What's new

Injustice Accomodations at East Coast Majors

Riyo

Noob
My only issue is having people gathered at the start of their pools. Understandable that they have other games to play so let em rock first. But sometimes there are open stations for hours but can't progress in pools cause we dunno where the hell that person went so we definitely need a megaphone or access to the microphone cause sometimes we can't find the person with the mic so we end up running around with our heads chopped off.

So if we can get thru pools at an efficient rate then we can enjoy casuals longer.

Mrgrgr!

I repeat @Emperor DMS

Guaranteed sound at stations

I bring an astro mix headphone amp w me from home just to guarantee myself sound (and I bring a splitter for my opponent) but I shouldn't have to. I'm not asking for astro mix amps everywhere, there are far cheaper options .

Also I'd ask Kombat network (using them for example Phil, shock, etc) TO GET PAID DAMNT because look at the way I do

THEY ARE RUNNING YOUR TOURNAMENT FOR FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

This business model sucks. I'm a 100% believer that if myself or KN or GGA or whoever is running the tournament solely (providing CPUs, mixers, laptops, projectors, screen, Internet 4g, headphone amps etc and running brackets and seeding etc etc) they shouldn't be doing it for free

Back to the sound issue

Imagine Going to a movie theatre paying $50.00 and having no sound

Also I feel just as strongly about the players and what THEY must come with

Players should be required:
Own pad or their own stick
Own converter
Own headphones

t
Trust me shock and what not. dont do it for free on purpose and If you want more info, it can be discussed elseware.

and the controller thing is something that we have been doing after TFC. We as TO's will DQ anyone if they are called to a match and they are not prepared to play within 5 mins. We are not here to baby you. You guys know by now what system it will be played on. We will not provide you with controllers because its not our responsibility to make sure you are able to play.

pherleece

Woolay
to add to this, i hate when i have to wait over 20mins for a player to play 1 other game.

example from NEC: Masta CJ we waited almost 30 mins for him. @SonicFox5000 is the only player i know who plays more than 1 game (he plays like 3 or more different games) who actually only take 5-15mins tops to play his match

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Last year was the first year in my 12+ years in the FGC that I ever received any kind of money for running events and I was paid by multiple TOs. So the answer is yes, but the answer is also, I still haven't made as much as I've put in, and I've put in a LOT, many of you have absolutely and completely no idea just how much I do for this community still, and people somehow complain that I drill it in too much. those of you who do, I thank you for your understanding. So remember, for over 90% of my FGC life I have done this for free because I was building a community, with the help of others of course. Once MK9 came around, and streaming really started taking off, things started changing and the following year, more and more people started getting paid because this shit has actually turned into legit WORK. 48 to 72 hours of a week 6,times, maybe more for some a year, dedicated to the needs of hundreds of people. In addition the main TOs do so much work outside the majors, including people like myself who are community leaders.

KN run events do have:
At least 5 setups available per game (4 to 5 Xbox 360s, most have some costumes, one has many, one has almost everything which we use for the stream) in addition to anything the TO or staff may provide, this goes for Injustice or MK9. For 2D Games the only way we can provide multiple setups is by also running them partially through MKAK and a main setup through emulation. (the future may still yet hold entirely PS2 accessible super gun with video out for 2D)

We supply 11 Asus Monitors. These have to be shared amongst the games we run. Lately it's been 5 to 7 injustice, a couple MK9 and the a UMK3 and MKII setup because we always have players for those games, and many times players who travel a great distance to come play legendary players who still attend tournaments.

We also have 10 sets of speakers. They all work. Sometimes staff plug them into the wrong jack, or the volume on the monitors gets turned down which will also bring the speaker volume down. I check this stuff at every single tournament the night before and players still mess with stuff.

We also supply 10 sets of basic stereo audio splitters for headphones which are not the best, but it does work. As for the stream setup, I have fixed the issue with my Triton headsets and they now work. There was an issue with them at TCC where the audio volume just wasn't high enough no matter what we did but this doesn't change the fact that my subwoofer and speakers for the stream is EXTREMELY loud, so loud that it shakes the cord loose and sometimes unplugs the subwoofer. Shit's old, yeah, we replaced them with these lava lamp looking speakers.

