What's new

Injustice Pals Random Discussion Thread V2

NoxiousDonny

"Cheap Grubber"
Cage Redfield Iron Angel I see you two are online, would I be wrong to assume one of you has MK9?
A few of questions:
1) Is there online practice mode?
2) Is there a mode where you can invite (on PC) a friend to join for a match?
3) Anyone know how the PC controls are?

Cage Redfield Iron Angel I see you two are online, would I be wrong to assume one of you has MK9?
A few of questions:

I owned it in the past, so you assumed kinda correctly

1) no
3) no idea

as for 2), I haven't played it on PC, so I don't know how the inviting system works.

NoxiousDonny

"Cheap Grubber"
I owned it in the past, so you assumed kinda correctly

1) no
3) no idea

as for 2), I haven't played it on PC, so I don't know how the inviting system works.
But atleast there's offline practice, so that's fine.

But there's a private mode on console right? If so there will be for PC.

But atleast there's offline practice, so that's fine.

But there's a private mode on console right? If so there will be for PC.

Unless I'm a super huge idiot with really bad memory, I'm very certain there was a private match feature in MK9 console.

If not, you could just enter one of the default lobbies (like Hell, Outworld, etc etc) and only accept your friend's match requests and ignore everyone else =p

Iron Angel

“I WILL PROTECT THE INNOCENT.”
A few of questions:
Sorry, I'm not an MK fan, I only joined this site because of all the Injustice news lol even then, I'm not a season fighting-games player. lol

NoxiousDonny

"Cheap Grubber"
Unless I'm a super huge idiot with really bad memory, I'm very certain there was a private match feature in MK9 console.

If not, you could just enter one of the default lobbies (like Hell, Outworld, etc etc) and only accept your friend's match requests and ignore everyone else =p
Thanks. Should be able to.

Sorry, I'm not an MK fan, I only joined this site because of all the Injustice news lol even then, I'm not a season fighting-games player. lol
No worries. :)

BGMD

Kombatant
1) No. Training mode is scarce too comparing it to Injustice. Basically it's a bare bones port of console version.
2) Yes. You set up private match, and it opens your Steam friends list, and just click on the name.
3) Keyboard controls are fully rebindable, I think you can even set 2 keys doing same thing. Xbox controller works out of the box, I'm guessing various sticks are also supported. For PS2/3 controller you probably need MotionJoy.

Also warning. If you don't see anyone online in rooms, you'll probably need to turn off AA in graphics options. There is some kind of bug that's causing this.

NoxiousDonny

"Cheap Grubber"
1) No. Training mode is scarce too comparing it to Injustice. Basically it's a bare bones port of console version.
2) Yes. You set up private match, and it opens your Steam friends list, and just click on the name.
3) Keyboard controls are fully rebindable, I think you can even set 2 keys doing same thing. Xbox controller works out of the box, I'm guessing various sticks are also supported. For PS2/3 controller you probably need MotionJoy.

Also warning. If you don't see anyone online in rooms, you'll probably need to turn off AA in graphics options. There is some kind of bug that's causing this.
Thanks a lot man, very helpful.
So, it's playable okay with keyboard/mouse?

Anything else I should know?

Looking forward to playing as Sub-Zero, Scorpion and Freddy.
Don't really know the others too much but I'm sure I'll enjoy them, too.

BGMD

Kombatant
So, it's playable okay with keyboard/mouse?
You can't really play it with mouse, keyboard is fine if you're accustomed to it. I know I'm not when it comes to fighting games lol, but I know other people who are playing on it.
I was thinking of making a custom keyboard of an old one, with only a necessary buttons lol, but actually I play MK fine even with analog thumbstick.

NoxiousDonny

"Cheap Grubber"
You can't really play it with mouse, keyboard is fine if you're accustomed to it. I know I'm not when it comes to fighting games lol, but I know other people who are playing on it.
I was thinking of making a custom keyboard of an old one, with only a necessary buttons lol, but actually I play MK fine even with analog thumbstick.
Wow, you can play with analog sticks? That's crazy.
Yeah... I kinda just meant keyboard. I hope I can play it alright.

Who are your mains? Any recommendations?
Sub-Zero interests me a lot, probably Scorpion and Freddy too.

BGMD

Kombatant
Wow, you can play with analog sticks? That's crazy.
Well when I got MK for Xbox, I was thinking pad sucked and doing qc and bf movements on analog wasn't hard at all. Only problems I would have was canceling f dash into f normal, but none of the characters I played had that kind of stuff, for example playing Cage, I would alternate from analog to pad. Then I got Injustice and couldn't make stuff come out on it half of the time, so I switched to pad. It's really not that bad as people are making it sound, you get accustomed to it.

My main from the start to this day is Ermac. Really versatile and fun, I think I have like 20 different bnb's to pull of with him.
But I like playing a lot of characters. At first I played Lao and Sonya but later dropped them completely because I didn't really enjoyed them.
Aside from Ermac, my secondary would be Raiden but I like to play Nightwolf, Sindel, Sub and Shang Tsung the most.
I was kinda bummed that Fujin wasn't DLC because he is one of my favorites in the series.

NoxiousDonny

"Cheap Grubber"
Well when I got MK for Xbox, I was thinking pad sucked and doing qc and bf movements on analog wasn't hard at all. Only problems I would have was canceling f dash into f normal, but none of the characters I played had that kind of stuff, for example playing Cage, I would alternate from analog to pad. Then I got Injustice and couldn't make stuff come out on it half of the time, so I switched to pad. It's really not that bad as people are making it sound, you get accustomed to it.

My main from the start to this day is Ermac. Really versatile and fun, I think I have like 20 different bnb's to pull of with him.
But I like playing a lot of characters. At first I played Lao and Sonya but later dropped them completely because I didn't really enjoyed them.
Aside from Ermac, my secondary would be Raiden but I like to play Nightwolf, Sindel, Sub and Shang Tsung the most.
I was kinda bummed that Fujin wasn't DLC because he is one of my favorites in the series.
Nice.