What's new

Injustice - Exclusive GameStop Red Son Costumes and Story for Superman, Wonder Woman, Solomon Grundy

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Ho shit, this is the first time I've ever wanted to pre-order anything from Gamestop. I fucking LOVE Red Son. Looks really interesting.
I agree, Red Son is Super badass and I think I might want to pre-order from gamestop. Unless somewhere else does The Dark Knight Returns Batman/Joker...then it's over.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I can almost guarantee this will be exclusive for a month or two, and nothing more. I'm not getting RE6 from gamestop for "the exclusive catacombs level" for mercenaries but I'm not worried because I'll be getting it eventually. All the mk9 "exclusive" costumes are available for all, so this would be no different. Hopefully they don't charge for it. Never heard of Red Son, but the only comic I'm reading right now is Suicide Squad. How is commie Supes? lol

Oh almost forgot: Reedoms.
IMO, Red Son was the best Superman story...either that or Earth One. They are both godlike, for serial...also Suicide Squad is the shit.

CptXecution

Brain Dead Bro
I can almost guarantee this will be exclusive for a month or two, and nothing more. I'm not getting RE6 from gamestop for "the exclusive catacombs level" for mercenaries but I'm not worried because I'll be getting it eventually. All the mk9 "exclusive" costumes are available for all, so this would be no different. Hopefully they don't charge for it. Never heard of Red Son, but the only comic I'm reading right now is Suicide Squad. How is commie Supes? lol

Oh almost forgot: Reedoms.
Well have fun paying for them then if you don't spend a measly $5 before game comes out. You're spending the $60 anyways (64.19) after tax, so what logical reasoning do you have to not pre-order it?

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
Well have fun paying for them then if you don't spend a measly $5 before game comes out. You're spending the $60 anyways (64.19) after tax, so what logical reasoning do you have to not pre-order it?
I didn't realize that gamestop has a monopoly on all video game sales.

CptXecution

Brain Dead Bro
I didn't realize that gamestop has a monopoly on all video game sales.
Actually if you want to be a smart ass, it's the closest thing to a monopoly when it comes to video game sales. Over 75% of new game sales come from Gamestop, yes that's more than Wal-Mart, Target, Best Buy and EVERYONE combined. Your comment made no sense, I'm asking your reasoning to NOT pre-ordering a game you're going to buy on release date anyways? It's free stuff regardless if it comes out later or not, you're going to have to pay for it later if you don't if you want it. Why cry about free stuff?

Killphil

Actually if you want to be a smart ass, it's the closest thing to a monopoly when it comes to video game sales. Over 75% of new game sales come from Gamestop, yes that's more than Wal-Mart, Target, Best Buy and EVERYONE combined. Your comment made no sense, I'm asking your reasoning to NOT pre-ordering a game you're going to buy on release date anyways? It's free stuff regardless if it comes out later or not, you're going to have to pay for it later if you don't if you want it. Why cry about free stuff?
I'm not, my smart ass comment was to inform you that maybe I get my games from another source? Gamestop won't be the only place with a preorder deal. If you must know, I simply don't like gamestop, and find it much easier ordering from amazon. Can I not have my own way of doing things? Logical enough for you?

CptXecution

Brain Dead Bro
I'm not, my smart ass comment was to inform you that maybe I get my games from another source? Gamestop won't be the only place with a preorder deal. If you must know, I simply don't like gamestop, and find it much easier ordering from amazon. Can I not have my own way of doing things? Logical enough for you?
This article is on the GAMESTOP pre-order so your answer wasn't logical. I never said you had to buy from Gamestop, I was just staying on topic.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Brings up an interesting point though...didn't a bunch of stores have different pre-order stuff for MK9? Like outfits or something? I know Marvel did. I wonder if more costume packs will be offered up elsewhere and if so what story arcs they will represent. I'm hoping for some Flashpoint stuff for Batman and the rest.

Killphil

Brings up an interesting point though...didn't a bunch of stores have different pre-order stuff for MK9? Like outfits or something? I know Marvel did. I wonder if more costume packs will be offered up elsewhere and if so what story arcs they will represent. I'm hoping for some Flashpoint stuff for Batman and the rest.
EXACTLY. So it doesn't matter if I don't "pay" for this set of costumes when they may be releasing others for preording elsewhere. In the end, a full content pack could be released which you would have to pay for anyway. Thats what they did with the classic costumes(the ones that came with pre-ordering). In the end, this "free" stuff probably won't be free at all.

shaowebb

BTW anyone else noticing Wonder Woman is looking more womanly in that picture? I think they noticed the feedback and softened her jaw some on her model and enhanced her amount of eye shadow and lip fullness.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
BTW anyone else noticing Wonder Woman is looking more womanly in that picture? I think they noticed the feedback and softened her jaw some on her model and enhanced her amount of eye shadow and lip fullness.
Yes she does, but this is just a painting. The real problem is her ingame model.

shaowebb

No way is that a painting. It might be shopped versions of the model since it was definitely something they had to crop into a background they made for their ad, but its less work to change the model than you think. Also Superman's head looks a bit different on the face too.

You can change in game model faces pretty easily actually. You use things called blend shapes to make all the mouth shapes and facial contortions you need for talking and phoneme's in either Maya, or 3DS max or the equivalent. Basically, what you do is clone the polygons for the head and stretch them into different positions by tugging on the vertices and then you can sort of select the new heads and the old one and then tell the model that these are all the same states for just one head. It stores the other head shapes you made and then you just setup controllers and sliders control their face with during animations. All those animations are then loaded into your game engine.

Long story short, you can contort someone's head polygons into a ton of different looks without affecting the texture negatively so long as the number of polygons doesn't change. I'm betting they got their feedback and went into her texture map in photoshop and brushed in some better makeup for the eyes and mouth and went into her model and tucked the vertices back some along the jawline and pulled out the polygons on her lips some more. Thing is her neck is super narrow. I know her hair make's up for it, but its kind of thin given how broad her shoulders are. When you draw women its usually 2.5 head widths from shoulder to shoulder for women and 3 to 3.5 for broad...she's nearly at 4.

Sorry, I got lost in the technical there for a moment but its kind of my profession now that I'm out of school.