What's new

Injustice: Gods Among Us: "The Schemes Of Lex Luthor" Trailer + 1st look at "Black Adam"

CCVengeance

The one guy hoping for Kai
I have decided that I love Black Adam's look(If that's him).At first I was like "WTF?" but then I remembered that not only is Adam from ancient Egypt but he also ruled a Egyptian-like country.And of course he is shown as a very Pharoah-like figure with the bald head and the darker skin.If and only IF that's Black Adam then I can say this is the most radical redesign of all the characters so far.And I like it.
The only thing now is how does Jaeroar feel about this?

CCVengeance

And if that's Black Adam and if he is part of the regime then that leads to a very important question?Why is Adam even picking sides and joing either?I dont consider myself a Black Adam expert but he seems like the guy that would not just join or submit to others no matter what.Even if he does it for his country or whatever I dont think he would go with Supes'regime and would simply try to squash it.
EDIT:Grammar mistake

IceNine

Tired, But Strong
I think they might go for a Black Adam reminiscent of his personality post-Infinite Crisis/in the midst of 52. Which is to say, very much pro-radical policing for the sake of prosperity.

CCVengeance

I think they might go for a Black Adam reminiscent of his personality post-Infinite Crisis/in the midst of 52. Which is to say, very much pro-radical policing for the sake of prosperity.
Oh so is that his personality?Pardon me since my only two exposures besides tv to the character were Infinite Crisis(Which he simply went around beating everything in sight) and new 52(where he seems to despise leaders who abuse their powers).I was thinking along the lines of New 52 on why would Adam(who I assume hates dictators) would join a dictatorship?

IceNine

Tired, But Strong
Oh so is that his personality?Pardon me since my only two exposures besides tv to the character were Infinite Crisis(Which he simply went around beating everything in sight) and new 52(where he seems to despise leaders who abuse their powers).I was thinking along the lines of New 52 on why would Adam(who I assume hates dictators) would join a dictatorship?
I actually haven't read anything with New 52 Adam in it so you might be right.

52 featured him becoming the dictator of a nation, and his quite brutal execution of some metacriminals that dared trespass.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I'd wager BA's alternate will be his classic look WITH hair, so I'm not worried...

I bet. And I LOVE her hair. It could always be better but hey no developer's perfect.

On the flipside, Hawkgirl's and WW's faces look MUCH BETTER now. I approve.
Oh god guys I remember that...the "pet peeves" of the fanbase...I hate that, seen it everywhere, some posts on here, a TON on MKO and Comicvine...

"OMG WW's face looks odd, OMG Flash has a huge ass, OMG Superman's curl isn't perfect, Black Adam is BALD?! WTF?!?"

I don't worry about the trivial things lol. Besides, I agree WW in her alternates clearly looks more femanine/girly especially the Red Son outfit. The Flash thing(I don't know who the hell would even look at something like that if you have the internet lol) The BA being bald looks interesting, I'm SURE his alternate will be his classic anyway, right?

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
I think someone heard "The Rock of Eternity" and "Black Adam" but got confused and thought they said "The Rock Black Adam".

eolson3

Noob
Well, while this extensive "dialog" about Black Adam is fascinating, do you think the combatants in the gameplay segments are reflective of the story elements? I haven't read Injustice #8, but I didn't anticipate Dick being opposite Bruce in this conflict. That takes his rebellion to a whole new level.

I'm intrigued to see where this is going.

E

BlackCyborg

I am Arkham
Well, while this extensive "dialog" about Black Adam is fascinating, do you think the combatants in the gameplay segments are reflective of the story elements? I haven't read Injustice #8, but I didn't anticipate Dick being opposite Bruce in this conflict. That takes his rebellion to a whole new level.

E
How is he against Batman? You don't think there's going to be fighting amongst same sides? As well as side switching? Nightwing will be on Batman's side...just because they may be shown fighting at some point doesn't mean they aren't on the same team.

After this trailer, I am definately rooting for Lex.

He makes a great anti-hero doing the right things for the wrong reasons, and he backs Batman as the man to get the job done much like he played the Runaways to do his dirty work against the Reach on Young Justice.

I hate how obviously evil they have made Superman here, as tragic as events were. Even Marvel's Civil War had more subtley to the divide than this. Supes is obviously a crazy dictator and anybody who still supports him is either into fascism or a naive idiot.

E
Dick and Bruce have disagreed a number of times. And if Bruce brought in Deathstroke to the Insurgency? I could easily see Dick saying, "You're trusting him?! After all he's done?! I'm done. Good luck, Bruce."

E
Where is the evidence of Dick being opposite of Batman? On the cover of issue 5 he is clearly on Batman's side. Is it because he attacked Green Arrow on the trailer? I have a theory he is undercover due to the strange hair.

IceNine

Tired, But Strong
Where is the evidence of Dick being opposite of Batman? On the cover of issue 5 he is clearly on Batman's side. Is it because he attacked Green Arrow on the trailer? I have a theory he is undercover due to the strange hair.
One theory that I thought of along with a few others (but I personally don't find likely) is that the Regime years Nightwing could be a 5 years older Damian Wayne, whom one does see on Superman's side on the cover in question.

I think that even post-pubery he probably wouldn't fit the build, but it'd be an interesting turn.

I think it is somewhat possible. Dick was a leading member of the Titans for quite a while, and I sincerely think that the significant look he gave Raven in Injustice chapter 8 was to show that someone they both knew, probably a Titan, had died in the Metropolis blast. He could spend a lot of time thinking that Superman's wrong, but starts to see it working and slowly sway to Superman's side. Just a thought.