What's new

Injustice: Gods Among Us - Playstation Vita Good Games Thread

Protectobot

More Displacer Raiden, please! ;P
Anyone have IJ for Vita and live in Los Angeles or some part of the west coast? I might buy this game soon, but sadly, I wanted the game on Vita mostly for MMH and his awesome overhead teleport! DOH! Someone must hate me. I might settle for playing Supes cos I'm assuming the Ultimate Edition comes with the Oct. 1 patch that nerfed/normalized Supes. I hope MMH isn't op either, but we'll never know if they don't fix him! :'(

Pyronn

Noob
Anyone have IJ for Vita and live in Los Angeles or some part of the west coast? I might buy this game soon, but sadly, I wanted the game on Vita mostly for MMH and his awesome overhead teleport! DOH! Someone must hate me. I might settle for playing Supes cos I'm assuming the Ultimate Edition comes with the Oct. 1 patch that nerfed/normalized Supes. I hope MMH isn't op either, but we'll never know if they don't fix him! :'(
The main issue you need to concern yourself with is the frame rate issue and MMH teleports. Sometimes I have issues dropping combos b/c the frame rate will choke hard on background animations or such. This game needs to be patched :( ... Can't believe quality control let major issues like this loose. I still recommend getting the game, but you'll need patience if you're used to the console version.

xBlaze_13

Y NO CHAMELEON!?
If you plan on playing this version online, please don't pick MMH, he causes a lot of weird lag for some reason. And according to the majority of players on this site, MMH is actaully the best character in the game.

Protectobot

The main issue you need to concern yourself with is the frame rate issue and MMH teleports. Sometimes I have issues dropping combos b/c the frame rate will choke hard on background animations or such. This game needs to be patched :( ... Can't believe quality control let major issues like this loose. I still recommend getting the game, but you'll need patience if you're used to the console version.
Well, to be honest...I've never played this game! I've been waiting since before the console version was released in the hopes that it would one day be on the Vita (or even the 3DS?). I've been studying tourney vids and learning about the game mechanics in the meantime and it looks fun. I was an SF3 player for years and uploaded vids of my mains (mostly mid-tier characters). I wanted to prepare before I encountered online opponents cos I don't want to bore superior players, if I can help it lol. If I had a Vita, I would have risked the mere $40 for the game. I hope that MMH can be patched, as well as the frame rate issue, or even if NR found a way to disable the background destruction; at least for online matches. I prefer d-pads to console joysticks, at least!

If you plan on playing this version online, please don't pick MMH, he causes a lot of weird lag for some reason. And according to the majority of players on this site, MMH is actaully the best character in the game.
MMH is better than Aquaman? I thought it was a tie lol, okies. This game still seems new to me so maybe the approximate tier list will change (it's not like SF4 with so many updates!). If I main Supes instead, would that still be an interesting MU for ppl? I like variety too, of course, so I'm interested in Raven, Batgirl, Catwoman, Bats, and even some of the grapplers :)

Pyronn

Noob
I hope that MMH can be patched, as well as the frame rate issue, or even if NR found a way to disable the background destruction; at least for online matches.

MMH is better than Aquaman? I thought it was a tie lol, okies. This game still seems new to me so maybe the approximate tier list will change. If I main Supes instead, would that still be an interesting MU for ppl? I like variety too, of course, so I'm interested in Raven, Batgirl, Catwoman, Bats, and even some of the grapplers :)
Supes can still be a good player. With any strong character it's all about learning the matchups.

Protectobot

Supes can still be a good player. With any strong character it's all about learning the matchups.
Ah, I was afraid he'd be too good, but that's good thinking also, cos I also want to pick a character that will give a good challenge for anyone online. I thought maybe folks were getting tired of fighting Supes. I saw some tournament players recently lose to MUs that used to be easy for Supes, pre-patch...it was amusing, yet intimidating, so that gave me hope about a dynamic tier list.

I was wondering, in terms of trying to reduce online lag. Aquaman's stage and stages with the least background destruction and interactables are the best stages to pick? I can be very patient about adapting to controls and testing out a game to try to avoid triggering bugs, but I hope the tournament console players just need a little more time to adjust to the Vita controls. If they have trouble, I don't know what my chances would be, since throws and other attacks (MBs or the occasional super?) can't be remapped to different buttons at will, and since I read that the analog stick gets in the way of the d-pad. I know someone who plays USF4 using the analog stick...that's just beyond me!

Pyronn

Noob
I saw some tournament players recently lose to MUs that used to be easy for Supes, pre-patch...it was amusing, yet intimidating, so that gave me hope about a dynamic tier list.
- NRS basically gimped his F23 combo string, and that allowed for pressure. It doesn't mean that this combo doesn't work anymore, it's just not as effective as it used to be.

