What's new

Instant Projectile help

Please Konqrr or someone post a vid of kitanas "instant air fan" off the ground WITH A PS3 PAD. NOT STICK.

I tried all night last night and i cannot duplicate the iAF instantly off the ground, this makes me think it can only be done on stick, NOT PS3 controller. I buff the shit out it while in middle of sweep and it will not come out instantly. i do not think this can be done on pad but would like to be shown otherwise.

vids please, most likely Konqrr since only 2 people can do it. im gonna be 3rd. should i go by a stick after work today? if a stick is needed for this then im gonna be a stick player again.

vid of this being done on PS3 controller, no stick please.

I can do it with liu kang on my ps2 pad. I haven't done it with kitana yet, but when I do it I usually press b+hp, b+lp, b+lk one of those for the back buffer part then press forward then kinda forward up then HP, but I don't press the up arrow if you mess around with the forward arrow you'll notice if you press it kinda upward they will jump forward. It's funny sometimes I get it like 5 times in a row sometimes only one. Now in UMK3 I can do this with kabal on command about 99% of the time not sure why it's easier for me on UMK3 though.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
You need to use another move to mask your input so you don't jump. Then during the recovery of whatever move you use, hold up. Now here you can simply mash forward a bunch of times while you are holding up or you can time it right and press forward twice then HP+LP right when you leave the ground. The key is to be holding up so you don't have to worry about jumping then the double tap forward.

No time to make a vid of it right now, but try to do it with what I said.

EDIT: I made a video using the PS3 pad, I just need to edit it and I should be able to post it by tomorrow morning.

@aria, i just did, where? i didnt see either of them do anything like that.

@konqrr, please do so, i tried all night and i was masking 2 different moves for it. didnt help. I just dont get it, but that doesnt mean i wont be able to learn it. how are you masking it? i am gonna go get a stick today i think, its about time to return to stick i think.

*im only concerned about kitana, thats the real deal right there for instant projectiles.

From what I remember, his sig kit was doing it, thats how we knew it was him playing xiong...there was really bad lag, so maybe its not in the vid. Anyone that has played him knows what im talking about.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Here you go Dookie:

Might take a bit to finish processing.

You can buffer it out of Golden Punches too!

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Using your thumb for MKII is useless because there is no need to use both shoulder buttons (L and R). You can easily block with the L trigger so you are more free to use the buttons with your fingers.

Using your thumb is kind of like tying a hand behind your back lol

Glad you liked it!

AriaDelano said:
From what I remember, his sig kit was doing it, thats how we knew it was him playing xiong...there was really bad lag, so maybe its not in the vid. Anyone that has played him knows what im talking about.
actually now i think i have heard that before from jesse.

Konqrr said:
Here you go Dookie:

Might take a bit to finish processing.

You can buffer it out of Golden Punches too!

damn dude, nice vid. im gonna have to study this because i just dont see myself being able to do it. OR maybe im over looking into too much. either way, i want to do this!!

thanks for help folks.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, i think i know how its being done, i see. im about to work on this. that just adds a whole new arsenal with the bitch. and buffing that during goldens, wow, speechless. this has to get completed by tonight!!!!

im gonna try to learn it and maybe i can do it on film. ;D

Kick Ass Konqrr!! Yeah I don't see how anyone can use a pad with their thumb, it's so much easier using L1 as block and using your fingers.

Tim Static

Adminerator
yugimonz said:
Kick Ass Konqrr!! Yeah I don't see how anyone can use a pad with their thumb, it's so much easier using L1 as block and using your fingers.
I dont see how you play MK with a pad. :/

dookiebrain said:
im gonna give this a shot too.
Seems to work good for me, so yeah give it a shot.
Tim Static said:
I dont see how you play MK with a pad. :/
Lol, I guess I just do. I'm gonna get a stick soon though but it's been at least 8 years since I've played on an MK cab.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
RollTide8569 said:
hey konqrr, can u make another video doin the same thing but w/ an xbox 360 pad (analog OR d-pad not both) on umk3? please!
It's going to be the exact same method as I demonstrated in the MKII video...I mean exactly the same. But in the instance of UMK3, you probably would use your right thumb to press the HP+LP due to block being on the RB/RT buttons.

Just apply what I do with the PS3 pad to the Xbox one, seriously.

Konqrr said:
It's going to be the exact same method as I demonstrated in the MKII video...I mean exactly the same. But in the instance of UMK3, you probably would use your right thumb to press the HP+LP due to block being on the RB/RT buttons.

Just apply what I do with the PS3 pad to the Xbox one, seriously.
i know it would be the exact same thing but its on a different controller and a different game, thats why i asked. anyway nevermind :p

im not quick enough to do it but it looks cool ;D

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
You don't have to be quick, just know the timing when you recover from a move and begin to jump. You can press ff+HP+LP I guarantee it, you just have to get used to doing that movement while holding up on the d-pad or analog (not both lol).

Hey Dookie have you made any progress yet? I just did it with Kitana for the first time ever. However I can't seem to do it that well on p2 side.