What's new

Invastion Mode : Season 2 Chat

Art Lean

Noob
yeah.. so what you going to do for the other 4 years of the games life lol.... grinding is such a crazy thing to do.. I just don't get it.
I'll be able to relax haha :laughing:

There's so much less to unlock in this game and I only play single player since online makes my blood boil, so I want to get all the in-game dragon crystals available to me to stop me getting FOMO over premium store unlockables, as I'm appalled by the pricing in there. If I've got all the game's crystals (which isn't many, there's only something like 4600 across all of character mastery, and given that skins or announcers are 1000+ each, you've used all your real-money currency very quickly), it personally makes me feel I can use my head with purchases better and resist spending any real money as the more desirable and exclusive things are released to the Premium Store (such as classic skins), which I don't want to financially support with real money at those prices. I've already wasted well over 2k on the Shang announcer which I didn't realise would be so smarmy, classic Nitara that I quickly regretted because I hate Megan's voice acting so much I never play as her, and Dark Sindel who I didn't know could be found in the Shrine back in the first season. So I'm trying to be really tight with what I've got left.

MK11 got me through a very bad time in my life between 2019-2021 and what kept me going was making an array of my perfect fighters just as I wanted them. Working towards basing variants on old games, MK Conquest, Defenders of the Realm, the movies, the comics etc. or just having my own personally satisfying little wardrobes for them, was a wonderful distraction from my daily issues. I honestly would have been satisfied with a game called Super Mortal Kombat Costume Creator 2019 with no fighting and I could just spend my days with a digital sewing machine creating extended universe lore-based new/old costumes for everyone and posting them on the Kombat Fashion reddit. Sad, I know, but it's what kept me going during those dark times by giving me a pointless little hobby in the game to work towards.

I also didn't like most of MK11's default designs and by the end there was barely a single character that I even had their default skin design as one of their variants at all (and I even had a silly rule in my head that no character could reuse the same gear piece across different variants). By the end of the game's life I'd unlocked literally thousands of gear pieces and had every character with at least 3 (mostly 5) different costumes that felt distinctly "mine" and was very proud of the end result, which totaled to around 165 visually distinct variants of characters I'd created.

With MK1, there's only one gear piece for everyone, I can only have one variant for everyone, only 10 of whom can have their headgear changed (even though a further 5 are renowned for having distinctive headgear), most gear pieces are for useless things like small weapons, Kameos have no gear and only two even have alt skins at present, and most of the alt skins are far worse than the defaults (Reptile, Reiko's loafers, Geras, Tanya, Shao and Shang especially, along with most of the kameos' palettes), so I'm left with very little to want to unlock from the game's current rewards.

Indeed many of the characters I actually rather enjoy the default Shaw Bros kung fu looks for (unless something classic or really special is going to be released for them), so I'm already finding myself lacking that need to make my perfect versions this time around. For example, as soon as I got Kenshi in the teal Yakuza suit within the first week of the games release, knowing all I can change is his barely-visible sword, and I can only have one version of him to play as at any given time, he was already "complete" for me that quickly. By comparison, in MK11 it took me 4 months of daily play just to finally get Kabal's classic mask due to the sheer wealth of unlockables, and even then I had to match that with the right skin I wanted and the perfect hook swords, by which point I might as well be picky with the gas canister too. Maybe that's not a glowing compliment to MK11's RNG grind, but it certainly kept me going with all the rewards the game was teasing me with on the customisation screen that I was desperate to unlock. In MK1 I didn't even know what's already available on the disc since it never tells you what the rewards are, least of all what's coming in the future.

So with all the gameplay-improving brutalities and free "money" being tied to character mastery, I just wanted to get all of the mystery default unlockables out of the way and concentrate on just obtaining what will be new (and hopefully free). That way I can just relax, do other things with my time, play at a more chilled rate when the Invasions seasons roll round and work on just unlocking the seasonal items instead. Then I can use my dragon crystals more wisely in the store, without making any more knee-jerk mistakes like buying a Nitara announcer pack :)

Ptehu

Prince of Edenia
yo Art, try HeroForge ;) I've seen tons of beautiful recreations of MK characters there. Maybe that's what you can do when you already max everything in MK1 haha.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
There's so much less to unlock in this game
In its defence, it is only 2 months old. MK11 X and IJ2 all had people talking about the games having no unlocks or customisation... they all became some fo the most customise fighter in the FGC. Give them a chance to actually work through the release schedule. I'm absolutely sure that in a year or so the "skin" panel will be pages long, as each with tons of pallets.

I only play single player since online makes my blood boil, so I want to get all the in-game dragon crystals available
Yeah, I think some DK from single player mode should be added. At least some in every invasion, and I would like to see some earned in KL as well. It does not have to be a massive amount, but some. A lot of people think you earn them in KL, but as far as I can tell the ones you see on streams earned this way are from Profile and Mastery levels. I do not think you earn random DKs in KL, but you should.

