What's new

Tech Into the lab: Semi-useful tech

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
I used to do with mid jumpkick stuff with Scorpion and found an option select between the instant teleport jailing or connecting on block and hit respectively. It's a pretty nifty footsie to keep your opponent honest.

As long as MK9 keeps going strong until MK10, I think EX IADK coupled with EX low hat will become a vital part of KL's mobility game in time. He's already becoming less EX teleport and X-ray dependent.

i need to know tho, what is the advantage/ disadvatage of a normal jk on block?
If it's just a regular jumpkick then it's -1.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
I used to do with mid jumpkick stuff with Scorpion and found an option select between the instant teleport jailing or connecting on block and hit respectively. It's a pretty nifty footsie to keep your opponent honest.

As long as MK9 keeps going strong until MK10, I think EX IADK coupled with EX low hat will become a vital part of KL's mobility game in time. He's already becoming less EX teleport and X-ray dependent.

If it's just a regular jumpkick then it's -1.
i thought it was -5, so techincally, i could act like im gonna go for birdlao, but then just do 21 right after the jk? i mean, if its only -1.

also, explain that scorpion thing again.

Wildabeast

The Bat in the Hat
You can use Shin Kick ~ Ex dive kick if you go for a crossup as well. And you can delay the dive kick so never mind about having to commit to it.

Axel_Redd

You can use Shin Kick ~ Ex dive kick if you go for a crossup as well. And you can delay the dive kick so never mind about having to commit to it.
doing it with a crossup is tricky tho right? and what do u mean delay the divekick? do u mean in a sort of hitconfirm way?

Wildabeast

The Bat in the Hat
doing it with a crossup is tricky tho right? and what do u mean delay the divekick? do u mean in a sort of hitconfirm way?
In practice mode anyway, of course everything is hit confirmable in practice mode. Im saying you don't have to dial the whole thing immediately like you would if you were doing say Bird Lao.

And yes it's tricky, but I suppose you could always option select it so that if you get the shin kick Ex Dive Kick come out but if you get a deep jump kick you'll do a D4 instead.

STRYKIE

i thought it was -5, so techincally, i could act like im gonna go for birdlao, but then just do 21 right after the jk? i mean, if its only -1.

also, explain that scorpion thing again.
I could be wrong. But even -5 wouldn't be a big deal for KL's normals. Check Somberness's universal frame data thread, there's a link for it in every character's frame data.

If Scorpion does a jumpkick at mid height, he can cancel into an instant teleport which can't be blocked and leaves him at around +5, but for some reason it still connects if the jumpkick hits and you can follow up with 111~spear.

Axel_Redd

wait what? u mean a mid height jump kick on block right? and how is it instant teleport if ur doing it from a kick? its not really instant. And what do u mean by it can't be blocked? what exactly all happens? a vid would be real helpful x.x.

STRYKIE

wait what? u mean a mid height jump kick on block right? and how is it instant teleport if ur doing it from a kick? its not really instant. And what do u mean by it can't be blocked? what exactly all happens? a vid would be real helpful x.x.
Because Scorpion's teleport is variable from the height you do it, not how fast you press the inputs. Basically it's just a safe option select.

I can't record footage either unfortunately. The best I can suggest is to try it for yourself and see if you can get it down. Do the same thing Wildebeast is doing here with Kung Lao, except use teleport instead of EX divekick.

Axel_Redd

i've known for a whlie that u could get in from a distance with EX DK, its usually worth the meter if u do it at the right time.

Wildabeast

The Bat in the Hat
Wildabeast the exdk stuff has been known for a little while, but personally i think it is a waste of meter. though it might work, idk, gimmicks, lol.
Its been known that if you get it low enough it's advantage on block but I don't think anyone's had a consistent way to get it. But yeah it's nothing huge, just another risky trick in Kung Lao's already big bag of risky tricks.

Axel_Redd

i dunno, i've used ex divekick from a distance to get in, and i can usually get it. Its won me games.

Its been known that if you get it low enough it's advantage on block but I don't think anyone's had a consistent way to get it. But yeah it's nothing huge, just another risky trick in Kung Lao's already big bag of risky tricks.
lol yeah, he needs gimmicks though since he cant do anything if the opponent isnt doing something.