What's new

Injustice 2's Biggest Downfalls, which could be easily fixed

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Oh my, I'm glad everyone else has the same input issues, I thought it was me.

I hate getting command grabs, up gunshots, up whips and up shield tosses.
Getting D1~up shield instead of D12~MB shield toss is the worst thing ever, it happens a lot and it has made me lost a lot of matches.

Thank god I don't play Ivy, she is easily the most affected character by the input issue.

Shaka

Tier Whore.
No issues with PB with me, simple block an attack then pushblock. it requires a better timing but nothing serious.

Players that want PB to be B+MB they just want to be mashing it before the attack even connects lol.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
I think my main want is probably unpopular, but I would like a mode that allows GEAR MOVES but dose not use GEAR STATS.

1. There being no default competitive mode player match

This is the biggest issue above all else. And probably the easiest to fix.

I know a lot of people think that competitive mode should be the default mode in all online game modes in I2, and that stats/abilities should have to be opted in by both players. However, I can see why NRS didn't do this. People with competitive play in mind are the minority. Most people who bought I2 will spend lots of time grinding for the most powerful gear for their favourite character, and would not be happy with this being rendered useless by something that's at the mercy of their opponent.

But there's an easy compromise. Please give us a separate competitive player match mode where we can go in and find like minded players. One and done ranked matches are not an acceptable substitute. Saying "just add people who also want to play without gear" is not an acceptable solution; you can't always rely on people on your friends list being available to play at the same time as you, that's the whole point of player match rooms.[/QUOTE]
Not sure I understand this .. I mean sure.. could be fun.. but isn't player match by definition fighting someone in a personal challenge? Like why do you need a exta dedicated mode when you can just choose to fight the person you know and agree to use gear or not.

I do not really understand what you are saying here and how this is different to what we already have?

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
I think my main want is probably unpopular, but I would like a mode that allows GEAR MOVES but dose not use GEAR STATS.

Not sure I understand this .. I mean sure.. could be fun.. but isn't player match by definition fighting someone in a personal challenge? Like why do you need a exta dedicated mode when you can just choose to fight the person you know and agree to use gear or not.

I do not really understand what you are saying here and how this is different to what we already have?
So, I want a mode where I can go in and see a bunch of people who are sat there, looking for other people to play with competitive mode on.

You can't always rely on people you know being available to play at the same time, particularly due to work and other commitments.

That's the whole point of player match rooms.

But I don't want to go through the trial and error nonsense of finding people who want to play competitively in those rooms.

Also, currently, you could join a KOTH in the current player match rooms, only to be dethroned by some twat with unblockable superman lasers. This would not be the case if there was a committed competitive player match mode

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
No issues with PB with me, simple block an attack then pushblock. it requires a better timing but nothing serious.

Players that want PB to be B+MB they just want to be mashing it before the attack even connects lol.
It's really hard to pushblock batman's bats now though... If you set the komputer to do it, it sometimes does it on the second bat instead of the first, which probably means that it wasn't even possible to do it on the first bat for that timing and/or spacing...

Last edited:

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
@SneakyTortoise
You should definitely add that for practice mode we should have the option to set kompetitive mode to the default option. You know, something in the options menu that you kan just toggle if you want it to default to kompetitive mode. It's simple to do and more kompetitive players use practice mode than anyone else.

Also, I'm really glad you mentioned the input thing, it's terrible. You should probably add the pushblock change too.

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
@SneakyTortoise
You should definitely add that for practice mode we should have the option to set kompetitive mode to the default option. You know, something in the options menu that you kan just toggle if you want it to default to kompetitive mode. It's simple to do and more kompetitive players use practice mode than anyone else.

Also, I'm really glad you mentioned the input thing, it's terrible. You should probably add the pushblock change too.
Very true. It would be nice to add in the options menu an option to have all player/practice games modes set to competitive on by default.

The thing about pushblock, while I agree with you and many other people on this (that it's frustrating and a pain accidentally getting hit by things you tried to pushblock), I think this is very intentional on NRS' part. I think they want to add the mind game of pushblock baits and things like that, instead of giving players with a lifelead and meter the opportunity to just walk back and pushblock anything to close out a match

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Very true. It would be nice to add in the options menu an option to have all player/practice games modes set to competitive on by default.

The thing about pushblock, while I agree with you and many other people on this (that it's frustrating and a pain accidentally getting hit by things you tried to pushblock), I think this is very intentional on NRS' part. I think they want to add the mind game of pushblock baits and things like that, instead of giving players with a lifelead and meter the opportunity to just walk back and pushblock anything to close out a match
I was thinking about the pushblock thing too... I guess we just have to get used to the block stun on moves. Some moves have very minimal block stun so they're good for that. Others aren't that useful since you kan react in time to still be in block stun and pushblock.

