What's new

Injustice Briefly Explored by Gootecks and Mike Ross

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
ROFL
Also the whole Wesker Xfactor joke is pretty stupid considering 1) wesker isn't top 5 and 2) people learned to adapt and counter it. But its cool making baseline statements about a game you know nothing about.
I agree with everything you said except this. To this one statement I retort...YOU ARE OUT OF YOUR MIND!!!

I agree with everything you said except this. To this one statement I retort...YOU ARE OUT OF YOUR MIND!!!
ECT4 top 16
1. AGE|Fanatiq (Magneto, Storm, Sentinel)
2. EG|Justin Wong (Spencer, Vergil, Frank West)
3. MH|RayRay (Ryu, Magneto, Sentinel)
4. coL.cc|Filipino Champ (Magneto, Dr. Doom, Phoenix | Others)
5. FC|NYChrisG (Morrigan, Dr. Doom, Akuma)
5. coL.cc|Combofiend (She-Hulk, Taskmaster, Spencer)
7. AG|MarlinPie (C. Viper, Dr. Doom, Amaterasu)
7. RyRy (Wesker, Dr. Doom, Magneto | Others)

Not a single wesker in the anchor position, and only 1 wesker team in top8.

NWM
1. coL.cc|Filipino Champ (Magneto, Dr. Doom, Phoenix)
2. CVPR|PR Balrog (Wolverine, Dante, Vergil)
3. EG|Ricky Ortiz (Wolverine, Wesker, Akuma)
4. Soup (Dormammum Wesker, Akuma)
5. Rowtron (Magneto, Chun-Li, Sentinel)
5. SRKUW|Darryn (Nova, Spencer, Hawkeye)
7. Thai Vega (Zero, Dr. Doom, Dormammu)
7. Cam (Thor, Hulk, Dormammu)
0 Weskers in the anchor position and only 2 wesker in top 8.
Wesker being top 5 was just FOTM. As the game evolved people found hard counters to him.
Top 5 char atm are 1) Zero 2) Viper 3) Vergil 4) Spencer 5) Magneto

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
ECT4 top 16
1. AGE|Fanatiq (Magneto, Storm, Sentinel)
2. EG|Justin Wong (Spencer, Vergil, Frank West)
3. MH|RayRay (Ryu, Magneto, Sentinel)
4. coL.cc|Filipino Champ (Magneto, Dr. Doom, Phoenix | Others)
5. FC|NYChrisG (Morrigan, Dr. Doom, Akuma)
5. coL.cc|Combofiend (She-Hulk, Taskmaster, Spencer)
7. AG|MarlinPie (C. Viper, Dr. Doom, Amaterasu)
7. RyRy (Wesker, Dr. Doom, Magneto | Others)

Not a single wesker in the anchor position, and only 1 wesker team in top8.

NWM
1. coL.cc|Filipino Champ (Magneto, Dr. Doom, Phoenix)
2. CVPR|PR Balrog (Wolverine, Dante, Vergil)
3. EG|Ricky Ortiz (Wolverine, Wesker, Akuma)
4. Soup (Dormammum Wesker, Akuma)
5. Rowtron (Magneto, Chun-Li, Sentinel)
5. SRKUW|Darryn (Nova, Spencer, Hawkeye)
7. Thai Vega (Zero, Dr. Doom, Dormammu)
7. Cam (Thor, Hulk, Dormammu)
0 Weskers in the anchor position and only 2 wesker in top 8.
Wesker being top 5 was just FOTM. As the game evolved people found hard counters to him.
Top 5 char atm are 1) Zero 2) Viper 3) Vergil 4) Spencer 5) Magneto
Almost all of those teams had either Doom or Magneto or both in them, the rest seems to just be player preference and as good as Viper is I don't see her as top 5, anyways this is off topic though if you want to discuss further feel free to pm me or write on my profile.

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
My main team has been Wesker/Sentinel/Dormammu since the game came out, but I also do Wesker/Dormammu/Nemesis and ChunLi/Wesker/Chris, which is an INSANELY fun team.

Wesker's overhype is finally dying... I've always played him just because he's fun to play. Also, Nemesis anchor = megafun.

MVC3 came out and, intellectually, I thought it was a bad game - it kind of is, design-wise. The game-defining mechanic makes insane comebacks possible and basically throws a wrench into everything I think is fair in a fighting game. But man, whenever my friends and I sit around, throwing back beers and shots and just trying to brutally curbstomp each other... damn is it ridiculously fun. It's just so hype, and there's something hilariously satisfying about making an insane x-factor comeback while all of your friends are yelling.

I've changed my mind now - MVC3 is good. Games are supposed to be really fun, right? Well, this game can be really stupid but its also really fun. So on that merit, I've decided its good.

</rant>

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
My main team has been Wesker/Sentinel/Dormammu since the game came out, but I also do Wesker/Dormammu/Nemesis and ChunLi/Wesker/Chris, which is an INSANELY fun team.

Wesker's overhype is finally dying... I've always played him just because he's fun to play. Also, Nemesis anchor = megafun.

MVC3 came out and, intellectually, I thought it was a bad game - it kind of is, design-wise. The game-defining mechanic makes insane comebacks possible and basically throws a wrench into everything I think is fair in a fighting game. But man, whenever my friends and I sit around, throwing back beers and shots and just trying to brutally curbstomp each other... damn is it ridiculously fun. It's just so hype, and there's something hilariously satisfying about making an insane x-factor comeback while all of your friends are yelling.

I've changed my mind now - MVC3 is good. Games are supposed to be really fun, right? Well, this game can be really stupid but its also really fun. So on that merit, I've decided its good.

</rant>
Mash happy 3 is a party, random, scruby, xfactor, broken, inescapable fun bullshit.

Temp

Salmon. Otters. The Bringer.
I got to meet Mike Ross at Texas Showdown and talked MK with him. He was cool as fuck. How ever much you guys THINK he doesn't like MK, he feels just as dissatisfied (perhaps more) with SFxT.

And as others have stated, Mike Ross and Gootecks have done so much for the FGC. Before 2011, playing competitively meant playing SF4, Tekken, or BlazBlue (MvC2 was still on its last legs, I believe). The players of those communities laid down the architecture for the grass root tournaments we have benefit of participating in. Have a little bit more respect.

Espio

Kokomo
Why is everyone so quick to be mean lately?

Anyways, I don't know anything about the two gents, but I do remember Gootecks doing videos with Tom Brady earlier in the life of MK9, these guys are simply offering their first impressions...kind of confused where the hate is coming from to be honest.

Also, it really is dumb to see people bash games so hard. Street Fighter, MK, Soul Calibur, Blazblue, Tekken, Virtua Fighter, etc. are all great games, they just appeal to different people's tastes.

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
Ok, I make one passive statement about "level 4 x-factor" wesker and it just starts a chain reaction. Don't assume I know nothing of what I say. Anyone who plays umvc3 should of taken that as a joke or at least partial merit. I've been over umvc3, its a casual amusement game for me now. I still rape face with wesker, hence the joke I made.