What's new

Injustice Made a Side Tournament at NorCal Regionals Discussion

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Has anyone reached out to Kineda or Choiboy about this?
That was the goal behind making this thread; to check interest levels first.

Because if we spoke up, people would have to show up to back it up. So I figured it was worth seeing how many people were interested before making a call.

But to be fair, most of the issues expressed in this thread started long before IGAU.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
That was the goal behind making this thread; to check interest levels first.

Because if we spoke up, people would have to show up to back it up. So I figured it was worth seeing how many people were interested before making a call.

But to be fair, most of the issues expressed in this thread started long before IGAU.
I get that, but it can't hurt to ask.

haketh

Noob
The only one that sticks out is KOF, actually nvm KOF has a scene in norcal.

so yeah looks pretty normal and expected from NCR. I mean you would think Tekken would be strong in norcal with bronson and jimmy tran but nope. also nrs has no scene in norcal.
No we don't lol, KOF has been dead as fuck in Norcal. I love how Choi and Kineda dodged my questions on who they had asked about runnign BB and why it wasn't even considered as a side game.

NCR Blows but I'm probably gonna go because I gotta support the scenes. It sucks that Kineda is the only TO in Norcal pretty much who can run large events.

Error404

Noob
Yeah not like Injustice is in top 3 of every tournament in terms of ppl playing since the patch dropped . Just don't go to this tourney its dumb as fuck.

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
Yeah not like Injustice is in top 3 of every tournament in terms of ppl playing since the patch dropped . Just don't go to this tourney its dumb as fuck.
We've only been outrepresented by Blazblue at SCR so far, and this is before door registrants appear.

Everlast

KTG | EVERLAST
Being new to the tourney scene in the FGC i was really looking forward to NCR in hope it would be great. Is there any way for us to make it the caliber that it should be for NRS games? Its just disappointing that this might be the biggest tourney i will be able to go to and it will be a let down by the sounds of it.

BTW i didnt know DMS was in NorCal!

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
Last NCR we held 2 hotel room tournaments that were really fun.

But honestly I'm almost glad Injustice isn't a main game considering how fucking terribly run NCR is. I've said it a million times and I'll say it a million more, that wasn't only the worst Major that I've ever been to, but one of the worst run tournaments in general that I've ever been to.

Even if it was a main game I would never suggest for someone to fly out or attend at all unless they were within driving distance.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Last NCR we held 2 hotel room tournaments that were really fun.

But honestly I'm almost glad Injustice isn't a main game considering how fucking terribly run NCR is. I've said it a million times and I'll say it a million more, that wasn't only the worst Major that I've ever been to, but one of the worst run tournaments in general that I've ever been to.

Even if it was a main game I would never suggest for someone to fly out or attend at all unless they were within driving distance.
Remember that time the TO tried to rob farmer of thousands of dollars

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
Being new to the tourney scene in the FGC i was really looking forward to NCR in hope it would be great. Is there any way for us to make it the caliber that it should be for NRS games? Its just disappointing that this might be the biggest tourney i will be able to go to and it will be a let down by the sounds of it.

BTW i didnt know DMS was in NorCal!

Lol I'm not, he just tagged me as a community representative.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Why do CEO and NCR have no problem streaming Smash Bros. Melee but Evo does?

Legitimate question.
Pretty sure EVO was targetted because of its size and the fact that it's the world's biggest/marquee fighting game event with the most international attention and media coverage.

Nintendo doesn't have time to spend going after tournaments with 500-900 entrants, lol

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
I still hope Injustice blows up big for NorCal Regionals... if you really wanna do something about it and you live close to the event, enter.