What's new

Injustice - Who 'Knows' the DC Universe and Who Will the Game Appeal To?

Would you like to learn more about the DC Universe?

• Yes, it would be awesome to know more about some DC characters

Votes: 32 50.8%
  • Not necessary, we'll learn as we go w/ Injustice

Votes: 14 22.2%
  • It's whatever.

Votes: 17 27.0%

• Total voters

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
We're just curious to know if people are going to be playing Injustice due to the fact that the "Mortal Kombat" team making it or do you actually have a severe interest in these characters and their worlds?

When Injustice hits the shelves at Game stores it'll be very interesting to see how this game takes off and who will be buying it. Will it be the Mortal Kombat crowd, the DC crowd or will there be a large mixture or both? Tell us what you think.

Vote & reply w/ feedback!

Attachments

DragonPick

I don't play Runescape
I freaking love Superheroes and the world of DC. I don't know everything to know about the comics and the heroes, but I know a bunch and love reading about them and their adventures, stories, characters, etc.

I'll be playing Injustice because I like super heroes and fighting games. Supporting NRS doesn't hurt at all either :)

Reedoms

Noob
I've been wanting a competent DC fighter for years. It's a huge universe that's hardly expanded on in the vidya games so I'm pretty excited for this game if they take it the right direction.

The DC characters are what really pique my interest in this game as I've recently gotten into comics. The fact that it's made by NRS and has some similarities to MK is what keeps my interest going. I like marvel but umvc3 does not interest me at all.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
As a huge fan of MK and a huge fan of DC, it's both.

But for others, I'd imagine it will have a lot of popular appeal on release. Coming off the end of the Batman trilogy and the upcoming Superman movie, there are a lot of people going for it because of that. I don't think the casual MK fanbase will draw as big of an appeal, because they're looking for the MK characters more than the developers.

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
A somewhat widely used statement about DC is that

"Marvel is about men trying to be Gods, while DC is about Gods trying to be men."

I'm a DC fanboy obviously but if people get past brand loyalty and hatred they can see some good stuff.

ROEBOTRON

"Only One Truth Prevails"
It's safe to say that mainly the MK community will pick it up the most. Hopefully there will be a large following of people who don't necessarily play MK try this, and will get into MK because they like Injustice. I hope the way the character's and the worlds that their in are represented in an interesting way. I would really love to see things that I don't already know about the characters.

I would really like to see some of the more obscure DC characters. i really like that nrs is indicating that they're flipping the storyline on its head, but id be interested to see some alliances in the story between characters like luthor and wonder woman or something like that, something unexpected. but id like for them to poke at character backstories while doing all of this. now that would be cool

GrandMasterson

The Netherrealm beckons
I'm not a DC fan. I like Batman and Nightwing, but that's really about it. I'm only playing Injustice because it's made by NRS and I want to see what they've learned and changed from MK9.

Injustice seems fun and I'm sure I'll enjoy it for a while, but no way am I diving into that game the way I did with MK9.

LesMore

Top 8 Injustice Frosty Faustings VII
Also Bane to counter that Solomon Grundy....

This game would make it interesting enough for me to learn "Hold Back" blocking style games... Although games with hold back to block don't usually have many teleports.. hmmm

This game is conflicting...I want it to be good though..

Gengar

Hypnosis > Dreameater (its a reset)
I'm only interested in this because NRS is behind it. if it were made by another company I definitely wouldnt purchase it. Im not a fan of DC heroes at all really, in fact the only DC hero that I ever really enjoyed was Batman Beyond, who I'm hoping will make it into this game. but if he doesnt then o well, this game will still be fun.

Via_Negativa

Darkforge
Not really interested in the slightest. TTT2 will likely take my time in fighting games until Mk10 arrives. (providing the NRS follow up is good)

x_0

Noob
I freaking love Superheroes and the world of DC. I don't know everything to know about the comics and the heroes, but I know a bunch and love reading about them and their adventures, stories, characters, etc.

I'll be playing Injustice because I like super heroes and fighting games. Supporting NRS doesn't hurt at all either :)
I'm exactly the opposite. I hate superheros and all that comic bs, but I still like you Picky x_^
All in all - I'm MK fan, NOT of all NRS products...

Bi-on-iC

I'm innocent, I mean..not guilty.
DC comics were my CHILDHOOD itself. I would get the game if any other company was developing it.

Atriox

Here... I am a god!
Well, I love Superheroes, especially the DC ones, but I wouldn't be buying a fighting game just because it has DC characters in it, but the fact that NRS is making it, makes Injustice one of my most wanteds for 2013. MK9 is one of my favourite games of all time! Even though I'm still grumpy about the fact that there's no block button in Injustice...

matterovermind

mindundermatter
I don't know much about Detective Comics Comics (or comics in general to be honest) but I'll most likely be playing this game due to NRS making it. I really liked their take on MK-9 and hope they can iron out some of the kinks to make an all around solid fighter. If they do story mode as they did in MK-9 that will be a bonus.

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
I'd have liked to have seen UMK9 with major rebalances, but that's just in my dreamworld.

I don't care much for DC, and don't have much game time, so I sadly doubt I'll touch Injustice. I came from Tekken, but TTT2 is just T6: Tag Edition so I won't waste time playing that either.

I'll likely just keep on playing SF4 and MVC3 for fun in the occasional free time that I have, despite that Injustice seems promising.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
ill mainly just be buying it because it NRS product, theyve given me many happy years so i try support all the projects.

while of course when i was younger i liked batman,superman, swamp thing nd the like but i was never really into the comics etc so i dont know alot bout the DC world so be nice to know more when the games comes out.

if swamp thing is not in the release roster ill be very disapointed though

Zmoke

= zσмвιє ѕмσкє, тнє cυяяєηт ѕтαтυѕ σƒ тσм νявα∂αѕѕ
It's for a fact that MK already resembles comic books quite a bit so the transition should come fairly natural -- especially after Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe.