What's new

Instant Projectile help

yugimonz said:
Hey Dookie have you made any progress yet? I just did it with Kitana for the first time ever. However I can't seem to do it that well on p2 side.
you my friend are ahead of me because i cant fucking do it yet,lol. i know ill get it eventually. there is hope, i was able to do it, but not so instant,lol. i need to work on it more. its hard for me.

Don't worry dude, you'll get it you're too kickass of a player to not get it. Man it took me like from the day Konqrr posted the vid till like 3 something this morning, in between work and house duties, to finally do it.

Well I used to use my thumbs when I started playing Midway Arcade Treasures 2 but I would pick Mileena alot and I found it was easier for me to play with my fingers so I could keep the HP button charged. So I just started playing that way and now I'm used to it.

Ok, I'm no longer having trouble performing this on p2 side. Lol I was playing some guy last night on psn and did this he thought I was going to jump because kitana kinda jumps a little forward sometimes then does the fan and he tried to uppercut, thought it was funny.

yugimonz said:
Ok, I'm no longer having trouble performing this on p2 side. Lol I was playing some guy last night on psn and did this he thought I was going to jump because kitana kinda jumps a little forward sometimes then does the fan and he tried to uppercut, thought it was funny.
very nice, hard work pays off!! you are the 3rd, ill take 4th....lol. ill be working on this tonight for a bit, i need to get this fucking crap,lol. film it and post on here so you get credit for learning it. its rather difficult if you ask me!!! as soon as i land it im putting the motherfucker on film,lol.

Gonna film it tonight. It's very strange, like Konqrr said it's weird to get used. Man is it difficult learning this technique, I'm kinda worried about trying this on a stick when I get one, lol.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
dookiebrain said:
very nice, hard work pays off!! you are the 3rd, ill take 4th....lol. ill be working on this tonight for a bit, i need to get this fucking crap,lol. film it and post on here so you get credit for learning it. its rather difficult if you ask me!!! as soon as i land it im putting the motherfucker on film,lol.
You fuck crap? I don't know if I want to see that... :p

i guess you can stick me in the category with using thumb on a pad..:( personally after trying it with pad and stick i find it much harder to do on stick. the arcade stick is more precise than a pad. holding up and buffer f,f lp,hp i am better off of jumping and doing it. I can't get the fans to come out low enough im way too high in the air before they come out.

also i never thought about holding the pad the way konqrr does..he makes a valid point but, i guess im too comfortable using my thumbs or stick...THUMB PLAYERS FTW!! lol

yugimonz said:
hey seriouz, does mame work on linux(ubuntu0? I'm thinking about changing from xp to linux when I get my new pc.
yeah it works great! its another program called xmame which is basically mame. for shits and gigs i partitioned my hard drive on the PS3 w/linux so i also have xMAME running on that as well...if your looking to get it for linux cool! but, there is not kaillera support yet linux doesn't support .dll files which i believe is the kaillera client file extension. but yo? you can also hit up Vassago187 he uses linux too he might be able to give feed you more info.

hmmm and you're still able to use your ps3 normally? whats the minimum gbs to partition linux onto a ps3? I would love to do this to my ps3 so I could play friends in umk3 on ps3

yugimonz said:
Here you go, might take some time for processing but I just finished this video about 15 minutes ago.

fuckin sweet Yugimonz!! good news, i can somewhat do it. My vid coming tonight.woo hoo:)

i did it 2 times now i just need to master it

yugimonz said:
Here you go, might take some time for processing but I just finished this video about 15 minutes ago.

omg what the fuck are you doing here? a jab first? WHAT!!! omg the way you are doing it is the fucking deal! WHAT!! "jab to iAF" omg your a genius!!! this is what i need to learn, that way!!

yugimonz said:
hey seriouz, does mame work on linux(ubuntu0? I'm thinking about changing from xp to linux when I get my new pc.
I'm running my MAME cab off of Ubuntu/mame. The only bad part is that there's no Kaillera support in linux (as seriouz mentioned). I would love to have my Cab online but it's not to be just yet since I won't use Windows :)

yugimonz said:
hmmm and you're still able to use your ps3 normally? whats the minimum gbs to partition linux onto a ps3? I would love to do this to my ps3 so I could play friends in umk3 on ps3
i alotted ten gigs to my HDD (80GB)..running ubuntu 9.04 and yes you still can boot the ps3 normally :)

