What's new

Injustice Option Selects?

Would you like Option Selects in Injustice?

• Total voters
Yes. It's such a fucked up OS if you use it properly. A lot of characters that can use it can get a combo off of a very difficult to AA jump in, while having advantage on block.
Daaaaammmmnn it is about +15 right? I was using this with Scorpion when I played him, and didn't even realize it lol. I feel stupid

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
THTB just for clarity's sake can you give an example of what exactly you mean?
Say you're using Kabal or Kitana, and you do a JK. If you do a deep JK and buffer an air special late enough, the special will come out if the JK lands. In the case of Kabal or Kitana, it'll be their air projectiles. If it's blocked, +15 on block get raped bitch.

It gives characters who can combo off of their air specials a huge advantage because they can play from further out and are more difficult to AA.

Say you're using Kabal or Kitana, and you do a JK. If you do a deep JK and buffer an air special late enough, the special will come out if the JK lands. In the case of Kabal or Kitana, it'll be their air projectiles. If it's blocked, +15 on block get raped bitch.

It gives characters who can combo off of their air specials a huge advantage because they can play from further out and are more difficult to AA.
Neat. Of all the characters I play with air specials, they're all air grabs. So I already abuse the jk~air throw OS on apple kicks but trying to use it on deeper jump kicks just leaves me with a whiffed air throw (on hit) and the inability to combo off it. That's pretty fucked that it works for other air specials though. I haven't encountered anyone that's done that effectively to me before.

HMM I wish Smoke's teleport punch wasn't so bad. Else I'd figure out a way to incorporate that as well. Gotta test.
This also works with Ermac. After 3,1,2 on hit, he gets a safe jump. If the kick is blocked your +15, and if it hits the TP hits for at least a 35% combo.

This also works with Ermac. After 3,1,2 on hit, he gets a safe jump. If the kick is blocked you on +15, and if it hits the TP hits for at least a 35% combo.
LOL. I'm sure that's even more ridiculous with Scorpion. Trying to think who else uses this well... but all I'm really getting are ermac and scorpion. Sektor's not that great since no safe jump setups... Isn't this the basis for some sub-zero ice clone tech as well?

LOL. I'm sure that's even more ridiculous with Scorpion. Trying to think who else uses this well... but all I'm really getting are ermac and scorpion. Sektor's not that great since no safe jump setups... Isn't this the basis for some sub-zero ice clone tech as well?
Yeah Brady was using it a few month back. However, Scorpion's is much more practical because of the safe jump. Not to mention you won't have to worry about AA's. Raiden has a safe jump after VB on hit right?

Yeah Brady was using it a few month back. However, Scorpion's is much more practical because of the safe jump. Not to mention you won't have to worry about AA's. Raiden has a safe jump after VB on hit right?
Yeah but what's he gonna do... option select into superman? I mean, I guess that's not so bad, considering it's pretty much a guaranteed ride into the corner, but still...