What's new

Injustice E3 Demo Today on GameSpot Stream 5-6PM PST

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Superman looks fun, he seems to have two different command grabs.
One causes a slight "cinematic" look, like what MK9 originally did before it was taken out for some reason.

Also does the hit detection seem different to anyone else? It's kinda hard to explain, but like in MK9 when you used strings or normals it never really looked like you were actually hitting your opponent, but in this the few punch's and kicks we have seen have been clean hits, almost as if they were magnatized to the opponent. That's probably the wrong term to use as it implies something else, but its all I could think of.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
normally when you wager somthing you dont get it back if you loose the wager
It might be flawed, as if you have more meter, you will always win the wager.

But, I suppose you could always lose all your meter for betting it all, and the opponent loses none, over a clash.

So, I guess this could be good, but, it depends on what the clash actually grants.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
So, I guess this could be good, but, it depends on what the clash actually grants.
That one article implied that your get your health back from the damage you took from the combo. Sounds kinda crazy.

But ya, the mechanic is going to need a LOT of play testing.

testyourpatience

Ya'll stingy
this clash and interactive environments stuff sounds crazy. reminds me of the instant kill death traps in the 3D MKs only a tad balanced.
i wonder if they're trying to just make a fun fighting game rather than a competitive one because that might be a nice change.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
I guess the good news is that they're working out the kinks so you don't see Superman knock you into space 10 times in a match. Boon also said that they very well have a mode where the gimmicks are turned off. Like bashing cars and what not.

The only thing that worries me right now is the clash system...wtf should I have to bet meter...I earned that shit. If I don't use it all I'm taking damage...smh...that can cause problems in the competitive field.
He said... they MAY... have one stage without the environmental stuff.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
If this game isn't going to be very tournament viable = getting it on the WiiU, because fuck you.

If it is? I'll get it on the PS3.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
It can be simple enough.

Possible scenario:

If the opponent has two bars, If I have 4 Bars but, I have just taken 50% damage from an opponent mid combo, and the opponent has spent 2 bars to get that combo damage, I can clash before the combo ends, bid 3 bars, win the clash and get my health back but still have one bar more than the opponent.

This dynamic is genius. If it is used in breakers it will be excellent.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
It can be simple enough.

Possible scenario:

If the opponent has two bars, If I have 4 Bars but, I have just taken 50% damage from an opponent mid combo, and the opponent has spent 2 bars to get that combo damage, I can clash before the combo ends, bid 3 bars, win the clash and get my health back but still have one bar more than the opponent.

This dynamic is genius. If it is used in breakers it will be excellent.
There are a lot of possibilities with this. We are of the same mind glue...however if they do that 50% damage yet end it with an "unbreakable" option, you keep your meter yet eat the damage...or ...

Hell I don't know. This is gonna be crazy!