The cool thing about the online store is that, as we have seen, is that the items get multiple posting. We have also seen sales. So like steam you can wait for a sale if you like and more importantly if you do not have enough for a purchase you can just wait for it to come back and buy it next time. For example, I got the Sindel Skin pack for 60DK.

I've already wasted well over 2k on the Shang announcer which I didn't realise would be so smarmy, classic Nitara that I quickly regretted because I hate Megan's voice acting so much I never play as her, and Dark Sindel who I didn't know could be found in the Shrine back in the first season. So I'm trying to be really tight with what I've got left.
Yeah I got the sindel on on PC, but on PS5 I got some of it via shrine and bought the rest for 60DK on sale a few days ago. I also completely agree with Nitara. I actually like her gameplay, but her voice makes it unplayable. Also, I personally have no interets in announcers. I actually think the classic sound-alike to the original is the best it could ever be. Maybe I would be more inclined to buy into it if there was a way to preview the sounds... like click on it and be able to play lines, in the same way you can see the individual pallet colours for the skins,.

MK11 got me through a very bad time in my life between 2019-2021 and what kept me going was making an array of my perfect fighters just as I wanted them. Working towards basing variants on old games, MK Conquest, Defenders of the Realm, the movies, the comics etc. or just having my own personally satisfying little wardrobes for them, was a wonderful distraction from my daily issues. I honestly would have been satisfied with a game called Super Mortal Kombat Costume Creator 2019 with no fighting and I could just spend my days with a digital sewing machine creating extended universe lore-based new/old costumes for everyone and posting them on the Kombat Fashion reddit. Sad, I know, but it's what kept me going during those dark times by giving me a pointless little hobby in the game to work towards.
yeah I get it. I was super into the creator in Soulcalibur and spent more time in Secret World collecting outfits than anything else lol. I do think that as the game goes on it will get more and more skins.. but NRS's problem has always been that it listens to its fans so much. Despite IJ2 and MK11 being awesome with customisation, people did NOTHING but complain about it and how they wanted "designed outfits". So thay is what they have done. LIke most things the majority of fans and the youtuber losers that just side with what ever is the trend to keep their likes up got it completely wrong. Many have started to even ask for it all to go back to the swappable stuff that was the very thing they used to bitch about. rofl

I also didn't like most of MK11's default designs and by the end there was barely a single character that I even had their default skin design as one of their variants at all (and I even had a silly rule in my head that no character could reuse the same gear piece across different variants). By the end of the game's life I'd unlocked literally thousands of gear pieces and had every character with at least 3 (mostly 5) different costumes that felt distinctly "mine" and was very proud of the end result, which totaled to around 165 visually distinct variants of characters I'd created.
Exactly at the start there was not a lot of options, but the end there was a bazillion. Same will happen in MK1, but it is more "designed skin" that swappable parts. Still with all the pallets and coming skins I am sure in a while it will be crazy diverse. I just hope they add some kooky and imaginative ones. NRS seems a little stuck on "thematic" gear.

With MK1, there's only one gear piece for everyone, I can only have one variant for everyone
Yeah, as they are literally doing what the fan based begged them. I mean just look at this site to see the posts. People went on and on and on about how the gear system should be "designed skins" so that is what they did. Like always they bend over backwards to try and do what they are asked. I think it is bad for the games. Even so. It has been like 2 months.. give them some time to release all the skins, and the bazillion of pallets. I think customisation wil be nice are varied soon. At the moment we have like 2 and sometimes 4 skins total on a char, this will be much MUCH higher latter on, and not just paid. It is that age old thing, if most poeple do not like the skin system they need to look in the mirror as it is exactly what everyone asked for.

acowsik

MK fan from India
Next season people will have to find a new way to earn XP... am sure this method also will get patched. With the method being broadcast on a loudspeaker all over the internet, NRS will pounce on such things.

Art Lean

Noob
Next season people will have to find a new way to earn XP... am sure this method also will get patched. With the method being broadcast on a loudspeaker all over the internet, NRS will pounce on such things.
Absolutely why I've just smashed it out with everyone haha. Get all the boring unlockables out of the way so I can concentrate just on new things when they're released. Got the whole cast at 35 now (even Omni-Man in the anticipation his non-existent rewards from 21-35 might get patched in), and all kameos at 15.

Other than the KL skins and some exclusive stuff in the Premium Store I didn't want, that's now everything unlocked since launch, and certainly everything available from single player mode. Let me know when there's new free things to play with... aaaaaaand relax :cool:

Last edited:
In its defence, it is only 2 months old. MK11 X and IJ2 all had people talking about the games having no unlocks or customisation... they all became some fo the most customise fighter in the FGC. Give them a chance to actually work through the release schedule. I'm absolutely sure that in a year or so the "skin" panel will be pages long, as each with tons of pallets.

Yeah, I think some DK from single player mode should be added. At least some in every invasion, and I would like to see some earned in KL as well. It does not have to be a massive amount, but some. A lot of people think you earn them in KL, but as far as I can tell the ones you see on streams earned this way are from Profile and Mastery levels. I do not think you earn random DKs in KL, but you should.

