What's new

Injustice - Comic Issue #9 is out, Introduces 'Ares God of War'

I like the idea that Wonder Woman gets with weaker dudes like Steve Trevor or Batman.

She's the alpha bitch in the relationship after all.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
I just think it's a little messed that she's all "I'll get with Superman and have a child" and Superman has just lost the love of his life... and his child.

Oh hell, how messed up would it be if Super-baby survived?! I mean he is a little super-fetus so who knows?

In-game boss anyone? EDIT: Not as a baby, obviously, but like a Super-powered pissed off uh.. kid or something? I mean Joker was operating on Lois before she died...

Oh god I'm actually liking this theory more and more...

Guys...while it's obvious she cares for him, she also flat-out states that she'll be "whatever he needs [her] to be". She isn't saying that she's going with him because she wants his super-baby. She's made it pretty clear that she thinks what he's doing is the only way to secure peace.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
Guys...while it's obvious she cares for him, she also flat-out states that she'll be "whatever he needs [her] to be". She isn't saying that she's going with him because she wants his super-baby. She's made it pretty clear that she thinks what he's doing is the only way to secure peace.
Oh like to stop him going over the edge sort of thing? Like marrying him/being by his side or whatever so he can be best Supes he could possibly be?

Oh like to stop him going over the edge sort of thing? Like marrying him/being by his side or whatever so he can be best Supes he could possibly be?
Never said she was thinking rationally...she is a woman. j/k! Seriously though, Wonder Woman has powers almost equal to Superman if not as equal. She's never shied away from doing what is necessary. She'll kill a fucker if she absolutely has to. So I can easily imagine her constantly wondering why someone as powerful as her, or possibly more so, and obviously not human would constantly try to fit into human moral codes. Hence the "You'll say what I've been waiting for you to say since I first saw you" line. Do I think she's right? No. But then, she's always been a little biased against mankind. In a way, I can't blame her, but it is rather annoying that she doesn't give mankind the benefit of the doubt.

However. Something has been bugging me since Chapter 4. Flash says that with as much radiation that's in Metropolis, "Superman's the one guy who can stand at ground zero. No one else can really enter without..." Without what? And then we see that Wonder Woman steps in. What is going on there, then?

EGGXI

Scary Bat
However. Something has been bugging me since Chapter 4. Flash says that with as much radiation that's in Metropolis, "Superman's the one guy who can stand at ground zero. No one else can really enter without..." Without what? And then we see that Wonder Woman steps in. What is going on there, then?
I think that's just showing how powerful/durable she is and Barry sort of forgot. I don't think it's significant of anything, if he had finished it probably would have been "...dying/getting cancer/bursting into flame"

What's bugging me is that surgery scene in the sub, what was Joker doing to Lois before she died? I reckon the Super-child of Lois and Clark lives...

I think that's just showing how powerful/durable she is and Barry sort of forgot. I don't think it's significant of anything, if he had finished it probably would have been "...dying/getting cancer/bursting into flame"

What's bugging me is that surgery scene in the sub, what was Joker doing to Lois before she died? I reckon the Super-child of Lois and Clark lives...
He was implanting her with the trigger. She was still alive up until Clark took her into orbit thinking she was Doomsday. And when her heart stopped, the trigger activated and vaped Metropolis.

IceNine

Tired, But Strong
I hate "Trinity shipping", but in Wonder Woman's defense she is handling her feelings for Superman very responsibly, and respectfully. She's giving him space instead of trying to catch him on the rebound, and outright states that any relationship will be on his terms with the "whatever he needs me to be" line.

I hate "Trinity shipping", but in Wonder Woman's defense she is handling her feelings for Superman very responsibly, and respectfully. She's giving him space instead of trying to catch him on the rebound, and outright states that any relationship will be on his terms with the "whatever he needs me to be" line.
Agreed. Though I have always felt that, at least physically speaking, Wonder Woman was the better match for Supes. I still don't understand how he didn't rip Lois apart.

Glass Sword

Nobody
Lets not forget Aries is the god of brutal war and horses. So, the joke was is if there was no war the only thing he would have dominion over would be horses. As for why she said ponies well that is up to debate (probably to make it sound more childish). Also if there was no more war Athena would be out of luck as well since there would be no war, kinda. At least she would have wisdom to have rule over.
Edit: Poseidon was the patron of horses (a little rusty since it has been several years since I studied the myths) so I have no idea why they chose ponies.
I really like the look of Ares. I'll give him a shake when the game comes out. It is not helping my friend is blitzing through all the old God of War games in the other rooms.
What will make or break my final approval of Ares in Injustice for me is who his voice actor is. The more ham Ares is the better.

