What's new

Injustice | New Button Lay-Out and Things to Consider Before Judging

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
As well all know by now that Injustice|Gods Among Us will be a "hold back to block" game... in fact, it is really not to be compared to Mortal Kombat in any way. Just because it is from the Creators or Mortal Kombat, doesn't mean everything. Additionally, in almost every interview done with Ed Boon or any respective representative of NetherRealm Studios has said that this is not Mortal Kombat... it's a new fighting game franchise. Regardless, onward to what this article is really about...

dc2.jpg

An author by the name of Kris at Siliconera has written a review of his experience playing the game. His notes mainly reflect the buttons and a little about how the game plays. He mentions that the attack buttons are in no way similar to Mortal Kombat, in fact, they compare them more so to BlazBlue:

I went into Injustice: Gods Among Us expecting that it would play like a DC-skinnedMortal Kombat, but I was pleasantly surprised that Netherrealm is stepping out of their comfort zone. Instead of two punches and two kicks, the layout was a bit more like Blazblue with light, medium, and heavy attack buttons alongside a character-specific attack button.
Another key note is the "character trait" button that is also compared to BlazBlue's "Dive" button that triggers a move that is specific to each respective character"

Then of course, there is the "character trait" button. Much like Blazblue’s "Drive" attacks, each character’s "character trait" is individual and supposedly built around their fighting style from the comic books. I was intrigued by how different the button got from character to character. Wonder Woman can change between her sword/shield and lasso of truth fighting styles, Batman summons little robotic bats that circle around him, and Superman buffs his stats for a while.
Kris also speaks of a new and interesting Batman special move, Robotic Bats? Read the rest here!

Credit: Jade's Pimp
Source: Siliconera.com

Attachments

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
I just hope the game doesn't have dialed inputs. I hate whiffing entire combo strings.

I still don't understand why they went with an input method like that, its awkward as hell.

DragonPick

I don't play Runescape
I have never played BlazBlue so I'm very excited for this... The Traits button reminds me a bit of Smash Bros' B button, I wonder if BB works like that? Anyway, still excited

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
"Because of the light-medium-heavy setup, combos are much easier to string together than in Mortal Kombat. While combos were still pretty cut-and-dried, it was nice that attacks were a bit less obtuse. Light-Light-Light and Light-Light-Medium were both pretty simple combos that every character I played had. Specials also seemed to be a bit more standardized, with down-back and down-forward and an attack button performing specials for just about everyone. As somebody who’s always found MK’s inputs to be kind of annoying, I liked that I didn’t have any trouble acclimating to Injustice."

^ That paragraph makes no sense to me.

That's sounds just like mortal kombat. DF3 for freeze, DB3 for puddle, etc. 224 for a string... light light medium for a string. If so, sounds good. Also, Me maining Batman confirmed. lol

The combo system is chain based dude, it's not preset. Whats so hard?

You can do 224 but can you do 24?

Can you take out any input in MK that's not preset and use it, that's already not assigned a command/move?

This chain system will have rules, but it's most likely going to be more versatile.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
The combo system is chain based dude, it's not preset. Whats so hard?
The paragraph says that specials are different from MK and are "standardized" with inputs of down back and down forward plus an attack button. MK used a lot of DB and DF...

maybe he means that all specials for every character use DB or DF? *shrug*

It's probably probably a universal thing. Each special in MK is a different input.

This will have have specials based on the command DB/DF etc + either LMH followed after.

Not different inputs for each special just the level of LMH being used.

My guess, all fast specials will be DB/DF etc + L and so on so forth.