What's new

Injustice Health Bars

What are u guys opinion on this? Ed boon says its basically just the first to deplete the others help bar wins, and this is all in 1 match no restart of equal health in rounds, its sort of like fighting and uphill battle and frankly i think its kind of unfair, now the player that is down has to work twice as hard to come back not to mention once 1 bar is depleted the opponent is left anywhere on the screen being full screen or up close, leaving no equal start of round distance for an calculated strategized first strike, really i think this is a needless addition within the game, i understand their tryna be different from
Mortal kombat, but is messing with the tradition structure of health and rounds thats been working 4 so many years the way to go? Also it would be cool to get an in-game commentator 4 character selection and what not within the game, what do u guys think?

CptXecution

Brain Dead Bro
Maybe keep it the way it is but make you do more damage when you're depleted to one life bar? (but not X-Factor crazy damage just a slight increase)

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
What are u guys opinion on this? Ed boon says its basically just the first to deplete the others help bar wins, and this is all in 1 match no restart of equal health in rounds, its sort of like fighting and uphill battle and frankly i think its kind of unfair, now the player that is down has to work twice as hard to come back not to mention once 1 bar is depleted the opponent is left anywhere on the screen being full screen or up close, leaving no equal start of round distance for an calculated strategized first strike, really i think this is a needless addition within the game, i understand their tryna be different from
Mortal kombat, but is messing with the tradition structure of health and rounds thats been working 4 so many years the way to go? Also it would be cool to get an in-game commentator 4 character selection and what not within the game, what do u guys think?
I like it. Scrubs won't because they can't come back if they being bodied. Don't be a noob. It was in dalkstakers as well

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
First thing I thought of when I saw it was Killer Instinct..

I think it's good. Those that are getting wrecked kan make it their mission to try at least take one life bar out. The better players will win regardless.

The one negative thing I kan think of is the timer. If the timer doesn't restart each time then it'll lean the game more toward the defensive turtle players (assuming the timer isn't too long). If it does restart with each life bar then Tom Brady is going to be pissed! lol...

Hanzer0

Wanna order chinese later?
But think of the hype from comebacks alone. Stream monsters will be off the walls

Comebacks are like my favorite thing about fighting games.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
First thing I thought of when I saw it was Killer Instinct..

I think it's good. Those that are getting wrecked kan make it their mission to try at least take one life bar out. The better players will win regardless.

The one negative thing I kan think of is the timer. If the timer doesn't restart each time then it'll lean the game more toward the defensive turtle players (assuming the timer isn't too long). If it does restart with each life bar then Tom Brady is going to be pissed! lol...
Does this game even have a timer?

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Does this game even have a timer?
I don't think so right now, but I'm sure they'll put it in. Some people would complain otherwise.

Personally I don't mind. I don't pay attention to it in MK until it gets to the 20's and even then I sometimes forget to look..

It's still an early build so I don't think the timer thing was much of a priority for a demo at comic con.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Honestly, I like the healthbars and the way it plays without the timer. Here's hoping neither change. I'd love to see how high level matches play without a timer.

Rampage254

Ayy Lmao
I don't mind it at all. It reminds me if KI. Also, image all the hype moments that will come from it when someone is down a bar of health.

i think it's the same thing as MK, there's just no intermission between rounds, it's instantaneous.

Game needs a timer though, I need to be able to run the clock out like a bitch.
ALSO THIS

but if the timer is 90 seconds and stays at 90 seconds for the whole 2 bars, then it'll actually be 1 round with an inevitable combo drop at 50% (100% really) lol

Tolkeen

/wrists
I like it because it takes away the mindgame of throwing rounds. How often have we seen high level players just throw away the second round to build meter. Now it's more about consistent meter management over, first and third round management. I am all for it!... until I get bodied by a pro, then fuck this game....

BTK HYENA

Fuck you; fight me.
It reminds me of Darkstalkers 3: Vampire Savior, because they had it. Which is the best fighting game of all time.

All. Time.

VS > MK9 > Shit-tier games

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
I like it. Scrubs won't because they can't come back if they being bodied. Don't be a noob. It was in dalkstakers as well
DARKSTALKERS ALL DAY! Fuck SF capcom needs to make darkstalkers 4. BTW i like it, like people said though only scrubs will get butthurt.

Runiix

the only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta
Im abit 50/50 on this - Ed and the team gotta come up with new ideas once in awhile.
But i can also understand why people are saying "i hope it doesnt ruin the game" - but maybe it will make the fights more interesting.
who knows. (i dont)

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
I like it because it takes away the mindgame of throwing rounds. How often have we seen high level players just throw away the second round to build meter.
This isnt going to stop me from doing this. If I have full health and you have lost your first half, then I will build meter. And whatever damage I happen to do in that "meter building round" STAYS into your second health bar. It just changes the mind game, it certainly doesnt get rid of it.