What's new

Guide Injustice - Photos of Flash's Specials List, Combos, Frame Data and More from Igromir 2012, Russia

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
You guys have to remember that in MVC3, you have 3 characters.

A 100% combo in MVC3 is essentially just a 33% combo. Stop comparing this game to MVC3 already, they seem absolutely nothing alike.
Well technically a 100% combo in Injustice is only a 50% combo because you have two health bars because there are no rounds Vampire Savior style.

That said, its still not comparable to Marvel. Still have no idea how this game is going to be played, if its going to be faster or slower then MK9.

Spletty

Grandmaster
At times it looks slower than mk, but others it looks faster... I'm confused, frustrated, and excited all at once. But I've never been this pumped for a game.

insignis

Noob
The character not turning to the opponent has nothing to do with a cross up not working. The character wouldn't turn unless they successfully blocked the cross up anyway. The hit box of the move has everything to do with it. For example, in SF Ryu's jumping mk crosses up because the hit box stretches from his knee to his front foot.
I meant that when you jump over someone your character doesn't turn to land the hit. or it's ok?

I meant that when you jump over someone your character doesn't turn to land the hit. or it's ok?
Your character isn't supposed to turn either. A cross up is a situation where it's difficult for your opponent to determine whether he has to block left of right. It usually happens after a hard knockdown situation because it allows the player that caused the hard knockdown a safe jump. It's an effective mixup for these reasons:
- On block you can use a safe block string.
- On hit you get full combo.
- You can use a move that doesn't cross up to get a free jump in combo.
- You can use ambiguous cross up moves.
- Unblockable cross ups exist.
- Empty cross ups are also effective.

Here's a video showcasing a standard cross up:

x18x2xwildx

Something wicked this way comes.
Does anyone else notice the system it's being shown off on is the 360? Not that it matters, but interesting since MK9 was all about the PS3.

insignis

Noob
Your character isn't supposed to turn either. A cross up is a situation where it's difficult for your opponent to determine whether he has to block left of right. It usually happens after a hard knockdown situation because it allows the player that caused the hard knockdown a safe jump. It's an effective mixup for these reasons:
- On block you can use a safe block string.
- On hit you get full combo.
- You can use a move that doesn't cross up to get a free jump in combo.
- You can use ambiguous cross up moves.
- Unblockable cross ups exist.
- Empty cross ups are also effective.

Here's a video showcasing a standard cross up:
thanks, got it. so if NRS went to SF style than maybe everything ok. I just get used to MK where characters turn to opponent.

CptXecution

Brain Dead Bro
Does anyone else notice the system it's being shown off on is the 360? Not that it matters, but interesting since MK9 was all about the PS3.
The tournament scene is all about PS3, Xbox could be just what they're using at the event not to mention more people own Xbox than PS3 so they're reaching to a wider audience. Ironically enough, if you go up the ladder far enough (NRS ->WB ->etc etc) You reach Sony.

Breaker

~AKUMA~
Is it hard because of bad mechanics/the system not fully being developed/implemented or hard because you're like a MK player and don't fully understand cross ups yet?

What about just straight up Jump In starters?
I played a shit load @ FanExpo Toronto and what I noticed in regards to any kind of jump attacks, the mechanics kinda resembles Capcom if you try to cross over and kinda like UMK3 jump(ing) attacks. I played ALOT of Batman and I noticed he had more priority when it came to hand to hand combat. Cyborg for example could not cross up to save his life.

hmm wonder if flash will get some sort of grounding reset like f4 for kabal or 112 for sonya / skarlet then be able to do his running man charge for a mix up.
Check said flash has a kabal f4 reset or something like that... i haven't watched all of the video he was talking about though

but that's going to be ass if he does.. -_-

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
no

only MK and the namco games seemed to be played on ps3. All the other games are played on the better console. (pure opinion in the last part).
MK being run on PS3 makes no sense because of an extra banned stage and some stages being banned because of the slowdown that only occurs on that stage on the PS3 only. The game was built on 360 hardware and the only downside is negligible now.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I'd assume 'breakout frame' would be the frame at which you can cancel out of the move into something else. But who knows.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
What's going on with Mileenas crotch? Is that even SFW?

Also that Kitana looks like a dude, so ya, perfect representation.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
No real reason besides the game being lead developed on Xbox 360 dev kits (once again, guaranteeing the PS3 and Wii U versions will again have UE3-related inexplicable problems and somehow thinking that's acceptable for a fighting game)

MK being run on PS3 makes no sense because of an extra banned stage and some stages being banned because of the slowdown that only occurs on that stage on the PS3 only. The game was built on 360 hardware and the only downside is negligible now.
Never saw the issue with this personally, you still risk running into a banned stage on either version. What's the downside to running MK on 360 though? Every EU tournament has had it on 360 besides SVB and I've never seen a disadvantage opposed to PS3? (well there is but it's more to do with the console than the version)