What's new

Injustice | New Button Lay-Out and Things to Consider Before Judging

Hanzer0

Wanna order chinese later?
He said Forward+A initiated the stage transition. I hope they don't use an input that would be a normal when outside of the transition area. Would definitely be very limiting if you had to worry about what your input will do depending on where you are in the stage.

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
so to do a special you'll have to input more than three directions? ewww.
Quarter circle forward is just the down, diagonal down+forward, forward + attack button. Its how you do a hadoken in street fighter. MK's inputs are more lenient in that when it says d,f 3 for freeze, you can pick your thumb up off the pad after pressing down and go straight into forward. I don't mind either, but those stupid half circle motions and full 360's drive me insane.

Rogue_Scrambles

Fear Burns Bright
He said Forward+A initiated the stage transition. I hope they don't use an input that would be a normal when outside of the transition area. Would definitely be very limiting if you had to worry about what your input will do depending on where you are in the stage.
Yeah thats something that popped out at me too. it also seems wierd to have such a simple input have such a big impact on the match, rather than just be a normal

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Quarter circle forward is just the down, diagonal down+forward, forward + attack button. Its how you do a hadoken in street fighter. MK's inputs are more lenient in that when it says d,f 3 for freeze, you can pick your thumb up off the pad after pressing down and go straight into forward. I don't mind either, but those stupid half circle motions and full 360's drive me insane.
That sounds way too complicated for a simple move that does what... like 7-8% damage?smh

FDB3 is quite long enough for me. =/

RagingNight

Yep, and I'm not interested in those other fighters characters or gameplay so, honestly, I couldn't care less what those games do. :)

Rogue_Scrambles

Fear Burns Bright
Its not the half circles or 360s that bother me its those stupid unwieldy f,d,fd z shaped motions that always get me

DragonPick

I don't play Runescape
I don't mind Half Circles (You get over them when you play Dudley) but OMG, fuck 360s man... Someone needs to pile drive the guy who thought that up

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
Have you only played MK? Just about every fighting game has QCF/QCB motion. QCF/QCB motions prevent things like accidental commands from coming out.
Have you read the "back to block" thread? It seems a disturbing number of people have only ever played MK, and vehemently oppose any fighting mechanic that is not MK-like.

Shoryuken motions (f, d, d/f) are extremely easy. Half circles are easy. 360's are easy (roll from forward to up/back) especially on a stick. Everyone has had 20 years to learn these. I hope we see these motions in Injustice! They're very purposeful.

I've always hated the arcane commands in MK - they're always random for NO reason. Why not make Ermac's f+4,b+2 into f+4,2? Tekken has actually always been the best with commands, as Blackula could likely agree... their commands generally mirror the attack motion your character does. VERY natural.

My girlfriend, a casual player who I started teaching to play fighting games from scratch a mere 2 years ago, can do Sagat's tiger uppercut FADC into ultra (f,d,df+LP ~ MP+MK ~ ff ~ QCF,QCF+KKK). I don't want to hear a single player here bitch about "hard motions."

Rogue_Scrambles

Fear Burns Bright
Have you read the "back to block" thread? It seems a disturbing number of people have only ever played MK, and vehemently oppose any fighting mechanic that is not MK-like.

Shoryuken motions (f, d, d/f) are extremely easy. Half circles are easy. 360's are easy (roll from forward to up/back) especially on a stick. Everyone has had 20 years to learn these. I hope we see these motions in Injustice! They're very purposeful.

I've always hated the arcane commands in MK - they're always random for NO reason. Why not make Ermac's f+4,b+2 into f+4,2? Tekken has actually always been the best with commands, as Blackula could likely agree... their commands generally mirror the attack motion your character does. VERY natural.

My girlfriend, a casual player who I started teaching to play fighting games from scratch a mere 2 years ago, can do Sagat's tiger uppercut FADC into ultra (f,d,df+LP ~ MP+MK ~ ff ~ QCF,QCF+KKK). I don't want to hear a single player here bitch about "hard motions."
BUT THEY'RE HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARD

Altaire

Noob
I just hope the game doesn't have dialed inputs. I hate whiffing entire combo strings.

I still don't understand why they went with an input method like that, its awkward as hell.
Because it's a staple of Tekken, which Ed Boon is a huge fan of. Why not?

If anything, just include more hit confirmable strings to allow for a comfortable medium.

Sent from my GT-S5830D using Tapatalk 2

I like four button games. I can rest my thumb and 3 fingers over each of the buttons and then I never have to move a finger to push a button. I'm just worried about the command for super being both bumpers simultaneously again. Hoping they got a shortcut for that for stick players.

Warborn

Freebies for all
Back for Block?! wtf!!!!

I couldn't imagine trying to play a character like Skarlet with 6 buttons. 4 make my hands bleed as it is

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
Flash looks like a robot in that pic.

Ive been slightly hating on Flash's new Uniform BUT then I had a flashback... Wait this dude wears red tights mannnnnnnnnnnnnn, Shit Now Im loving this new Flash look... lol

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.

We all haven't had 20 years to learn this stuff. I only got into fighting games when SFIV(vanilla) came out. I was a total scrub and could only do a hadoken. I still struggle with FADC attacks, but before you think I'm just a terrible learner, I don't have a stick. When I vigorously practice I can consistently do FADC combos, but when I take a week or two off its gone again. The worst commands in mk (for me) are probably back, down inputs.

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
We all haven't had 20 years to learn this stuff. I only got into fighting games when SFIV(vanilla) came out. I was a total scrub and could only do a hadoken. I still struggle with FADC attacks, but before you think I'm just a terrible learner, I don't have a stick. When I vigorously practice I can consistently do FADC combos, but when I take a week or two off its gone again. The worst commands in mk (for me) are probably back, down inputs.
My girlfriend plays on a standard PS3 pad. It's a matter of getting it into muscle memory. Just keep practicing.

Sea.Toss

King of Swing
This mentality, it boils my brain! You people do realize your argument literally is "I don't want to learn it, I don't like it." A game should NEVER be boulderized because of it's input difficulty. It's an argument to say that "I"m not going to practice, I want the game to be simplistic enough to jump in and play!" I applaud NRS for actually taking real fighting game mechanics and implementing them into what COULD be a respectable game. You are actually implying the game will be bad because it's inputs don't suit your retarded hands? I would like to use that over-used internet term, DEAL WITH IT, and learn, don't complain.

PS: To those who are saying, "but I'm on 360 pad or PS3 pad, me, and MANY other people can do full, complicated Dante combos, or FADC cancel combos, it's not the tool, it's the god damn user.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
I believe NRS, due having experience, resource, and technical knowledge, will deliver a good final product on Injustice, and this community will have a second option game, to learn, dedicate and appreciate. I think chances are we gonna have a good game to play, as alternative option for MK9.

I hope I'm not wrong being positive and optimistic , anyway, I will give this game a try, regardless of