What's new

Injustice - Interview w/ Ed Boon at EB Expo, Discusses Roster, DLC Possibilities, EVO-play and More

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
The guys from GameSpot are currently at EB Expo in Australia and they have gotten in a lengthy interview with Ed Boon. They go over just about every question possible asking Ed game-play questions concerning balancing, how characters use their meter to asking about actual characters. Now, of course Ed was unable to speak of what characters will be in the game although characters like Professor Zoom have been ruled out because Injustice already has the speed character, The Flash. He also mentions that certain fan favorites and characters like Lobo that people have been asking for could potentially even come as DLC.
boon.jpg
Ed goes on to emphasize on the fact that they have been working on improving online play a great deal to give players an enjoyable experience. Another interesting detail he mentions is that all of the voice actors for the DC characters are the original voice actors from at least the animated series'.

And Ed confirms that Injustice will be playable at the New York Comic Con October 11th-14th and there will be a character reveal.

Hear all of this and more - Interview w/ Ed Boon, Click here (Starts at 7:40)

Credit: MKServer

Attachments

GrandMasterson

The Netherrealm beckons
"He also mentions that certain fan favorites and characters like MOTHERFUCKING LOBO that people have been asking for could potentially even come as DLC."

Atriox

Here... I am a god!
Finally a new character announcement. Hopefully it'll be someone who's actually cool. ;)

King Roosta

The Duke of the Donk
Ok, so I think it was given away, although people may have guessed it already. At least with Batman, but probably with all of the characters, there's more than one. Like, two batmans. I'm guessing bad guy versions of the heroes, and good guy version of the villains are showing up. Which would explain things like mirror matches and good guys fighting good guys.

Shamwow0w0w

Steam / Twitch: Apsasu
An interesting note, at around the 34:12 mark the man asks Ed if the character grid is indicative of the final roster in terms of character count and Ed says yes.

Their are 24 slots on the character select screen.

Things I noticed, Flash has electricity around him now, Cyborg starts his super with a Dash Punch, Lol!

I love how much more fluid the combo system is compared to MK9, the way you connect hits/chains resemble something akin to Marvel or a Dash Fighter game, they look like the go together instead of slow stiff motions like MK9.

Atriox

Here... I am a god!
Saying who won't be a part of the roster is still talking about the roster. Notice he couldn't say yes or no to any other character.

I'm not faulting Boon for this, I'm just pointing out the irony.
I see. He just mentioned Professor Zoom as an example of too similar characters anyway.

LOBO AS DLC?! UNNACCEPTABLE!

Outrageous, preposterous!

If Deathstroke isnt in this at the beginning Im gonna have to play Batman. I dont want to play Batman!

shig

kool guy
I'm sure Zoom will be in as an event at the "challenge tower" of this game. Flash vs Zoom(flash recolor with infinite meter or something).

I think most, if not all, of the obscure characters will be villains, likely the arch-nemesis of known heroes. For example, Hawkgirl and the Gentleman Ghost or Martian Manhunter and Despero.