What's new

Injustice: Gods Among Us: "The Schemes Of Lex Luthor" Trailer + 1st look at "Black Adam"

RYX

BIG PUSHER
The primary reason I'm getting a playable vibe from this is... Well, why even HAVE Black Adam otherwise? He doesn't strike me as the sort of character that would be written into the story because he is just such a necessary building block of the DCU or this particular plot.

That and the heavy handed redesign, of course.
Well why have most of the characters that aren't Batman or Superman? Catwoman and Bane probably aren't going to be integral in the story .

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Because they wanted them to be playable. Which is my point.
They're playable because they're popular(my two mentions specifically, TDKR and Arkham games)

I don't know how known Adam is but if he's fairly popular that's a reason in itself other than them picking favs.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Hopefully he's just in the story bc do we really need superman, shazam, and black adam playable? I don't think so... Lol

Reactions: RYX

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
He does like more tanned than ya usual folk, well i guess he has the Egyptian skin tone, so makes sense

P.S his costume looks pretty detailed to me, especially in comparison with Dr.fates, or Killer Crocs

He does like more tanned than ya usual folk, well i guess he has the Egyptian skin tone, so makes sense

P.S his costume looks pretty detailed to me, especially in comparison with Dr.fates, or Killer Crocs
Killer Croc had his model taken from the Arkham games. They didn't do anything to it in this game.

As for Doctor Fate, it looks like nothing more than his costume on a mannequin.

Black Adam looks detailed enough to be playable or just an enemy in story mode or a mission.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
i think he looks as detailed if not more than Green Arrow, its all fun speculation till we see an official render

and yes i know that about Croc, but Croc is lower pixelated than the others and everyone said that Croc wont be playable due to that and they where right
Killer Croc had his model taken from the Arkham games. They didn't do anything to it in this game.

As for Doctor Fate, it looks like nothing more than his costume on a mannequin.

Black Adam looks detailed enough to be playable or just an enemy in story mode or a mission.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
I forget, have we seen Shazam's alt?

B/c that dude is shooting white lightning at Lex... maybe that's Shazam's regime alt?

Amazon

Noob
I firmly believe that Black Adam is playable. I doubt NRS would have him flying around and shooting lighting and generally being such a prominent feature of the trailer if he wasn't. Hell people barely noticed that Lex was there....Boon has in the past commented about how fast people pick apart these trailers so I'm sure NRS knew exactly what they were doing. The only question left unanswered for me is whether he is a re-skin of Shazam or they designed him differently and he has his own character slot.

I completely agree with you here.

1. The detail is from a fuzzy trailer, so cnat comment too much on "detail" and polygon count.
2. The costume does take some getting used to but overall I like it. He is an "egyptian god-king" type character.
3. Most epygptian men are depicted as bald., im cool with that but if he IS playable i WANT orignal skina nd new 52 adam!
4. One thing i dont undersatnd is why he is on the side of the regime, when shazam is too, makes me think he could be jsut an alt skin.
5. ^ despite all of this, we dont actually KNOW.. and that one magazine article... which mentioned a host of playable characters, including ADAM hasn't led us astray. ( YET)

Amazon

Noob
^ wait... if someon digs up that old pic of four heroes floating above the army.... we couldnt confirm the one on the far right...... who looked bald and a lot like MMH... could it have been Alt shazam/adam?

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Meh... damn.

Guess there goes that idea. I really hope Black Adam isn't playable. It'd be dumb... Superman, Shazam, and Black Adam? Plus that slight possibly of Power Girl since EB wanted ppl to vote on her.

3, potentially, 4 superman characters? Plus WW who is kinda the same too...

MEH

Defenestrator

I do windows
It would have been great if Luthor referred to Superman in his speech as "the alien". I love it when he does that.
"My suspicions about the alien have been proven correct."
"I joined the resistance to put the alien down once and for all."

Amazon

Noob
^ i think characters may have more than one alt skin.... WW has 4 or 5 that we know of already.

1. NRS standard
2. Red Sun
3. New 52
4. Zombie/Blackest night
5. Gold and Red Armour.

Alos, WW is compeltely different in powers/scope and playstyle to supes/adam/shazam, tiara toss, lasso, dive bomb, swrod and shield combo... and the as of yet unsweeen bracelet parry :p

If PG is DLC, then they need to make her markedly diff to supes :-D