Vassago187 said:
I'm running my MAME cab off of Ubuntu/mame. The only bad part is that there's no Kaillera support in linux (as seriouz mentioned). I would love to have my Cab online but it's not to be just yet since I won't use Windows :)
it blows not to have kaillera support doesn't it man? which distro are you currently using?

man that opens up a whole new world of close range warefare with Kitana, it really fucking does.

Im gonna try to explore these:

1. aaHP to iAF
2. aaHP to iAF to square punch. (a normal "aaHP to fan" would mean kitana throws fan from ground after aaHP) i bet this is very fucking insanely difficult!! I NEED to see this motherfucker happen! i think we would all like to see this happen....lmao, IF its possible to do a "aaHP to iAF" then that means you can land a square punch after iAF because it will keep them up in air!!! 3 hit combo all from a aaHP, and only possible with iAF to do square punch after iAF.
3. multi-golden punch aaHP to iAF to square punch
4. jab jab jab jab to iAF. or any close jabs or golden punches to iAF

just doing the iAF seems almost impossible until you land it 1 or 2 times by accident. after i attempt to master the iAF or even land it consistantly it has to be added to tactics asap. i need to be able to throw this at anytime and if i can incorporate it into close range tactics it will open up a new way of play with kitana for me. this adds to her nightmare arsenal.

im so proud of you kitana!!! potentially lots of small new things with her and her arsenal. think about it!

thanks to Konqrr and Yugimonz for new ideas!! im a little behind on the iAF compared to you 2 but vid coming soon,haha.

@Konqrr, what do you think of a few new possibilities with Kitana? i think they are very legitimate ideas that can be pulled off even though extremely difficult sounding. even though they sound impossible, the game should actually let you do these. they make perfect sense in my head.

i think this idea makes sense:

"aaHP to iAF to square punch", because an iAF after aaHP would keep the opponent in air while kitana is grounded, perfect time for square punch. and this would mean its the first time that kitana can do a square punch after fan WITHOUT any fanlift!

Konqrr can you verify and mess with this shit, cause i know youll be able to do it before me!

i think these are very possible.

seriouz-bizniz said:
i alotted ten gigs to my HDD (80GB)..running ubuntu 9.04 and yes you still can boot the ps3 normally :)

it blows not to have kaillera support doesn't it man? which distro are you currently using?
I'm using ubuntu 7.10 or something like that on the MAME cab. I was having trouble with the ATI drivers on the newer versions that was causing display problems. I'm still RHEL5 at work though.

dookiebrain said:
omg what the fuck are you doing here? a jab first? WHAT!!! omg the way you are doing it is the fucking deal! WHAT!! "jab to iAF" omg your a genius!!! this is what i need to learn, that way!!
Sweet dude, just keep practicing it it gets easier. I still can only do it about 85 percent of the time on p2 side but I've been practicing some. Yeah lp jabs to iAF are freakin sick man, sometimes it can be very unpredictable. I'm gonna try the aaHP to IAF, Sqaurewave, I've been thinking about this for some time now too lol.

yugimonz said:
Sweet dude, just keep practicing it it gets easier. I still can only do it about 85 percent of the time on p2 side but I've been practicing some. Yeah lp jabs to iAF are freakin sick man, sometimes it can be very unpredictable. I'm gonna try the aaHP to IAF, Sqaurewave, I've been thinking about this for some time now too lol.
i gotta catch up, tonight im working on it for a long time. I will be blessed with happiness if i can get a lp to iAF rofl

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
RollTide8569 said:
did u ever get this 2 work?
It works. Too bad you can't start the fan lift infinite in the corner with it...for some reason you can't do the projectile that low to the ground by jumping up, only on the way down. (try to do iAFB with Liu where it hits your opponent standing, it won't work)