What's new

Discussion INSANE Preconceived Notions.....

So the other day I was incredibly salty while playing online. While encountering many different players, I found myself judging them based on the character(s) that they played and assuming things about them. Have any of you all ever done this as well? Do you have preconceived notions about players who play certain characters? Do you have opinions that you believe are true?? If so, what characters/variations do you feel this way about and what do you feel about the players who play said characters?

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I'm not saying any of this is necessarily true about these characters, so if you main any of these characters, please don't take offense. And take all of this as sarcasm and satire because that's really what I'm going for.

Master of Souls Ermac and Inferno Scorpion: I always think the connection will be nothing short of abysmal and they are gonna play like they are on actual drugs but it won't matter because they will be unpunishable in the underwater connection then tell me I'm trash while they have 6-10 of their little hood rat kids yelling in the background and then calling me the n word 5000 times.

Kung Lao: they are gonna teleport a lot

Kano: they're probably an idiot

Sonya: they're probably an idiot

Mileena: they're probably an idiot for a different reason

D'Vorah: they are probably a bad person irl

Wolverine32

PSN: ADM_Wolverine
I'm not saying any of this is necessarily true about these characters, so if you main any of these characters, please don't take offense. And take all of this as sarcasm and satire because that's really what I'm going for.

Master of Souls Ermac and Inferno Scorpion: I always think the connection will be nothing short of abysmal and they are gonna play like they are on actual drugs but it won't matter because they will be unpunishable in the underwater connection then tell me I'm trash while they have 6-10 of their little hood rat kids yelling in the background and then calling me the n word 5000 times.

At least now I know what you think of me lmao

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Yes, I have been a raging salt monster at times playing this game. These are my stereotypes and/or what I expect online when the salt is flowing.

Lao players are still tier whores who are just playing the old character for a couple games.

A-List Cage players despise having to block.

GM Sub players break into a hot sweat every time they are in the neutral without Ice Clone.

Ermac players will get mad when their teleport or soul ball 50/50s get punished, if the connection allows for it.

Erron Black players will teabag 100% of the time with no exceptions and quit after a couple losses.

Covert Ops Sonya players failed out of grade school.

Scorpion players either bought the game last week or are truly evil individuals.

This is mine and this is usually what's going through my head when my salt level is going through the the roof.

Mileena (obviously piercing.....): This person is probably really good or really shitty.

Kung Lao (Tempest): You're probably a douche bag, and will teleport incessantly.

Sonya: Life did you played you a shifty hand or you're a lazy biatch. Either way, you want free wins and grenades that don't go away in hit.

Master of Souls Ermac: Not even salt, I probably have resentment toward you. Why? Because I struggle with the 50/50s more than Dronya. Overhead or low soul ball.....smh.

Scorpion: You're a c*** who is underserving of love or happiness. If you play inferno, I think you're a noob. Ninjutsu: just gonna use those those two sword normals over and over. Hell fire: just give me braindead ass pressure until you land a 40% combo. You're also gonna teabag me during the beginning middle and end of the match. And ALWAYS use a finisher no matter what.

errormacro7

Official Sonya simp
MoS Ermac: Mash d3 d3 d3 d3 d3 into OH and think this is going to work.

Ninjutsu Scorpion: F2 B2 B2 D2 is the only combo this guy knows.

Takeda/Kung Jin: NJP mashers.

A-list Cage: NEVER stop pressing buttons, NEVER.

Cryo Sub: Gonna try to mix me with a +30f OH hammer. Nice try.

Scorpion: They're trash and rely solely on the vortex.

Kung Lao/Takeda/Sonya/Mileena/Bojustu Kung Jin: They're a try hard.

Jason/Liu Kang: They just like pressing buttons and are a spastic.

They pick The Pit as the arena: They're basic as fuck.

Every once in a blue moon I'll come across someone who plays one of these characters and actually exceeds my expectations and gains my respect, but that's maybe one in every ten or twenty.

Last edited:

Daemantalo

Not Good Enough
Jason Players: Playing like spastics and mashing down 1, down 1, down 1, DBF1. I hate these freaking guys with their brain-dead tickthrows and the game isn't fun when they reverse my controls or teleport when I'm throwing my projectiles.

