What's new

Injustice General Discussion

BTW, anyone else notice the stage interaction with one of his combos during that trailer? I wonder if that is universal to all stages or if I'm reading too much into it already. Either way, I liked the new look of that stage to. Good to see something new again.

6 more months to go.
Shouldn't we by now know if the game will feature a tag-team mode? I still need my character team-ups!

Superman + Batman
Batman + Catwoman
Batman + Nightwing
Nightwing + Cyborg
Joker + Harley Quinn

The possibilities are endless!

I would like to see a screenshot of the new character selection with Green Arrow and Catwoman, to check out if my theories on the faction based character select could be right.

CallMeTetris

draxx them sklounst
I would like to see a screenshot of the new character selection with Green Arrow and Catwoman, to check out if my theories on the faction based character select could be right.
Green Arrow's on the left/Superman side, Catwoman's on the right/Batman side.

In the video posted below, around the 10 second mark, Catwoman is shown bending backwards in a way that looks like she could evade projectiles. Are there dodge moves in Injustice?

Yeah, story-spoiler right there!
The evil heroes around Superman and Batman + Nightwing helping out the threatened villains!
Therefore the faction based character select screen :)
Not necessarily. MK's select screen in the retail version looked completely different from the show builds. NRS putting characters on opposing sides may be to simply not have uneven sides. It looks cleaner.

Not necessarily. MK's select screen in the retail version looked completely different from the show builds. NRS putting characters on opposing sides may be to simply not have uneven sides. It looks cleaner.
Well, in MK there are no real factions (besides good and evil characters, but even that doesn't matter that much).
Then when you have other games like the Versus series, you often have characters from one franchise on one side and others on the other side.

NRS splitting the characters on the select screen in Injustice could be totally random, but I hardly doubt that, because of the exact picks of the cast. Batman + Nightwing with the villains on one side and the rogue-went heroes on the other side? It's too obvious to miss it out.

Well, in MK there are no real factions (besides good and evil characters, but even that doesn't matter that much).
Then when you have other games like the Versus series, you often have characters from one franchise on one side and others on the other side.

NRS splitting the characters on the select screen in Injustice could be totally random, but I hardly doubt that, because of the exact picks of the cast. Batman + Nightwing with the villains on one side and the rogue-went heroes on the other side? It's too obvious to miss it out.
I'm actually thinking some of the "villains" will be on Superman's side of the screen. I don't know who, but I doubt there won't be at lease one.

Just saw the deadly bison interview. It caught my interest and I looked up some more NYCC videos and my hype for this game has increased. I just had a few questions and I would greatly appreciate if someone could answer them for me.

What exactly is the control layout?

Hector Sanchez said something about there being crossups. Does that mean that you no longer have to hold a button to block?

How do the combos work? Are they preset combos like in MK?

Although they do not seem like an issue, will it be possible to turn off the environmental weapons?

Thanks is advance

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Just saw the deadly bison interview. It caught my interest and I looked up some more NYCC videos and my hype for this game has increased. I just had a few questions and I would greatly appreciate if someone could answer them for me.

What exactly is the control layout?

Hector Sanchez said something about there being crossups. Does that mean that you no longer have to hold a button to block?

How do the combos work? Are they preset combos like in MK?

Although they do not seem like an issue, will it be possible to turn off the environmental weapons?

Thanks is advance
3 Generic attack buttons and a character specific button similar to Blazblue.
Its hold back to block.
Preset combos.
Not sure yet, they have kinda dodged the question a lot. Have said they will probably be levels with out it though.

3 Generic attack buttons and a character specific button similar to Blazblue.
Its hold back to block.
Preset combos.
Not sure yet, they have kinda dodged the question a lot. Have said they will probably be levels with out it though.
thanks. My interest just went up a little. I'm happy to hear about the control layout and no longer having to press a button to block. I should be able to use a stick for this game. If the combos are like MK then I'm ok with them being preset. I'm glad I have a fighting game to look forward to.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
i think its equally strategic to have Preset Combos,,, it stop alot off randomness, I find in SF its 50 either block high or low, either way you be comboed, when on preset like this and games like Tekken there is Pokes, but for preset Combos, once you know the chars better you know what they can do alot easy and predict it,,, tats also a reason this game does not need fuzzy guarding, you miss your cue suffer the combo haha

More than Likely well by the way the VS screen Looks its gonna have 50 Present Batman Chars, so yes Batman and friends, I hope im wrong

DanableLector

UPR DanableLector
So outside of who has already been confirmed, who seems to be a lock? Theres been a lot of hints that seem to almost guarantee certain characters. The first trailer showed Flash dodging what was likely a captain cold projectile, Super man blasting a guy/mech who is obviously Lex. Who else? I saw a while back Ed boon asked his followers on Twitter who they would rather see. Captain Marvel or Matian Man Hunter, and he actually retweeted Geoff Johns tweet that said "BOTH!".. Leads me to believe at least one, if not both of those makes the roster.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Deathstroke
Aquaman
Captain Marvel/Shazam
Martian Manhunter
Captain Cold
Lex
Doomsday(probably just a unplayable boss)

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Concept art wasn't from this game was it? I thought it was some other studio that had done that.

Still Boon won't stop messing with folks and responding about Aquaman saying if he was in Injustice he would be the most badass Aquaman ever. Sounds like a lock to me.

Concept art wasn't from this game was it? I thought it was some other studio that had done that
Not even a studio.
Just an artist, who did the concept art for Green Lantern and Aquaman, so no leak / confirm there.

But yeah, Aquaman will be in the game for sure.
The rest of the guys Rathalos pick sounds good to me as well. Can't really agree on some of the characters, but ... they're way to important to be left out.

I really, really expect to see Parasite in the game. I don't know. I simply have a feeling.
Lobo and Red Hood will probably make it in, even if it has to be later on as DLC. The fan demand for these two characters seems to be way too big and NRS won't miss out the opportunity to make some extra money.

I would also like to see Apollo and Midnighter in the game, simply because they're kinda badass. But no new 52 inspired suit for Apollo ;-( The old one was so much better.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Anyone hoping for Grifter? He's kind of on a comeback now that they've merged him into the DC proper. He was like the posterchild for the old Wildcats comic series and tv show.

Reedoms

Noob
Anyone hoping for Grifter? He's kind of on a comeback now that they've merged him into the DC proper. He was like the posterchild for the old Wildcats comic series and tv show.
Book is actually getting cancelled pretty soon. Liefeld totally killed it.