I was wondering, in terms of trying to reduce online lag. Aquaman's stage and stages with the least background destruction and interactables are the best stages to pick? I can be very patient about adapting to controls and testing out a game to try to avoid triggering bugs, but I hope the tournament console players just need a little more time to adjust to the Vita controls. If they have trouble, I don't know what my chances would be, since throws and other attacks (MBs or the occasional super?) can't be remapped to different buttons at will, and since I read that the analog stick gets in the way of the d-pad. I know someone who plays USF4 using the analog stick...that's just beyond me!
- The controls are fine. The only issue I run into is when I hit square and X together for throws, or to finish a combo with Aquaman (F1, 1+3). You'll get used to it. The only change I had to do was swap Meter Burn with Intractable buttons ( Basically the L and R were swapped ). I like the Meter Burn on the R button since I use it more than intractables.

Protectobot

- NRS basically gimped his F23 combo string, and that allowed for pressure. It doesn't mean that this combo doesn't work anymore, it's just not as effective as it used to be.

- The controls are fine. The only issue I run into is when I hit square and X together for throws, or to finish a combo with Aquaman (F1, 1+3). You'll get used to it. The only change I had to do was swap Meter Burn with Intractable buttons ( Basically the L and R were swapped ). I like the Meter Burn on the R button since I use it more than intractables.
Yeah lol, I hate shoulder buttons! but that doesn't actually sound so bad, thankfully. I always prefer using the R button over L. I don't like pressing or holding buttons while trying to use the d-pad at the same time. It still seems a bit weird that I have to hold down the left shoulder button on the psp if I want to use specials for Supergirl or Martian Manhunter for Justice League Heroes.

I used to have the Sega Nomad, if you remember that system (Toys R Us exclusive originally) and the d-pad was perfect: 6 buttons on the front! That came out in the 90s, so why it was never a duplicated control scheme for later portables is a mystery to me. I'm also not that good at hitting multiple buttons at the same time. Maybe it's cos our fingers aren't all the same length, so one finger reaches a button before the others. I used to hate doing lariats with Zangief in the arcade cos I think you needed to hit 3 buttons together, but on consoles you only needed to use 2, or you could change settings so 1 button was for all 3 punches or 3k :p

Protectobot

I want to start off saying good games to

Biohazard
xBlaze_13
Ksmoke

So far playing this game on the vita seems like you rarely get to play people online because it doesn't connect. You guys are great player, and way better at playing online than me at the moment lol.
Hi again! :D I wanted to mention I saw you online under the leaderboards and wanted to add you, but thought this might be better. I set up my psn user name, Protectobot123 (can't believe my regular name was already taken :p). I'm NEW at the game and just played online for the first time. I got destroyed but I'm learning, I think. Thinking of maining Supes and Bats and trying Grundy for the moment. I'd love to work my way up to playing against your Joker.

xBlaze_13

Y NO CHAMELEON!?
I cant even sign into my psn account due to my password randomly being changed without me knowing at all..............

ThaShiveGeek

Est In Harvey 1989
Hi again! :D I wanted to mention I saw you online under the leaderboards and wanted to add you, but thought this might be better. I set up my psn user name, Protectobot123 (can't believe my regular name was already taken :p). I'm NEW at the game and just played online for the first time. I got destroyed but I'm learning, I think. Thinking of maining Supes and Bats and trying Grundy for the moment. I'd love to work my way up to playing against your Joker.
Wassup my G? I'm down to play anytime. Just send the invite. I just sent you a friend request. I have to charge my Vita at the moment.

Protectobot

Wassup my G? I'm down to play anytime. Just send the invite. I just sent you a friend request. I have to charge my Vita at the moment.
WHOA! thanks! :D I didn't know everyone would reply so fast lol. I thought I should give the forum a chance to breathe since I last saw that my name was the latest reply to half the threads in here O_O I need to get back online. I'm a lil' nervous cos I have a lot of practicing to do. I really wanna prepare a bit before taking on the better players. I just uploaded a Vita gameplay vid against the cpu in the morning. Hopefully I'll get more ppl to join that way. I'm gonna try out a bunch of characters. Maybe some will be easier for me to learn than others...

Protectobot

I cant even sign into my psn account due to my password randomly being changed without me knowing at all..............
YIKES...I guess I should get online again and see if I have that same prob. Sorry to hear that. Is there a solution for this? At the very least, could you make a new account as a replacement? I'm not sure about how the process works...still new to the online gaming thing and psn network in general.

ThaShiveGeek

Est In Harvey 1989
I'm usually asleep by 10:00pm est. I work at 7:00am, so if you can get on around 8:30-10:00 that'll be cool. Got to take care of the kid and Full time job wife :/
One of these days bro. I work two jobs, and all my free time is spent with my girlfriend. I know the feeling. Minus your child lol. I'm off the next two days if we can get some sparring in then.

Protectobot

I must be the ONLY west coast Injustice player these days that has it on the Vita? I'd LOVE to play more online. I work graveyard shifts except W and Th nights, and that means I can play any afternoon or early evening but I don't have wifi at home yet. I have local wifi though so I only need 15-30 minutes advance notice to play!

I hope never playing the game until the Vita version came out (which I always had hoped for...) is not going to make it super-hard for me to give everyone online a decent challenge. Online felt slightly different for doing combos than offline, but I was testing the wifi outdoors and it was cold and rainy so maybe my hands were a little cold and it was affecting my execution lol (but at least over here I don't have to deal with or know what snow is, so I'm lucky).