What's new

Injustice Made a Side Tournament at NorCal Regionals Discussion

ninjay

Noob
It is a shame that Injustice wont have much of a showing. Sacramento has some really strong players, and it would be fun to see SNKE or Ducky take first in their hometown.

The only reason BBCP and P4A is getting tourneys is because I am running the tourneys for them. If there were enough interest and if people would bring out setups, I can see if the NCR guys will let me run that as well.

Sac players know how I roll!!! I run 6 brackets at a time, I can handle this.

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
It's not a surprise, Capcom has a lot of insiders in the FGC, between them there are some who don't support games if they don't see any sponsor money at all, Kineda and Keits are just few visible examples. If NRS would have called Iron Galaxy to port the MK games from the 90s to this generation consoles then you would see all the world's love from Keits to NRS games; and if NRS would have called Kineda to make MK silly accesories and figurines then you would see all the world's love from Kineda to NRS games.

Yup I asked abou8t BB THEY FUCKING WANT 128 SIGNUPS TO GET MAIN STATUS. Agh, his whole situation sucks,
Don't support them with your money, it's as simple as that. We need to hold tournament organizers to a higher standard if they want to stick around year after year.

Immortal Kombat

almost moderate success
Why are they charging a 35 dollar registration fee if your running your own bracket? How the fuck are they in business?
Thats like me charging people to deliver the the mail to the house it was supposed to go to!

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Injustice officially won't be at NCR. As I said on Twitter, if NCR is a Road to EVO event then not having Injustice is an embarrassment. If you are one of the few tournaments tagged with "Road to EVO" then how could you not have ALL EVO main games in your main tournament line up. If it's not the it's whatever and a clear indication that NCR simply does not support NRS (from what I've seen/heard). Sucks for NorCal players in that they're denied a big tournament for whatever reason.

Everlast

KTG | EVERLAST
Wow. That is very disappointing. Injustice is the first game i play competitively and NCR might be the only major i might be able to go to this year.

I mean who is in charge of all this and what can we do to show them that we deserve it. Backing down from this should not be an option here! These TOs need to start taking our community seriously! I dont care if we petition or whatever! This is ridiculous!

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Wow. That is very disappointing. Injustice is the first game i play competitively and NCR might be the only major i might be able to go to this year.

I mean who is in charge of all this and what can we do to show them that we deserve it. Backing down from this should not be an option here! These TOs need to start taking our community seriously! I dont care if we petition or whatever! This is ridiculous!

I gotta assume it was dropped due to low entrants, NCR has a history of being disrespectful to NRS games/players so once Injustice was relegated to a side game where players had to bring their own setups they said "fuck it".

EGGXI

Scary Bat
Yeah I wasn't surprised when I saw this earlier today.
NCR seems to dislike/mistreat NRS games/community
NRS community seems to dislike how the tournament is run/their games are treated.

You could argue that either of those statements is the cause of the other:"fuck it they don't want to come we won't make the effort" or "fuck it if they don't want to make the effort we won't come"

Moral of the story: Support Northwest Majors.
Injustice officially won't be at NCR. As I said on Twitter, if NCR is a Road to EVO event then not having Injustice is an embarrassment.
Doesn't the "Road to EVO" thing no longer exist seeing as they are considering everything that is submitted by the players basically?

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Doesn't the "Road to EVO" thing no longer exist seeing as they are considering everything that is submitted by the players basically?

Absolutely no clue...actually, reading it there appears to be a variation of it: http://evo.shoryuken.com/road-to-evo/

Basically, every tourny from Jan-June is a Road to EVO event if it runs EVO games but bigger tournaments take higher priority and NCR, being a Road to EVO event for a few years (AFAIK) and widely regarded as a major, is definitely one of these "bigger" tournaments.