What's new

Interesting info about EX-net (2% DAMAGE!!! WOO!)

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
Hi, Cyraxians!

So I was messing around in practice mode and found something interesting about the EX-Net.

I've already known that the EX-net does 1% damage, whether your opponent is captured by it or blocks it. (Good way to end Round 1 against meter-friendly opponents who have no visible health left in their health bar.)

However, I discovered that if the EX-net hits them and you don't follow up with a combo, it does another 1% damage when the EX-net vanishes.

PRO - Now let's say you manage to capture your opponent when they have 1 pixel of visible health bar (like when the "DANGER PING" would sound off in previous MK games), that 1 pixel of visible health bar would disappear and your opponent will still be alive. This will give you a few seconds to reposition yourself for Round 2 or do a few teleports or AA jumps to gain some meter. It will also drain your opponent's meter for the EX-net's full duration. Then, when the EX-net disappears, it does that other 1% damage and your opponent is dead.

CON - NOT RELIABLE. I would say this is more of an "incidental" tech - just keep it in the back of your head. This only works if your opponent does NOT block and has 1 pixel of visible health bar left. Again, if they are not blocking and you capture them, do a few teleports or AA grabs to gain some meter.

I find it strange that the game does not consider this a 2-hit combo. I think this possibly requires more lab testing. As far as I know, this is the only sequential damage that is not a combo.

YELLOW POWER!

TONY-T

Mad scientist
nice find scars!

im not sure if people are aware of this, but from my limited testing, if you throw out a naked EXnet from a distance and it lands on your opponent and you try and dash up for a combo, your opponent can block any hit you try and throw at him. Yes, while he is still in a net!

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
They can block while being already caught in an EX-net? wtf?

Can you possibly get some footage of that?

I'm also wondering if the second 1% damage can be linked directly into another combo or if it can be used possibly as a new reset, since the 2% EX-net damage doesn't really count as a combo in itself. I gotta go to bed and I'm really busy the next 2 days, so maybe I'll try some testing over the weekend.

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
nice find scars!

im not sure if people are aware of this, but from my limited testing, if you throw out a naked EXnet from a distance and it lands on your opponent and you try and dash up for a combo, your opponent can block any hit you try and throw at him. Yes, while he is still in a net!
Wait...what?

Rokinlobster

Nightwolf of the galaxy

So right after I started the upload, I thought well what about a cross over anti air? They can block after that as well. Then I thought what about mid screen net and wiffing an ex ragdoll, they block that as well. Mobility specials+Enhanced net are bad.

Edit: here is a vid showing anti air and wiffed exragdoll.
Editx2: Dashing in does not seem to let them block.

Kosu

Noob

So right after I started the upload, I thought well what about a cross over anti air? They can block after that as well. Then I thought what about mid screen net and wiffing an ex ragdoll, they block that as well. Mobility specials+Enhanced net are bad.

If U go for damage this is not good idea, but for meter building its good.

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele

That's fucked up.

Rokinlobster

Nightwolf of the galaxy
If U go for damage this is not good idea, but for meter building its good.

This is terrible even for meter building... At most you are spending a bar to do two specials and get three hits on block. Just don't teleport or anti air after an EX net ever.

ShadowBeatz

Dropper of Bass and Bombs
I use EX-Net all the time, and I've NEVER noticed this XD Both the extra 1% or the blocking thing. Good find!

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
i've known about this extra 1% for a while, and that blocking after the ex net is probably a glitch exclusive to training mode. Because i've seen people connect combo's all the time on an ex net.

so then if they did block how does it happen? do you have to be fullscreen for this to happen?. If it is for real then how does it happen! EXPLAIN!!!

Rokinlobster

Nightwolf of the galaxy
i've known about this extra 1% for a while, and that blocking after the ex net is probably a glitch exclusive to training mode. Because i've seen people connect combo's all the time on an ex net.

so then if they did block how does it happen? do you have to be fullscreen for this to happen?. If it is for real then how does it happen! EXPLAIN!!!
From what I have tested if Cyrax anti air jumps, teleports, or wiffs a ragdoll kick the opponent will be able to block.

HGTV DrFlash44

Quan Cheese!!!

are you sure it's not just a training mode glitch?

Seapeople

This one's for you
That's pretty dumb. I'll have to be really careful about that because it's like second nature to whiff an AA throw after a net.
Does this also apply to ex net on an airborne opponent?

ecilA

Noob
Its amazing how we are breaking down every fine detail in this game. You lean something new every day in MK9 and thats a sure sign of depth.