What's new

Injustice @ PAX East - Interview w/ Hector: A Street Fighter player's concerns

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Nobody said you HAD to play baraka
Who you main doesnt affect how balanced a game is. I stick with Baraka because I choose to, and I actually dont blame the game when I lose, it is most of the time my fault.

However, that doesn't mean I don't notice things. This game is broken, if people can't see that they are in denial tbh. The stuff I wrote wasnt even all the broken things in the game.(Seeing your name made me realize I forgot Kenshi lol).

I love this game, and this community, but let's be real. SF4 is not more broken than MK.

Edit: Also it is important to understand that even with how broken MK9 is, you still have to be a great player to win at it. The thing is though, the same goes for Marvel, SF4 etc.

But if we compare the only game more broken may be Marvel, but they have around 12 characters with total BS when we only have less than ten.

trufenix

bye felicia
But that's because it works. Why fix what isn't broken?
Because people don't like buying the same product again and again for 20 years? There's a reason Capcom management abandoned street fighter for a decade while MK and Tekken and everybody else rolled on.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Who you main doesnt affect how balanced a game is. I stick with Baraka because I choose to, and I actually dont blame the game when I lose, it is most of the time my fault.

However, that doesn't mean I don't notice things. This game is broken, if people can't see that they are in denial tbh. The stuff I wrote wasnt even all the broken things in the game.(Seeing your name made me realize I forgot Kenshi lol).

I love this game, and this community, but let's be real. SF4 is not more broken than MK.
Yea you're right but MK is far more fun

evo doesnt pick it

$$$ picks it

the process isnt what you think
ok a better question then, is why is NRS putting up money on MK9 their old game, when they could put it up for Injustice their new game that will be a few months old and still fresh when EVO hits. Not that I dont want to see MK9 but as a business decision you'd think they'd want Injustice up there.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Because people don't like buying the same product again and again for 20 years? There's a reason Capcom management abandoned street fighter for a decade while MK and Tekken and everybody else rolled on.
Not a fighter but I hear Call of Duty isn't doing too shabby lately.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
ok a better question then, is why is NRS putting up money on MK9 their old game, when they could put it up for Injustice their new game that will be a few months old and still fresh when EVO hits. Not that I dont want to see MK9 but as a business decision you'd think they'd want Injustice up there.
IMO its a major risk to put a game on the evo stage 2 months after release

SFxT made that decision and it took the game 9 months to recover

Whose to say there may or may not be other plans for it ...mlg? ipl? PDP? etc etc

Idk

All In all imo Injustice is going places MK has been and potentially further.

BTW whose to say it couldnt be a last min addition

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Kabal: Best Zoning and Rushdown, dont need to explain
Cyrax: 100% combos, 60% meterless
Sonya: Armored SAFE launcher
Freddy: Fullscreen Frame Traps
KL: Crazy mobility, 6 frame launcher
Jax: 100% corner combos
Rain+Cyrax: Moves that TAKE YOUR METER

But yeah, im just salty. This game is totally balanced.
I agree... Balanced..

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
MK started out in 2D. Still wasn't a "viable" game though.

I'm not trying to rip on NRS; I love their games, but they've only just began trying to appeal to the tournament audience. The obvious improvements from MKDC to MK9 to IGAU are something to admire and I firmly believe they'll eventually lead the FGC one day.
How wasn't it viable?

What made MK1, MK2, or especially UMK3 unviable?

RYX

BIG PUSHER
How wasn't it viable?

I have very little experience but from what I've heard UMK3 was broken as fuck, even worse than 9. No idea on 1 or 2 to be entirely honest but MK2 had infinites aplenty.

See now I look retarded. ;_;

EDIT: no, I was right. MK2 had infinite traps.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
How wasn't it viable?

It was viable, it just didnt get a following. You have to remember SF and Marvel never really had that span of time where they put out crap competitively(3D MK).

And we are JUST getting out of that era of 3D crap so NRS still has a reputation to build back up even after MK9(Which LBSH, wasnt received well by everyone still). I think Injustice might be the game for this, which has me really excited.

IceNine

Tired, But Strong
They very specifically said that Injustice was heavily considered for EVO, but simply decided that, as Pig stated, it wasn't going to be out for very long before EVO happened.

Hopefully there'll be an Injustice side tournament present, and someone there to stream it. P4A got some significant side stream time via the anime fighting community at EVO 2012 before it was announced, hopefully we'll be able to do the same for Injustice.

Anyway, I don't think balance is what affects a game's viability, really. If only a fraction of the -cast- is viable, a game a can still be competitively viable. As long as people want to play it and the game isn't overtly unfair/random, there's no reason to say the game's unviable despite any and all balance issues.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
I have very little experience but from what I've heard UMK3 was broken as fuck, even worse than 9. No idea on 1 or 2 to be entirely honest but MK2 had infinites aplenty.

See now I look retarded. ;_;

EDIT: no, I was right. MK2 had infinite traps.
Marvel has infinites... Does that mean it's not viable??

Viability was my point in this kase.. Not balance. Even Street Fighter has some balance issues.

Yeah and for the record i think its unfair that SF & Marvel Vs Capcom fans always asks NRS how can Harley Quin beat Wonder Woman when no one asks how somebody like Tron Bon or Chris Redfield can beat Magneto or Thor and Capcom isn't asked to explain it in the story

I don't see why you are highlighting fighting game players. Try actually going to comic book forums. They have the same exact concerns.

I was shocked when Hector said they are making the story so the fact that these characters fighting each other makes sense. I wouldn't have cared if a representative of Netherrealm didn't say anything but I'm waiting with bated breath to see what they are going to do in the story.

*crosses arms* Show me what you got Netherrealm.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
I don't see why you are highlighting fighting game players. Try actually going to comic book forums. They have the same exact concerns.

I was shocked when Hector said they are making the story so the fact that these characters fighting each other makes sense. I wouldn't have cared if a representative of Netherrealm didn't say anything but I'm waiting with bated breath to see what they are going to do in the story.

*crosses arms* Show me what you got Netherrealm.
They've got a game that's fun to play. Dasnuff4me