PoweredbyProtein

Eternal student
I still hope that Ares will play like Nightmare from the Soul Calibur series.
Give him a huge ass sword for some reason and very damaging moves, some telekinesis fields and I'm good.
Of all the playstyles he could have, you want him to be the generic, boring, character that swings around a large sword? I'm honestly suprised.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
Of all the playstyles he could have, you want him to be the generic, boring, character that swings around a large sword? I'm honestly suprised.
In this game, it's not exactly generic. Everyone else is fist/range/gadgets/grapple/speed. So a long reaching power character (okay maybe Aquaman & trident)? I'd be interested, plus some other unique gameplay mechanics hopefully... I'm interested to see what they'll do with him...

PoweredbyProtein

Eternal student
In this game, it's not exactly generic. Everyone else is fist/range/gadgets/grapple/speed. So a long reaching power character (okay maybe Aquaman & trident)? I'd be interested, plus some other unique gameplay mechanics hopefully... I'm interested to see what they'll do with him...
So since we have a cast of characters with interesting playstyles, putting a generic one in will be good because ... What? I don't even.....

Why would the God of War play like a brute that uses raw strength to win. If anything, he should have a playstyle that displays the cruelty, experience, and skill that he's gained over the ages past. Anything NRS does for him will be better than "Idiot that uses a big sword"

EGGXI

Scary Bat
Being big and having a sword does not automatically make an idiot. And as I said, it's not a generic playstyle in this game, granted it is in many others. I just thought it would be good to have as many varying playstyles as possible thus making tactics/online play more interesting.

Not trying to be a dick, but what kind of playstyle is cruelty really? Like I get brutality of some of the stronger characters, but I don't really know how cruelty would play out? I agree with the experience thing totally, using various weaponry/fight styles (preferably not guns but that's just me), some one else said it better than me by describing how Vandal Savage might play when I thought it was a bad idea. But strength isn't exactly a lousy idea for a god, although we do have a lot of GDLK strength guys like Bane, Wonder Woman, Superman, Grundy, Shazam, Doomsday & maybe Black Adam too... so I can see where you are coming from.

I could see him play something like kratos in MK9 where he have one main weapon and in his specials he would be using difference weapons.

Well, I personally would like him to wield a sword and have sword-based normals. Other than that he should go fully out obviously, but I didn't state something like that, because my expectations are low.
Why? Of all the playstyles Green / Yellow Lantern could have in Injustice, he is a generic, boring character that swings around with claws.

Your point? How is he a generic boring character? Please specify.
Visually Green Lantern and Sinestro should be the most stunning characters, because of their respective power set.
Does it look like Green Lantern and Sinestro are that way? In my eyes, they're not. Visually I find Shazam to be more attractive and judging by their powers GL and Sinestro should be vastly superior in terms of creativity and the WOW effect.

PoweredbyProtein

Eternal student
Being big and having a sword does not automatically make an idiot. And as I said, it's not a generic playstyle in this game, granted it is in many others.
I'm not being literal about the idiot thing. If you play Soul Calibur you notice that nightmare relies on brute force to overpower and crush his enemies. Fighting styles such as that usually come with the negative connotation of not being too bright.
I just thought it would be good to have as many varying playstyles as possible thus making tactics/online play more interesting.
That can be done by giving him any interesting playstyle, and not some generic style that doesn't even fit the character.

Not trying to be a dick, but what kind of playstyle is cruelty really? Like I get brutality of some of the stronger characters, but I don't really know how cruelty would play out?
From that statement I assume you haven't played Tekken; the sounds and visuals for attacks are certainly cruel:
  • Jin's Tsunami toss, which involves him breaking your arms and then swinging you like a ragdoll into the ground, breaking it, and twisting the opponents neck.
  • Bryan. Examples would be when he punches the enemy in the gut, causing them to curl over like a puppet with cut strings as they flail on his fists for a few moments and he tosses them away, or in his win animation when he pounds the opponents unconscious body as the camera zooms out and we just he laughter and squishing noises.
  • Marduk's, King's, Armor King's and Dragnov's numerous moves. They usually involve breaking numerous bones slowly, going ham on them while their still stunned, breaking more bones, and repeating the process; because that isn't overkill or anything. But hey. They never know, they could be fighting zombies.
I agree with the experience thing totally, using various weaponry/fight styles (preferably not guns but that's just me), some one else said it better than me by describing how Vandal Savage might play when I thought it was a bad idea. But strength isn't exactly a lousy idea for a god, although we do have a lot of GDLK strength guys like Bane, Wonder Woman, Superman, Grundy, Shazam, Doomsday & maybe Black Adam too... so I can see where you are coming from.
That would be good.

I'm not saying he shouldn't have strength. I'm saying he shouldn't be the character that just swings around a large sword and overpowers people.