What's new

Injustice Has Armor attacks?

Universal armour moves that cost 2 bars, are very slow and most likely are extremely punishable on block sounds pretty decent to me.
Agree, no one will be throwing out slow armored launchers and wall bounces once high level play starts, the moves are extremely slow n punishable when trying to throw it out nakedly.

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
Agree, no one will be throwing out slow armored launchers and wall bounces once high level play starts, the moves are extremely slow n punishable when trying to throw it out nakedly.
they are not that slow.. some char may even has fast ones.. they have armor = effective in high level play with smart reads...
and full combo punsihable??? you dont know this. since in these videos the char dont know how to block.. lol.. now just imagine them leading into huge combos with just one smart read... and theres no breaker to save you

they are not that slow.. some char may even has fast ones.. they have armor = effective in high level play with smart reads...
and full combo punsihable??? you dont know this. since in these videos the char dont know how to block.. lol.. now just imagine them leading into huge combos with just one smart read... and theres no breaker to save you
dont be foolish i guarantee u they are full combo punishable, even tho they dont block them because they fight more for demonstration purposes, a move with those properties and can lead to big damage like that is universal and punishable, notice every character seems to have a wall bounce or stage transition move that is chargable. Im not sure if the regular version of these moves lead to the same properties or not, or if u have to charge the move to get the same properties without meter, but we will know in time, i dont think its as bad as u make it seem..

PND i2 Gaug3

NERF Everything, LEAVE Nothing
The important thing that no one has mentioned is HOW MUCH hits does the armour take, so far in the videos only one hit has been seen. Personally I believe that one hit absorption is the best.

Can it absorb Projectiles?? (would be a waste seeing as it costs meter)

Cat

dont be foolish i guarantee u they are full combo punishable, even tho they dont block them because they fight more for demonstration purposes, a move with those properties and can lead to big damage like that is universal and punishable, notice every character seems to have a wall bounce or stage transition move that is chargable. Im not sure if the regular version of these moves lead to the same properties or not, or if u have to charge the move to get the same properties without meter, but we will know in time, i dont think its as bad as u make it seem..
just like how foolish kabals ex dash is.. with armor and being able to cancel to carry over armor and stay safe.. for all when know the same can be done :O and im sure it takes meter.. but still.. its give chars a pretty braindead way out of pressure or a set up...
time will tell

Cat

The important thing that no one has mentioned is HOW MUCH hits does the armour take, so far in the videos only one hit has been seen. Personally I believe that one hit absorption is the best.

Can it absorb Projectiles?? (would be a waste seeing as it costs meter)
the flash absorbs shazams lighting bolt and then attacks.. so i would assume it absorbs projectiles

not to mention the special move lex has where he absorbed 2 gun shots from joker!

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Thus far it seem more universal, it's just a coincidence that this is all we have to go with so far. How much meter or whatever the repercussion is for using it remains to be seen..

just like how foolish kabals ex dash is.. with armor and being able to cancel to carry over armor and stay safe.. for all when know the same can be done :O and im sure it takes meter.. but still.. its give chars a pretty braindead way out of pressure or a set up...
time will tell
Not necessarily. All "armor is scrubby" means too many players are under the impression that d4 on hit magically makes the rest of their normals zero-frame. I'll mash out armor all day on someone thinking they've got all the time in the world to throw out whatever blockstring they feel like. And this is coming from someone who plays characters with the most unreliable armor in MK9, if they have any to begin with.

The distribution of armor in MK9 is atrocious yes, but there is 2 sides to the story as armor for what it is goes. Call me crazy but I personally don't see what's braindead about Kabal's EX dash, it will get stuffed if someone just tries to throw it out on any given projectile. Likewise nobody should even need meter to beat a Sub-Zero player using him like it's Power-up 2011 by n0w. I don't think it was handed to certain characters just to give them an easy way out, rather NRS, being NRS lazily couldn't think of another way to make the enhanced version of some moves, well.. enhanced. Hence why the DLC characters have more armor between them than more than half the original cast.