The stream is also run with some of the best equipment, ensuring the players the very least disturbance in gameplay, using the most minimal number of steps to get to their screen.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
For years at Big E events the MK players got their own room, starting with Summer Jam 2010, where we sort of shared a room with anime but they didn't really take up much space. Since that day we have very often run TWO projector setups (using the wall and a ghetto stand of boxes generally that no one ever complained about), one for MKII and one for UMK3, then it turned into 1 for MK9 and 1 for 2D, and in fact at 2 Big E events we streamed both MK9 and 2D MK simultaneously on two stream channels. the issue at NEC was because there were too many people crowding around the stream setup and we couldn't get something in to set the projector on. It was there the entire time next to the stand waiting to be set up.

Again, a dedicated room allows that to happen. Even in that situation, players still aren't always happy because they feel we are cut off. I'd rather have our own room to be honest but at some of these events we can't. There have been a handful of issues with bandwidth where we ran into trouble, and people made it seem like it happens all the time. I outlined a list of something like 20+ events we streamed in a 12 month period and a few of them had legit problems that almost couldn't be resolved but that was it. KN are f'n pioneers and innovators of tournaments and streaming for the community. For anyone who is wondering, yes, I currently have 4G backup for WB on reserve.

Big E has for the most part always had confidence in us to handle our own stuff, I can see how players sort of look at that the wrong way, but you must remember, we started in 2001 with single digit 2D turnouts. I remember in 2007, JetPhi invited me to run UMK3 at EvoEast in CT, he took it upon himself, so when I got there, I wasn't even sure if I was going to have a place to setup my equipment which then consisted of a TV, Xbox 360, two sticks, and a video camera. Today I bring like $10K worth of equipment to each event. I stood around for a long while waiting for just a single table to setup, along with about 14 or so UMK3 players who showed up.

Last edited:

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
-Early Top 8 times despite having 3rd highest entrants
just noticed this now but not to be a wise ass or anything im pretty sure blazblue had a stupid amount of entrents, like over 40 teams for the main 3v3, which is 120+. we had more than that? im just wondering what injustice entrants are looking like.

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
just noticed this now but not to be a wise ass or anything im pretty sure blazblue had a stupid amount of entrents, like over 40 teams for the main 3v3, which is 120+. we had more than that? im just wondering what injustice entrants are looking like.

Ask Big E for exact numbers, as I'm not sure.

Last edited:

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
@Shock @Mikemetroid do you guys have numbers? im going to see if i can get bb numbers from stickbug, im just curious. not that it changes anything.
As for the stream schedule, I think you need to talk to Spooky as well, I'm sure he knows how to run his shit but if we can get on later and you guys want that, maybe it's possible.
NEC Injustice did not have more than 16 players per bracket, and there were 8 pools so at most it was 128, I think it was like 124.

Edit: TFC and Summer Jam both had around 124 now that I researched.

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
My biggest gripe is they push preregistration so much but they dont consider real life things happening at the last minute. I feel like if you Prereg and dont show up at least give venue fee back to the person. And put the game money into the pot. Thats my biggest issue and i think more people would prereg if they knew they would get some money back if life decided to kick them in the face and stop them from showing.
This 100 times. It should be a no-brainer considering we live in the northeast and it's winter.

Headphone jacks would be fantastic.

Publicly displayed brackets in order so we have an idea of when our next match will be? Is this a viable thing or too annoying for TOs?

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
Also as a heads up my comment was not just a shot at Big E. I have never been to a Big E event yet but my comment for each tournament organizer. I understand the push for preregistering. It means you are able to make early brackets so games can be done on time. I also understand why you would take in late entrants. But if people really want people to be okay with pregreg then giving money back should be a thing if life says fuck you. A good example. lets say your driving to the event and you get into a crash or your car dies. Your fucked. 50 bucks down the drain. I understand that there can be an issue with giving money back and fixing brackets. Although i would say you could treat it like if they dont show up give venue fee back and they lose the match. Although an issue is that people could sneak in then get their money back cause they "didnt show up"

This 100 times. It should be a no-brainer considering we live in the northeast and it's winter.

Headphone jacks would be fantastic.

Publicly displayed brackets in order so we have an idea of when our next match will be? Is this a viable thing or too annoying for TOs?
they had a schedule for each pool at TFC and who was in each pool

TylerLantern

POWER OF FEAR
How about giving everyone a stick of deodorant before they enter the tournament room? (Half joking.... seriously people, I know for a damn fact you all have showers in your hotel rooms....)

Okay okay, not really a Big E problem, but I'm speaking up.

This is no joke. They were handing out Speed Stick at MLG Raleigh. I am sure all employees were very happy about the sponsoring of Speed Stick because after being at some of the tournaments I have been to, some ganers smell like baskets full of ass. I don't see why it is so hard for some to shower daily.