What's new

Injustice - Who 'Knows' the DC Universe and Who Will the Game Appeal To?

Would you like to learn more about the DC Universe?

• Yes, it would be awesome to know more about some DC characters

Votes: 32 50.8%
  • Not necessary, we'll learn as we go w/ Injustice

Votes: 14 22.2%
  • It's whatever.

Votes: 17 27.0%

• Total voters

Spletty

Grandmaster
Just my opinion here, but a comic book style fighter needs a good story with it. It's not good enough to just have the characters and a ladder mode like marvel vs capcom. I would have considered more time in that game has there been a story. That being said, NRS knows how to put a story in a fighter. This will be a good game, even if it's bad. You dig?

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Injustice is basically UMK9 with 25-30 new characters, directional blocking, and a few weird gimmicks.
Basic gameplay is very similar to MK9, so if someone liked that, they'll probably like this.

As for casuals.... Its a video game with batman on the cover, that's really all that needs to be said.

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
I've been a Batman fan since the Adam West batman days, not since the original airings, I'm not that old. Superman I can take or leave, as well as other branches of the DC universe, I was a fan of the batman animated series and justice league cartoons. As long as the fighting mechanics aren't awful I'll get it.

I'm into comics. More into Marvel than DC, but I'll take what I can get, so I'm interested in Injustice as well.
Looking forward to Nightwing, and hopefully Red Hood.

vicious1024

Does it matter?
I'm probably in the minority here, but immersing myself in character and story elements definitely help to enjoy the game a lot more.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
I know DC somewhat well in case you need me to introduce one character or another. The problem is, with superhero comics that is, that there are quite major differences in character by author in some details. Take Batman for instance. Frank Miller's Batman differs from what I call Canon Batman (John Byrne/Bob Kane with Jack Kirby involved.) and even both are very different from the 90's "tamed Batman" yet again.
So I would wait with assessing the characters past general introductions (Nightwing - Formerly Robin. Catwoman - Burglar. etc.)

stamatis

Όσα δε φτάνει η αλεπού. ........
this game must be really good ,because in this site they are trying to replace the MK9 with new NRS game,this is obvious,so as i was saying this game must be really good because this will make the waiting for the next MK easier and harmless,so if this game will be a failure,WE will all get mad during this time!!!!!!!!

as i love both comics and mortal kombat this will be a day one purchase. this makes 10x more sense than mk vs dc. what i would like to see now is dc do an mk comic series for mk 10.

imblackjames

Ive seen the leprechaun
Im going to be playing the game because I love mortal kombat and I love the DCu. Im already pretty well versed in both lol

jbthrash

Nut Breaker
I love the DCU as much as MK so for me this is another dream game next to MK9. I will also buy just about any DC game. I think we will get a mixture of DC fans, MK fans, and other fighting game fans. I also know this game will sell just because people will see Batman and Superman on the box and that will sell the game by itself.

I'm getting it for three reasons:
1. Injusticeverse is allowed to diverge in any way possible.
2. NRS is making it with the absolutely glorious engine of MK9
3. And it has DC characters.

MKvsDC was severely lacking. It was very choppy for me and I hope this will be better, like its looking.