What's new

Input Glitches?

AeroGrunt

Stay Puft
I'm having a lot of input glitches/bugs in this game. For example, often times when I try to jump forward my character just jumps up. I clearly input forward and up, shows up like that in the practice mode too. This never happened to me on MK and its not my pad, I've tried 3 different pads and with all the problem was there. Another case of this problem is I try to do say 112, and the character stops the strings after the first 1. This happens to me too often in this game and I'm getting frustrated of it, especially online when I'm in a clutch situation.

I've mentioned this to people on livestreams and a few people have had this same problem. Is it just my three pads or a flaw in the game? Anyone have any experiences with anything similar?

eskuAdradit0

"Thanks" button abuser.
The difference resides in "jump" being instantenous. In MK you had to input "up" for 3frames and then it'd jump. I think all other fighting games are like injustice.

AeroGrunt

Stay Puft
The difference resides in "jump" being instantenous. In MK you had to input "up" for 3frames and then it'd jump. I think all other fighting games are like injustice.
I input forward and up at the same time, how am I supposed to do it then? I play Street Fighter too and I've never had problems with such a simple thing as jumping forward.

Oh my god Ikr when I jump in 1 and 22 trident with aqua he just sits there after the 22 and does nothing when i'm 100% sure I inputted it correctly lol I'm getting really pissed at that, and getting used to back blocking on crossup situations, been getting blown up by jump happy people :(. I also have been getting that jump thing aswell

AeroGrunt

Stay Puft
And before someone asks, yes I have tried turning "Release Check" on and off. Not that it should make a difference.

W E S T N I N E 9

Currently hijacking the planet
I've been having huge issues with quarter circle motions coming out when I don't want them.
Say I'm blocking low and my opponent jumps over me, I'm holding :qtl then slide my stick :d :qtr to crouch block the other direction. In some instances I want to throw out an attack as well, every time I press a button after changing crouched block directions the game for some odd reason interprets :d:r and I get some random special move instead of just an attack.

---------------- :d:qtr does not equal :d:r ----------------

This issue alone has cost me countless matches.
NRS please do something about the leniency of the inputs.

W E S T N I N E 9

Letting go of the button counts as pressing. Say you press 2 and hold it, then do bf and release it you will do Batman's batarang. Also known as "negative edge".
Ah, that has been bugging me too.
Especially when canceling quick light attacks into special moves.
Thanks.

I've been having huge issues with quarter circle motions coming out when I don't want them.
Say I'm blocking low and my opponent jumps over me, I'm holding :qtl then slide my stick :d :qtr to crouch block the other direction. In some instances I want to throw out an attack as well, every time I press a button after changing crouched block directions the game for some odd reason interprets :d:r and I get some random special move instead of just an attack.

---------------- :d:qtr does not equal :d:r ----------------

This issue alone has cost me countless matches.
NRS please do something about the leniency of the inputs.
If you switch to "Alternate Control - ON" in the button config, that problem should be fixed. Mortal Kombat had the same leniency. It's intentional. Also, just holding :d will crouch-block in both directions. :)

I've never had a problem jumping in Injustice.

I've noticed some inputs have to be EXACTLY right,

like if it says D,B,F. I can't do DtoB, then F. I have to literally press all 3 seperately when I'm say Bane.

And when I'm Hawkgirl. I can't do dive kick unless I hit exactly down and Heavy. IF I even slightly angle it she won't do it.

I know the last 2 have nothing to do with the thread.

but I figured I post I'm not really having any problems with jumping. are you trying ot cancel out of moves/strings into jumps? or are you having problems just raw jumping?

AeroGrunt

Stay Puft
I've never had a problem jumping in Injustice.

I've noticed some inputs have to be EXACTLY right,

like if it says D,B,F. I can't do DtoB, then F. I have to literally press all 3 seperately when I'm say Bane.

And when I'm Hawkgirl. I can't do dive kick unless I hit exactly down and Heavy. IF I even slightly angle it she won't do it.

I know the last 2 have nothing to do with the thread.

but I figured I post I'm not really having any problems with jumping. are you trying ot cancel out of moves/strings into jumps? or are you having problems just raw jumping?
Just raw jumping AND some combos. I was doing the S.T.A.R Labs missions where they teach you basic combos and special moves for the character and I just couldn't do some of them for like 5 tries. They we're nothing hard just basic 112 or 213 combos. I kept inputting them the same way for at least 7 times until they worked. I was thinking I was in the wrong stance or something, but after I landed the string the first time it worked flawless. Really weird. This same thing has happened to me at least 3 times.

