What's new

Injustice - Mortal Kombat 9's 'High-Level Players' Corner Game Influenced Interactive Environments

Wildabeast

The Bat in the Hat
So far the attacks aren't really Light Medium Heavy, there probably just saying that so causal people know what the control scheme is, in reality its basically just 1 2 3. What I mean by that is 1 isn't the lightest normal and 3 isn't the heaviest normal, there just 3 appropriate attacks for the character.
Exactly, from what Ive seen so far Light, Medium, Heavy are just like how MK9 has Forward Punch, back punch etc. Sure it may be the name of a button but youre still mostly going to be fighting with preset attack strings like in MK9.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Especially with Harley since one of her buttons is a gunshot normal. I think its what they referred to as "heavy". Sounds better than "magic series" combos though. Those literally are just LMH. Since thats a Marvel thing its generally LMH *launcher* *jump* MMH *launcher* *hyper*
If Injustice doesn't have a magic series even if they are referring to them as LMH it will at least mean that people learn real combos for the game instead of just choosing high damage/priority and mashing out magic series all day. I wonder what the game's tutorial mode will be like to train all the casuals they hope to lure in on how to grow more adept at the game?

Geochron

Noob
For everyone who doesn't like the idea of interactive stages, allow me to play devil's advocate.
Question: how are these interactive stages any lamer than ring outs in 3D games? This is something that has existed in 3D games for years. Say for examle in SC or VF, you get your ass beat all the way to the edge with just a pixel of health left...only to do a back throw to ring out the opponent and win the round. If this mechanic never existed until now, would you think it was broken or gimmicky?

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
After two years of MVC3 I have to say that this is a self contradiction lol.
DoA5 came out and the more honest players say it's atrocious.
Of course the faithfuls keep trying to be "harsh" about people saying it sucks but tbh, I was only hoping but had no high expectations.
The only thing that changed is they tried to make a combat system that works better and toned down the fan service. LBSH. I have Soul Calibur 5 for fan service and playability. DoA5 just seems to have brought nothing, not even the sought balance.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Not sure about the rest of you but me, I want a fighting game with distinctly unique characters that have personality. A story that isn't an alibi but actually worth nerdgasming over, and mechanics that mean that if I like Wrench the Mechanic Monkey as a character, I don't have to worry that Awesome Possum or Awkward Aardvark are better off with tools.

Not sure about the rest of you but me, I want a fighting game with distinctly unique characters that have personality.
UMVC3 is without a doubt the game numbero uno, when it comes to the characters and their personality.
If Injustice even has half as much, it's going to be good!

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
UMVC3 is without a doubt the game numbero uno, when it comes to the characters and their personality.
If Injustice even has half as much, it's going to be good!
UMVC3 is also known for its infinites and retarded gameplay.

UMVC3 is also known for its infinites and retarded gameplay.
You barely see the infinites in UMVC3, because 1. they're very hard to pull off and 2. mostly they're very impractical.
Don't know about the gameplay. The mechanics are always personal preference I guess. The X-Factor is a drastic game changer, but I don't think that the stage interactions / transactions will be such a vast game changer as well.
They do seem to be doing A LOT of damage, but then again - we're still watching gameplay from the Comic Con build of the game, so how knows what expect us.

I'm just saying that you shouldn't be that bitchy about the new content.
Yeah, there are people who don't like the entire stuff, but who knows - maybe it will turn out to be something quite nice. And if it isn't, then ...

... simply don't bind the stage-interactions button and never use back+heavy together and you should be fine, amirite?

i think some of u need to see the video of the demo again, becuz although nightwing can escape corner pressure superman has the ability to take that advantage away from nightwing by destroying the car, so i think all you guys bitching about this are fucking pussys who are scared of change and are to stupid/lazy to try to adapt to something new or different. at least wait until the game actually comes out before you start criticizing it...

BlackBryan

B*tch Distributor
I'm fine with the idea of some characters having better mobility, even if it is stage dependent. What I don't like is the offensive stage tools. It's going to lead to so much redundancy that the game will flop in 3 months, tops. Things like wall jumps, grappling hooks, Superman & others with the ability to fly, or any mobility feature is an awesome idea. Mobility creates character play like ETC McFly's ridiculous Lao, or TylerLantern's Mega dashy reptile. All "having missiles in the Batcave" is going to achieve is day 1 Sektor play, for the entire life of the game.

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness
I'm fine with the idea of some characters having better mobility, even if it is stage dependent. What I don't like is the offensive stage tools. It's going to lead to so much redundancy that the game will flop in 3 months, tops. Things like wall jumps, grappling hooks, Superman & others with the ability to fly, or any mobility feature is an awesome idea. Mobility creates character play like ETC McFly's ridiculous Lao, or TylerLantern's Mega dashy reptile. All "having missiles in the Batcave" is going to achieve is day 1 Sektor play, for the entire life of the game.
Trust NRS... They know how to please everyone...
The bat-mobile is going to have low recovery or something, there will be a way around it, probably punishable, or something of the like.

SatsuiYesHadou

Yung Kneecaps
They already said this game was going to be different from any fighter. You guys could deal with characters in mk9 that could literally walk out of the corner for free almost like freddy or even kitana if you don't know how to deal with square boost properly. I don't see why there's all the hate with a game that hasn't even came out yet