That's just my take on it and I'm just saying I don't see why some players get so riled up about it. Some of the best launchers in TTT2 that leave the opponent with no option but to tag crash and nullify their rage are jab punishable at best and everyone just gets on with it.

Cat

Thus far it seem more universal, it's just a coincidence that this is all we have to go with so far. How much meter or whatever the repercussion is for using it remains to be seen..

Not necessarily. All "armor is scrubby" means too many players are under the impression that d4 on hit magically makes the rest of their normals zero-frame. I'll mash out armor all day on someone thinking they've got all the time in the world to throw out whatever blockstring they feel like. And this is coming from someone who plays characters with the most unreliable armor in MK9, if they have any to begin with.

The distribution of armor in MK9 is atrocious yes, but there is 2 sides to the story as armor for what it is goes. Call me crazy but I personally don't see what's braindead about Kabal's EX dash, it will get stuffed if someone just tries to throw it out on any given projectile. Likewise nobody should even need meter to beat a Sub-Zero player using him like it's Power-up 2011 by n0w. I don't think it was handed to certain characters just to give them an easy way out, rather NRS, being NRS lazily couldn't think of another way to make the enhanced version of some moves, well.. enhanced. Hence why the DLC characters have more armor between them than more than half the original cast.

That's just my take on it and I'm just saying I don't see why some players get so riled up about it. Some of the best launchers in TTT2 that leave the opponent with no option but to tag crash and nullify their rage are jab punishable at best and everyone just gets on with it.
nice read.. my thread is pretty much to point out that injustice will have some armor.. and its not just those universal launchers because from the lex video we can see he has armor as well and can take multiple hits with it.. so with that .. theres a chance we will see various armor moves in the game and of course some chars having better armor than others.. and i dont want it to be like that all over again from mk9 (sonya ex cartwheel, kenshi SC, etc are braindead armor moves)

Didn't they confirm that there are tools similiar to "one more cancel" and "one more burst" from persona
4 and the like? Essentially returning any special or normal to "0" or essentially causing a break?

Flagg

Noob
Armour is fine if they give EVERYONE one armour move only.

Armour distribution is simply terrible in MK.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
the flash absorbs shazams lighting bolt and then attacks.. so i would assume it absorbs projectiles

not to mention the special move lex has where he absorbed 2 gun shots from joker!
It looked like he phased through it.. Invincibility not armor.

Yeah. He got hit by a normal but not the projectile so it's most likely just projectile invincibility.

Cat

It looked like he phased through it.. Invincibility not armor.

Yeah. He got hit by a normal but not the projectile so it's most likely just projectile invincibility.
the phase move is different.. you can see him flash as it hits.. unlike the phase where he completly dodges the attack

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
B3 is the wallbounce/transition.
F3 is a ground bounce, they work the same but it can't stage transition.

You can cancel both from normals and strings.

So I'm curious if you can also meter burn a F3 and give it armor, because right now, some of them are really good, and really fast.

Flagg

Noob
Just these two gifs have got me really interested in the game.

So, is it possible that what ever these breaker/armour/counter moves are, they will instantly put your opponent into the corner? That could be a pretty big deal in the game.

trufenix

bye felicia
So I'm curious if you can also meter burn a F3 and give it armor, because right now, some of them are really good, and really fast.
After rewatching the Harley / WW vid, I think that if you meter burn it, you get the armor and it instantly comes out like it was cancelled. A lot of the characters have some goofy animations for their b+3 (Nightwing's front flip, which may be Deathstroke's now, Harley's hammer, etc), but it looks like they all have the same warm up unless the "effect" happens.

So, is it possible that what ever these breaker/armour/counter moves are, they will instantly put your opponent into the corner? That could be a pretty big deal in the game.
They always wall / ground bounce back to wherever you are. Well, I mean there's probably a limit to stop infinites, but wether its the armored, cancelled, or raw version you always get the bounce or a soft knockdown.

I did just realize this is going to cause some obnoxious input fuckupery for any character who has a d,b+3 or d,f+3 move.