What's new

INJUSTICE: GAU Freeze/Trap Reset Mechanic by SimSim

BEENEEWEENEES

Thou shalt be slain!
so wait, is this a glitch where damage scaling resets like in MK9

or are you simply saying "try going for mix-ups with your frame advantage rather than completing the combos"

SimSim

Norwegian Lab-work Champion
so wait, is this a glitch where damage scaling resets like in MK9

or are you simply saying "try going for mix-ups with your frame advantage rather than completing the combos"

Neither I think. It resets the damage if they decide/don't manage to not block after you initiate the mechanic, but that's just because it's a new combo. It's not really "frame advantage" in the usual sense either, as they are frozen/trapped but can be hit at any point during the remaining part of freeze/trap animation, while normal frame advantage would only let you reset the opponent if you hit them after the advantage has run out, and by doing this you would risk the opponent doing a backdash/attack.

7L

Heads up!
7L
This looks pretty interesting. Yo 7l you think we might get more damage off GA ice arrow stuff by using it this way instead of immediately following up?
This is very good, his j2 as stated in threads before can be used as pretty much a 50/50 or where the hell is he landing, style of mix up.

The only thing you have to worry about, if you hit j3 22/11 to ice arrow and attempt to mix them up this way and they block it, you're going to lose a good chunk of damage. I already do max damage in my combos and it will usually take 3-4 freezes to take a round. This would be good if you are down in the 2nd life bar and need a huge combo to come back and just want to risk it.

The freeze to 1 wiff into super for the reset that is inescapable is very useful. Not only can they not clash but you don't have to worry about them backdashing (only if you are late). This opens up many options for other characters. Superman can mix up his air dash to j3. I'm going to test this out with Arrow but I haven't had much time recently due to work.

Great find Sim!

Blind_Man Owerbart kabelfritz @Zoidberg747

This needs to be tested with Raven's MB demon grab :D. It probably won't work as it "freezes" them in the air, but if it does then Raven gets a free unscaled combo after it as you can't block in the air.
well do you know "that weird Little Moment"? the Moment that suppresses the round end Animation if you hit em at it with the last Pixel? probably the first Frame after the reset. might be related to it.