What's new

Injustice - First Look at Competitive Play and Storyline Theory

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
A YouTube user by the name "PacoSlimee" went to PAX Prime and was able to play Injustice multiple times while there. While playing, he took many notes about the game-play. Is this a Mortal Kombat game? No. Is it similar to it in how it plays? Slightly. PaceSlimee describes the game-play as well as certain characters like Nightwing, which he uses in the video below saying that he actually has two move lists. Each move list for when he uses his weapons as either "together" or "separate".

Additionally, he notes the concern with the environments being a possible issue. He expresses the fact that there should be little worry over these objects being an issue in the game as when you're fighting someone... your focus is on your combos and dealing damage, not hunting down an object to use to deal damage to your opponent. Now, not everyone may see it this way, but it's certainly a good perspective.

On to the story-line... PaceSlimme analyzes all of the information we've received so far including especially the trailers. He goes over each one and takes notes... at the end of the video he puts the pieces together in to what very well may be the story-line to Injustice. Do you agree?

Credit: Rathalos Prinzmetal
Source: PaceSlimee

Attachments

The guy does have some good theories. I've seen the gameplay three times already so I didn't bother watching a fourth. I don't know. I still think there's some central enemy that both Lex Luthor and Superman would want to take out that isn't Batman.

Nothing new though.
Most of the stuff we already discussed here on TYM. I would even go as far to say that he read it up here :-|

GGA Wafflez

the kid
"flash is a combo oriented character".... doesnt do one combo. also i would like to see some blocking in a video but i dont think the mk community (at least) will see that till about a month into the game cause.. it's... back to block :(. lol game looks great, glad to hear about the environmental stuff

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
This is the first time I've noticed that Batman's super starts with a smoke bomb. lol

Which I like, but I still think they should incorporate his smoke pellets into a special move as well.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
No one noticed this yet...buuuuuuut...

SHORT HOPS?!?! Omgyes.

EDIT: Okay, I noticed the jumps changed when Nightwing switched to staff stance. So there will definitely be different jump heights.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
This is the first time I've noticed that Batman's super starts with a smoke bomb. lol

Which I like, but I still think they should incorporate his smoke pellets into a special move as well.
Smoke Smoke Smoooooookkkeee

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior

SHORT HOPS?!?! Omgyes.

EDIT: Okay, I noticed the jumps changed when Nightwing switched to staff stance. So there will definitely be different jump heights.
I didn't really notice that. Will watch again!

But, I liked Batman's back and forward dashes! So much better than MK's dashes! lol

SHORT HOPS?!?! Omgyes.

Look at the notes from the Russian dudes. They have tons of info about gameplay mechanics and characters.

Emanuel

Noob
Smoke Smoke Smoooooookkkeee
Did you see the dark knight returns cartoon? In there he has this move where he drops this gigantic smoke screen that has a fear toxin in it. Batmans starts to run into the smoke while you can see batmans shadow kicking every guys butt. They should have a similar move for injustice where Batman throws a smoke bomb and it covers half the screen while you can see the players shadow as he is stunned you could run in and get a quick combo. What you think? Also I think that grapple kick looks like its spammed to much. I still prefer the old Grapple move where he grapples up then lands on the player.

Emanuel

Noob
Am I the only one who thinks all these Super moves should be finishers? Because I am going to get tired of people using the same Super move over and over.....Who wants to see Superman punch a guy into space 2 or 3 times during a match only to see them get back up again and brush it off.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
If this game is like kingdom come and time elements are involved somehow liek I've heard alluded to about the story then MAGOG needs to be in this. Staff user, shoots beams, strong and durable, large hitbox. Also The Ray because who else will keep Kansas from being irradiated once Captain Atom is ripped apart and nukes it?

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I really want to see good players playing this game. :confused: