What's new

Injustice - Interview w/ Ed Boon at EB Expo, Discusses Roster, DLC Possibilities, EVO-play and More

Firstly, to the person two posts above...

HAWKWOMAN!!!!

Secondly, he basically confirmed Red Hood, Lobo and at least one Asian race character.

Katana, OMAC (Kevin Cho), Cheshire are among those in the running for that. I can't think of any others right now

shig

kool guy
He didn't confirm Red Hood nor Lobo and in fact Lobo was DEconfirmed as far as the initial roster goes, altho it's implied that Lobo has a huge chance of being DLC.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
If Red Hood makes it in it'd be a really smart move for story. Batman is against Superman. Superman needs someone who can handle Batman that would side with him. Jason Todd was Robin and left Batman's crew because he wanted to deal with criminals permanently...and now Superman wants to do the same. Superman recruiting Red Hood would be perfect for story telling. If he's in I'll be hyped because I'm a fan and I won't knock them for adding another Batman character since he would be crucial for story in making Superman vs Batman more strategic and impressive.

JJocelot

Don't give up!
I'm guessing Lobo is gonna be the Rain of Injustice. The "Why the f*** wasn't he included in the main game??" type character lol.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
I'm guessing Lobo is gonna be the Rain of Injustice. The "Why the f*** wasn't he included in the main game??" type character lol.
It doesn't really make much sense for Lobo to be in the game from a story perspective, also he is a relic of the 90's, most comic fans have outgrown him.

He would have been fine in MKvsDC as that game still had the MK style where Lobo would have fit right in, but Injustice is not really that, he would be kinda out of place.

Edit
Also he has canoncally been raped and married to this man

And another member of his team (dogwelder) welded a dog to lobos butt.

Comics man

JJocelot

Don't give up!
Comics man
This, unfortunately. I still scratch my head over Ms. Marvel's retconned story where she was pregnant with her... future son's baby or something? Yeah it's all kinda effed up lol.

But honestly, maybe a dude like Lobo would work better as dlc, that way NRS doesn't have to bust their brains thinking of some way to keep him story relevant since they love their stories so much... oh well. I don't really care either way lol.

Atriox

Here... I am a god!
If Red Hood makes it in it'd be a really smart move for story. Batman is against Superman. Superman needs someone who can handle Batman that would side with him. Jason Todd was Robin and left Batman's crew because he wanted to deal with criminals permanently...and now Superman wants to do the same. Superman recruiting Red Hood would be perfect for story telling. If he's in I'll be hyped because I'm a fan and I won't knock them for adding another Batman character since he would be crucial for story in making Superman vs Batman more strategic and impressive.
Couldn't agree more. Same goes to Batman, he needs someone who can take on Superman. Here's hoping for Darkseid or Metallo.

No, it would be a waste a slot for a couple of reasons. First, the idea of Batman's protege being on the opposing side of his mentor has been done before and that character is already in game. (Dick Grayson was on Superman's side in the Kingdom Come story.) The story may not be like Kingdom Come, but the point is there is someone already in the game that could and has fill that role you proposed for Red Hood. And Nightwing being under Batman in the character select screen means nothing; MK character select in the show build was completely different from the retail version. Character placement may not even mean anything since there could be more than two factions in the story.

Secondly, Red Hood and Deathstroke's paraphernalia are too similar and Deathstoke has more going for him. He was in MKvsDC, main antagonist of a popular series, and was teased alongside Nightwing, Aquaman and Green Arrow in the cam shot Boon uploaded in July.