Kano Players: Probably some hipster who picked him up when he was bottom 25 on the usage chart, and then got really happy when he got Stanky buffs and now use nothing but him online. I hate Kano mains with their EX Buff 40% brain-dead combos.

:DOGE

gam224

The world's least hype player
Alien: hits you with mix ups and is like "bro look how many times i hit ex tail flip i'm so godlike"
Jason: an asshole who has 1/2 a brain
Lao: you are that annoying guy who brags and no one actually likes
sonya: you have 1/4 of a brain
Kenshi: after every win you pop off because your character is low tier
sub zero: you don't like neutral and probably are 40+ and wear a leather jacket
mileena: you have some weird fetishes
Takeda: Step 1:knock down Step:2 ex kunai Step3: lather rinse and repeat Step:4 tea bag if any of this goes awry NJP
Cassie: you are a cuck or a lesbian
Jacqui: fucking hipster
Kung jin: you always play is safe, you are that guy that waits at a stop sign for like a fucking hour
Shinnok: you most likely down play
Kano: did you take it up the ass for tanya too?
Johnny: you are a musically kid
Erron black: you may be a bisexual furry
Kotal: "bruh my character is so honest" does back 1 into ex sword
Reptile: Step 1: down play Step 2: T bag
Dvorah: instead of getting a job you do WGC
Raiden: free
Quan: wants buffs not gains
Goro: only thinks "GORO"
Tremor: (ex low shatter gets broken) THIS IS BULL SHIT

Amplified$hotz

I like Tekken 8
Kotal: All that goes on in their heads is "fuck it why not"

Reptile: Frame data who?

Scorpion: Some kid trying to use an easy fatality he just bought

Grandmaster Sub-Zero: Just came out of Tom/Madzin's stream cause most casuals hate the character.

Sonya/Alien/Mileena: Just watches tournaments and tries to emulate their play.

TyCarter35

Bonafide Jax scrub
after reading what everyone assumes Scorpion players are like, I really feel like the whole community hates me...
Well anyways what I assume everytime I see a certain character picked I think of:
EB Gunslinger: 21122 into gun stance for dayz
Sorcerer Quan: ARMOR PORTAL I'M INVINCIBLE WOOO
Piercing Mileena: f1/f12 into mixup OR YOLO Ball roll for dayz.
WG Kotal: B122/B14 into OH Sword, Buzzsaw, Low Sword
Ronin Takeda: I'm a jedi and I can sort of use the force laser swords for dayz
Jason: ADVANCING MIDS AND D1 FOR DAYZ
Kano: Easy 40+% combos and mixups for dayz

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King

I'm not that bad of a person cX

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
Alien: hits you with mix ups and is like "bro look how many times i hit ex tail flip i'm so godlike"
Jason: an asshole who has 1/2 a brain
Lao: you are that annoying guy who brags and no one actually likes
sonya: you have 1/4 of a brain
Kenshi: after every win you pop off because your character is low tier
sub zero: you don't like neutral and probably are 40+ and wear a leather jacket
mileena: you have some weird fetishes
Takeda: Step 1:knock down Step:2 ex kunai Step3: lather rinse and repeat Step:4 tea bag if any of this goes awry NJP
Cassie: you are a cuck or a lesbian
Jacqui: fucking hipster
Kung jin: you always play is safe, you are that guy that waits at a stop sign for like a fucking hour
Shinnok: you most likely down play
Kano: did you take it up the ass for tanya too?
Johnny: you are a musically kid
Erron black: you may be a bisexual furry
Kotal: "bruh my character is so honest" does back 1 into ex sword
Reptile: Step 1: down play Step 2: T bag
Dvorah: instead of getting a job you do WGC
Raiden: free
Quan: wants buffs not gains
Goro: only thinks "GORO"
Tremor: (ex low shatter gets broken) THIS IS BULL SHIT
Fuck you, I have a job, granted my cancels are a bit shitty now lol

tatterbug4

Bug of tater's
Ermac. Time to get d3'd till I block it and get over headed

Scrub zero. Slide on wake up every single time.

Kotal Kahn. I'm gonna use this long range normal at the start of the game everytime.

Alien. I'm gonna ex tail flip in the neutral every chance I get

Scorpion. Unpunishable teleport because lag is probably 300ms