The cool thing about the online store is that, as we have seen, is that the items get multiple posting. We have also seen sales. So like steam you can wait for a sale if you like and more importantly if you do not have enough for a purchase you can just wait for it to come back and buy it next time. For example, I got the Sindel Skin pack for 60DK.

Yeah I got the sindel on on PC, but on PS5 I got some of it via shrine and bought the rest for 60DK on sale a few days ago. I also completely agree with Nitara. I actually like her gameplay, but her voice makes it unplayable. Also, I personally have no interets in announcers. I actually think the classic sound-alike to the original is the best it could ever be. Maybe I would be more inclined to buy into it if there was a way to preview the sounds... like click on it and be able to play lines, in the same way you can see the individual pallet colours for the skins,.

yeah I get it. I was super into the creator in Soulcalibur and spent more time in Secret World collecting outfits than anything else lol. I do think that as the game goes on it will get more and more skins.. but NRS's problem has always been that it listens to its fans so much. Despite IJ2 and MK11 being awesome with customisation, people did NOTHING but complain about it and how they wanted "designed outfits". So thay is what they have done. LIke most things the majority of fans and the youtuber losers that just side with what ever is the trend to keep their likes up got it completely wrong. Many have started to even ask for it all to go back to the swappable stuff that was the very thing they used to bitch about. rofl

Exactly at the start there was not a lot of options, but the end there was a bazillion. Same will happen in MK1, but it is more "designed skin" that swappable parts. Still with all the pallets and coming skins I am sure in a while it will be crazy diverse. I just hope they add some kooky and imaginative ones. NRS seems a little stuck on "thematic" gear.

Yeah, as they are literally doing what the fan based begged them. I mean just look at this site to see the posts. People went on and on and on about how the gear system should be "designed skins" so that is what they did. Like always they bend over backwards to try and do what they are asked. I think it is bad for the games. Even so. It has been like 2 months.. give them some time to release all the skins, and the bazillion of pallets. I think customisation wil be nice are varied soon. At the moment we have like 2 and sometimes 4 skins total on a char, this will be much MUCH higher latter on, and not just paid. It is that age old thing, if most poeple do not like the skin system they need to look in the mirror as it is exactly what everyone asked for.

To this, would be cool if they added another 1-2 gear pieces per character though.

Again I think a cool solution to satiate everyone is to release another “krypt” type mode or a krypt mesa with a boat load of extra content. Since the code is in the game, you can do like a seasonal “krypt” mesa that goes with the theme of the season, throw in a bunch of cool lore stuff in the background like the mk11 krypt even if it’s specific to that season boss. Like season 1 could have had a Netherrealm themed krypt with a bunch of cool scorpion and nestberrealm easter eggs. Give it areas where you can play kombat chess or classic MK arcades. And make the unlockable items things likes new custom gear so that we can actually personalize our characters, new fatalities (animality, babality, whatever), new palettes and skins, etc. and if it’s seasonal you can keep repeating this cycle. Still charge money in the store for the real high end stuff if you want, but also make a good chunk of it free through this krypt. this will satisfy a LOT of the QOL issues people have with this game and it’s very do-able in my opinion

Afumba

Noob
yeah.. so what you going to do for the other 4 years of the games life lol.... grinding is such a crazy thing to do.. I just don't get it.
He can use his time to play games that have actual single player content.

It baffles me that there are real people that think this is good content and even worse that this is content that will keep people interested/invested for years.

I've built a talisman with it. I think it is a very diffrent effect. The Moonfall one is like a ton of arrows, this one is like gigantic rocks falling down.
I take your word for it as i dont have either of them anymore in order to recheck. Got rid of everything but War Horn. As i remember they both shoot round homing projectiles coming from the sky. But hey i might be misremembering.

NoCharge

Noob
So I added more than 10 projectiles and unblockable prijectile to war horn talisman, but the nr of projectiles is the same and the ai can still block them. Wth?

Just finished all the Mesa's to 100%, except for Wu Shi Academy (which I don't think it possible?) and the Gateway Towers, as I don't like those.

Now to chill until the next Season.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
Just finished all the Mesa's to 100%, except for Wu Shi Academy (which I don't think it possible?)
The fixed it in a patch... you can 100% it now. If you are all blue, try buying a chest key and see if it is now green. There is still some situations where it will show blue but you haven't done the node, which sucks. But yeah.. I have 100%, so it is possible now.

The fixed it in a patch... you can 100% it now. If you are all blue, try buying a chest key and see if it is now green. There is still some situations where it will show blue but you haven't done the node, which sucks. But yeah.. I have 100%, so it is possible now.
Yeah, I experienced the blue line even though there were nodes left in the regular Mesa's. Simply had to walk around and find things.

I'll give Wu Shi Academy a whirl now though, and see what happens.

The Shrine's existence makes even less sense when you consider they could have just put a section in the Store where you buy items with Koins. Instead of forcing me to sit there and watch the same cutscene over and over hoping I get what I want
The video game staple of "loot boxes" and gambling at work.