he was half cyborg, because in some variations he replaced his own flesh with cybernetic parts.

That would be my dream, a flesh-mancer, one that toys with the flesh of others and with his own flesh. Or a collector of ancient artifacts which he uses in his body or in his abilities.

Anything better than just another soul-stealer to replace a very good character that doesn't need to be replaced.
But seeing the Kollector stand behind shao kahn makes me fear he's a replacer of Quan chi and Shang Tsung.

I really love new species in MK series, I loved D'vorah, Kotal and Ferra for this reason (though I didn't like Torr & Ferra were one being, I'd rather seen Ferra be a cool species, which got Torr from Kotal to be her toy/mount)
I hope this kollector dude is also a cool new species to the list, I am kind of bummed to see Cetrion is just an Elder God... and not some cool plant Dryad type creature.

Last edited:

Ptehu

Prince of Edenia
But is it confirmed that Cetrion is elder god? we have only seen a glimpse in the story trailer. I wouldn't be so sure that one of the lazy ass-elder gods that did almost nothing in the whole history is now be a playable kharacter. It just doesn't fit. She has to be some new species, I think NRS is still hiding something mindblowing from us.

Cassie Cyrus

Well Cetrion did sit in the throne of an Elder God in the trailer talking to Raiden.

I hope you are right, but I fear she's just another fallen Elder God who helps raiden and as punishment is dethroned like Shinnok was.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I think that the power will slowly corrupt him and then he'll be the one they had to fight in the end, kind of like a Dark Phoenix storyline.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Wouldn't say the Elder Gods are lazy, they have stepped in when necessary and they did beat and keep the One Being at bay with creating the realms and the kamidogus. They just don't want to be bothered 99% of the time, and watch things unfold naturally. Cetrion isn't 100% confirmed to be an Elder God, it looks like she may be but NRS hasn't confirmed that yet. Once they do, then I'll believe it. But she can still aid Raiden and join the fight directly by relinquishing her status like Raiden did in MK 4 since the EG's have to be unbiased. Or perhaps she tells Raiden too much and the others are pissed about it and demote her like Shinnok. We'll see what the deal is with Cetrion.

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
Timelines.
You can see multiple versions of the same character fight alongside or against alternate themselves in the trailer. That Raiden there is a good Raiden.
No... that Raiden is the dark Raiden with the amulet. The “good” Raiden was also in the trailer and had his classic blue outfit on.

Burn2019

Noob
OG timeline Raiden, by the time of Armageddon, went evil / suffered lazy writing in his efforts to stop attacks on Earthrealm.

This Raiden we simply haven’t seen enough of to judge yet.