Inputs are hella strict in this game.

A lot of my moves don't come out especially online. First I thought it was my controller but after a while in training mode I realized that it's just the way the game reads inputs. If a move is D,B,1 you should press down, then press back then press 1. Once I understood this everything became much easier.

Also, I really don't understand why they don't allow us to do late specials with some strings. Like, some strings you have to buffer the move super early before the 2nd hit is even active, but with other strings you can't do it too early you have to buffer it late. It's confusing sometimes. It also makes the game feel super scrubby and not fluid. I don't like having to guess my hit confirms.

W E S T N I N E 9

A lot of my moves don't come out especially online. First I thought it was my controller but after a while in training mode I realized that it's just the way the game reads inputs. If a move is D,B,1. You can't do quarter circle back+1. You literally have to press down, then press back then press 1. Once I understood this everything became much easier.
Hmm... This isn't true at all.
I do :d:qtr:r inputs for :d :r every time.

AeroGrunt

Stay Puft

A lot of my moves don't come out especially online. First I thought it was my controller but after a while in training mode I realized that it's just the way the game reads inputs. If a move is D,B,1. You can't do quarter circle back+1. You literally have to press down, then press back then press 1. Once I understood this everything became much easier.

Also, I really don't understand why they don't allow us to do late specials with some strings. Like, some strings you have to buffer the move super early before the 2nd hit is even active, but with other strings you can't do it too early you have to buffer it late. It's confusing sometimes.
Not having problem with anything else than jumping and weird dropped strings, strict inputs aren't a problem for me. It seems like I need to press forward and then up for me to jump forward and I'm sure it's not supposed to be like that. This stuff doesn't happen often but when it does and costs me a game I get really salty.

yeah I have no problem dealing iwth DF and doing DtoF.

there are just SOME moves I've found that don't let you take that shortcut and unless I'm retarded. It wont let me take the shortcut with Bane's command grab.

yeah I have no problem dealing iwth DF and doing DtoF.

there are just SOME moves I've found that don't let you take that shortcut and unless I'm retarded. It wont let me take the shortcut with Bane's command grab.
Dunno, Shazam has the same input and I can do it just hitting :d:qtl:qtr 1 (alternate controls OFF)
Perhaps you're doing it too slowly?
I am, though, certainly having difficulty just finishing strings and chaining into specials, especially off jump-ins.

W E S T N I N E 9

I am, though, certainly having difficulty just finishing strings and chaining into specials, especially off jump-ins.
The hit stun in this game is very short. What I do when jumping in is immediately start to input a string before I even know if the jump in attack lands or is blocked. Then the end of my string will vary depending on whether or not it's being blocked.
Just get those string inputs in early after jump ins.
Since the hit stun is so short you have to hit confirm almost everything.

There's a difference between playing PS3/on stick and Xbox360 on pad. Doing qcf doesn't register as a pure qcf. While it's possible to do SF motions and they do sometimes register it is much more reliable to do the input as it was intended. That's what I'm saying. qcb makes me drop combos all the time on pad. But once I started doing D,B I never dropped it.

There's a difference between playing PS3/on stick and Xbox360 on pad. Doing qcf doesn't register as a pure qcf. While it's possible to do SF motions and they do sometimes register it is much more reliable to do the input as it was intended. That's what I'm saying. qcb makes me drop combos all the time on pad. But once I started doing D,B I never dropped it.
Only thing I can think of is that you are doing :qtl:l instead of :d:qtl or :d:qtl:l, so doing :qtl(neutral):l is solving the problem. Dunno if that's the case, but if not, I have no idea. :(

The hit stun in this game is very short. What I do when jumping in is immediately start to input a string before I even know if the jump in attack lands or is blocked. Then the end of my string will vary depending on whether or not it's being blocked.
Just get those string inputs in early after jump ins.
Yeah, this is the method I've found works most often but it still drops for me far more often than it should. And the timing on doing special moves after certain strings feels almost inconsistent. Though I'm still having trouble even timing wake-up attacks, so it's probably just poor execution on my part. :(

Dunno, Shazam has the same input and I can do it just hitting :d:qtl:qtr 1 (alternate controls OFF)
Perhaps you're doing it too slowly?
maybe?
ever since I changed to hitting EXACTLY D, B, F. though I don't mess up. so it could be human error I guess. and maybe I'm more accurate with my inputs when I don't think I have a shortcut.