What's new

General/Other - Quan Chi Insuperable's Quan Chi Thread

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
Awesome. So glad dirt is being found for Warlock bc I don't want to play the next MK9 Freddy with the zoning and all I've been hearing is Summoner this and Summoner that. Really appreciate the tech, Soup!

Insuperable

My mom tells me I'm pretty
General impressions of variations:

#1: Summoner (Best)
-Creates safe options for meterless pressure with his bat
-Highest damage on hit combo with bat
-Bat is guaranteed during trance or full screen knockdown (f2122 4~bat), so it is relatively safe to gain his strongest part of the variation
-Incredibly strong 50/50 game
-Universal +15 reset off of d3 can be setup after the bat is out (ex: b324 njp run b12 trance bat walk up d3)
-Best zoning of all variations

#2: Sorcerer
-Rune trap
-Armored circle is a blessing for Quan
-All circles can be setup during trance into d3 reset
-Very situational

#3: Warlock (Worst)
-Only vortex of all variations
-Side portal kick is good for full screen zoners, or while Quan is zoning, and pushes closer to Quan

I'll mostly be playing Warlock to explore it more.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
I´m playing warlock some, and while I like it, I´m all about Sorcerer. I adore the armor spell. Up to 6 hits of armor is just insane. I do expect him to get nerfed. The rune trap might go, and I´m just not interested in the playstyle of Summoner though I know it´s great.

Aramonde

Noob
General impressions of variations:

#3: Warlock (Worst)
-Only vortex of all variations
-Side portal kick is good for full screen zoners, or while Quan is zoning, and pushes closer to Quan

I'll mostly be playing Warlock to explore it more.
You forgot to put swag as fuck looking kombos :D

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
Awesome. So glad dirt is being found for Warlock bc I don't want to play the next MK9 Freddy with the zoning and all I've been hearing is Summoner this and Summoner that. Really appreciate the tech, Soup!
You don't have to zone if you're playing summoner, it sets up ridiculous mixups and pressure options on top of making any unsafe mixup safe. It's like having an assist from Marvel in your game to cover your mixups, make them harder to block, give you a free run into pressure and give you two mixups in a row. It just also excels at zoning because of it's full screen push on hit and it's amazing speed, + frames and recovery. You do both in Summoner but if you're really that adamantly against it then you can be an entirely rush down summoner if you want.