Definitely put the option I mentioned though. It's a no-brainer to me that kompetitive players would use practice mode more than kasual players anyway. Specifically for me, my online is garbage so I am in practice mode all the time.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
Matchmaking

Everyone has a problem playing with each other, and the game is already doing that at random. In my experience, I felt upon some dudes who had a ping of more than 150ms, and very rarely one of lower than 100ms ping. I figured that it was because I played with people from other regions (Middle Eastern, Asia, etc).

And often I find myself having to face those with the worst ping (200ms and more) (America side), I tend to reject them. I'm sorry, but can't be helped with the shitty connection everyone in the whole Earth has.

How to fix?

I remember the system from the PC version MKX, which could matchmaking everyone in the order according to the distance each matchmaking person is. I remember seeing this searching from local till regional, and from regional till world. Why not implement the same system?

Last edited:
E

Eldriken

The point of pushblock is to do it as soon as you can. Why is that a problem? The way it is now can cause you to LOSE because of a mechanic that screws you out of what you're wanting and forces you to clash if it's the second round.

It's horseshit, dude. I should NEVER get a clash when I'm going for a pushblock. It's mechanically flawed.

Kooron Nation

More Ass and Tits for MK11
I just wish the characters I use/like in both games (Mileena, and Aquaman) weren't so widely hated and frowned upon so people respect me when I beat them lol.
But oh well, D1 Trident Rush

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I just wish the characters I use/like in both games (Mileena, and Aquaman) weren't so widely hated and frowned upon so people respect me when I beat them lol.
But oh well, D1 Trident Rush
Kinda bothers me too, Grandmaster Sub and Aquaman. Thing is the the majority of the time matchups only seriously come into play when both players exploit their options. If there was a MU that's like 6-4 in my character's favor, if I'm beating them at a ratio worse than that, I feel no sympathy for them.

People need to do what I did, accept that I'm ass, it isn't my character's fault, it can't be the matchup's fault because I'm not using all my options yet, play whatever character I want, and try to get better.

Aquaman and Mileena deserve to be hated but they aren't so broken to where wins mean nothing.

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
Kinda bothers me too, Grandmaster Sub and Aquaman. Thing is the the majority of the time matchups only seriously come into play when both players exploit their options. If there was a MU that's like 6-4 in my character's favor, if I'm beating them at a ratio worse than that, I feel no sympathy for them.

People need to do what I did, accept that I'm ass, it isn't my character's fault, it can't be the matchup's fault because I'm not using all my options yet, play whatever character I want, and try to get better.

Aquaman and Mileena deserve to be hated but they aren't so broken to where wins mean nothing.
@Kooron Nation

As the saying goes, the people who care don't matter, and the people who matter don't care. The people who get salty about losing to aquaman "because aquaman" are people who's opinions don't really matter anyway. I doubt anyone in this community will care who you play, because everyone understands the various motivations for playing a character, including the simple fact that it might just be because the character is good.

DeftMonk

Noob
Also, currently, you could join a KOTH in the current player match rooms, only to be dethroned by some twat with unblockable superman lasers. This would not be the case if there was a committed competitive player match mode
Is unblockable superman lasers a thing? Yesterday had a nice long win streak in koth only to be dethroned by some firestorm who had way more zoning tools than he should have haha was interesting.

As far as the push block goes this isn't the first game to have that mechanic tied to forward motion. I think it's fine it just requires timing not mashing.

kantboy-2

Ripper
Besides the input lag, my two gripes are;

-unblockable interactives
-death by chip (it would be awesome if they went the SFV route with the last bar) imagine the hype comebacks

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
Is unblockable superman lasers a thing? Yesterday had a nice long win streak in koth only to be dethroned by some firestorm who had way more zoning tools than he should have haha was interesting.

As far as the push block goes this isn't the first game to have that mechanic tied to forward motion. I think it's fine it just requires timing not mashing.
I don't actually know tbh, that was just a random example to demonstrate the point

Shaka

Tier Whore.
The point of pushblock is to do it as soon as you can. Why is that a problem? The way it is now can cause you to LOSE because of a mechanic that screws you out of what you're wanting and forces you to clash if it's the second round.

It's horseshit, dude. I should NEVER get a clash when I'm going for a pushblock. It's mechanically flawed.
I've never gotten a clash trying to PB, Like I said block an attack first then input F+MB, the blockstun on the attack won't allow you to clash or get hit by second attack.